MJD7 x Victormrey | World Baseball Classic (Series Complete)

MJD7

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Also @vtgco here is what your suggestion for the Brazil set would look like. Personally I would prefer the all-green hat but this is a good look itself too

I think this green & blue hat looks really good; much better than the yellow. I understand the idea for an all green hat, but I think this alternate cap should be able to stand on its own with all of the colors. I just imagine a lot of people owning the alternate jersey or cap only, because it's bright and multicolored like Brazil!

This thread is off to a good start!

Argentina: I really like the way you've handled the colors here, balancing the aesthetics of their flag and their association football kits. Well done!

Australia: Your update is a big improvement over the original, with a better color balance. My one nitpick is that the Aboriginal Flag isn't on the appropriate alt, but that's a minor fix.

Brazil: I like how you've blocked the colors throughout the uniform and I enjoy the association football alternate. However, I wouldn't mind if there were a few more green options. It is the base color of the flag, after all.

All in all, I'm liking it! I look forward to seeing how you'll handle Cuba, Germany (white jersey with black pants and white socks as an alt?), and Japan.

3 hours ago, vtgco said:

Forgot to mention this before, but it's Flag Day, so...

You could put the Aboriginal Flag next to/instead of the Australian flag on the alternate!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Australian_Aboriginal_Flag.svg

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Australia: Your update is a big improvement over the original, with a better color balance. My one nitpick is that the Aboriginal Flag isn't on the appropriate alt, but that's a minor fix.

I updated the Country Pride alt with the Aboriginal Flag, thank you both for the idea!

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

This thread is off to a good start!

Argentina: I really like the way you've handled the colors here, balancing the aesthetics of their flag and their association football kits. Well done!

Brazil: I like how you've blocked the colors throughout the uniform and I enjoy the association football alternate. However, I wouldn't mind if there were a few more green options. It is the base color of the flag, after all.

All in all, I'm liking it! I look forward to seeing how you'll handle Cuba, Germany (white jersey with black pants and white socks as an alt?), and Japan.

Thank you! 

Here's how Brazil's away would look if it was green, what do you think?

hn7nuIZ.png

19 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I like the solid green!

Thanks! And thank you everybody for the suggestions to improve our designs!

Moving from South America to North America, it's time for Canada.

First of all, we wanted to reduce the ammount of black used. The set is inspired by the style the country uses in the Olympic Games, combining that style with the famous Chicago White Sox 80’s chest band.

Both home and road use a straight wordmark we found. While the Country Pride uniform features the Mapple leaf as main element, keeping the red as main colour.

PDUQhS5.png

RypeaDO.png

05HLUGN.png

I like that solid green alt for Brazil!

Canada, well I'm less than sold on it. I'm not keen on the black being there (I get that plenty of their national teams use it as a secondary color, but still). A no-black version of the White Sox template could look better. I do like the Maple Leaf alternate, although I kind of wish there was a blue French Canadian set, if only for a little variation. Still, good work.

Thanks for the feedback! Here's our redesign of the set, following @SFGiants58's and @chapper's suggestions:

3922qt2.png

kV5FXsy.png

VRKi4e7.png

At first we tried @Carolingian Steamroller's idea, but the black on red numbers weren't really visible, so we decided to drop the black altogether.

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I kind of wish there was a blue French Canadian set, if only for a little variation.

Maybe we could keep the red uni with the Mapple leaf as road, using a blue alt with a Fleur de Lis, what do you think?

I was going to comment that the black was unnecessary, but it looks like you fixed it before I had a chance to! The black-less Canada designs are a big improvement over your first attempt. However, I think the '83 White Sox-esque bars across the fronts would work better if you used a pullover-style template. And on the alt, I'm not sure I like how the bottom of the Maple Leaf disappears into the lower half of the jersey. I think it would work fine if the leaf was contained within the center of the white bar like how it is on the Canadian flag. 

13 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I think the red of the flag should match the red of the jersey.

Corrected:

Canada_Home.png

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

And on the alt, I'm not sure I like how the bottom of the Maple Leaf disappears into the lower half of the jersey. I think it would work fine if the leaf was contained within the center of the white bar like how it is on the Canadian flag. 

13 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I think the maple leaf would look better over the left breast instead of centered

We've decided to combine your ideas in a single design:

t8CYdHn.png

And here's the new alternate, based on the Quebec flag, as @SFGiants58 proposed:

IAt6wtY.png

What do you think about the new designs?

Alright, so it seems like the latest version will be the finalized version for Canada. Thank you all tons for the C+C, we both agree that the set looks much improved now thanks to you all!

Now that Canada is finished, it's time to move on to the next team, which is China!

We wanted to keep China's main look traditional. While we kept the headspoon piping, we added a stripe for it to resemble this Cardinals' 1940's set. Old English numbers (another irony in naming) are added to match the wordmark.The Country Pride alternate is an idea of @Victormrey's that I think turned out wonderfully; the uniform uses a dragon pattern based on China's 2018 Nike soccer kit. The country name is proudly represented in Chinese on the front of the jersey and the cap.

POEtfHy.pngjO3OMWp.pngenqnUcj.png

Any suggestions, requests, or just comments in general are always appreciated!

16 hours ago, coco1997 said:

China turned out excellent! That dragon pattern alternate sure is wild. For the red alt, how would it look if you put just the Old English "C" on the left breast, Reds style, or even on the home set? 

Thanks! It's not a bad look either.

MSXbE4W.png

15 hours ago, tigers said:

The only thing I suggest is using White with the Black due to the unity of the two, yin and yang are the example.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean - would you be able to clarify?

Archived