MJD7 x Victormrey | World Baseball Classic (Series Complete)

MJD7

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

MUCH better. The new cap logo and wordmark are much more "timeless" looking. Well done!

11 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Agreed. Can't go wrong with the classics. Looking forward to my home country tomorrow! Vamos Vinotinto!

9 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Gorgeous! That is Team USA

Thank you guys for the feedback and for helping us to improve the original set!

As we announced, since today it’s Venezuela’s Independence Day, we’ll post its set today. Feliz 5 de Julio!

We wanted to go back to the classic Maroon ("Vinotinto"), which characterizes Venezuelan sport teams, combining it with darker shades of gold and blue, taken from the national flag.

The home and road uniforms feature the placket and sleeve pipping used until 2009. While the country pride uniform is inspired by the 2017 WBC road set.

ZTZBtEp.png

97qUIr1.png

DfvnPAt.png

United States: I like the update far more than the first version (but good on you for trying to make the best of it), especially with the use of color. However, I do have to ask: did you get @illwauk‘s permission to use his design for the cap logo? If not, it would be best to create a new, similar design.

Venezuela: The striping and color arrangement are both fantastic. I don’t really have any nitpicks with this one.

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work! Love the color combo and those scripts. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

United States: I like the update far more than the first version (but good on you for trying to make the best of it), especially with the use of color. However, I do have to ask: did you get @illwauk‘s permission to use his design for the cap logo? If not, it would be best to create a new, similar design.

Venezuela: The striping and color arrangement are both fantastic. I don’t really have any nitpicks with this one.

Thank you. My apologies for the US cap logo. I wanted to ask @illwauk for permission to his rendering of the logo, but he hasn't been active on the boards since 2015, so I was unsure of what to do. Although I admit I probably shouldn't have used it in the first place, I have adjusted the logo in the prior post, and now it better matches both the original 1934 logo and the current wordmark.

That is one of the best USA baseball concepts I've ever seen.  Though I would prefer a regular road gray to the all blue.  And I think your star piping could work on all the jerseys.

On 7/6/2018 at 12:04 AM, HoopsCoach55 said:

Venezuela looks great!

18 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Venezuela looks terrific. The socks especially. It's nice when teams have a color that represents the nation which isn't necessarily on the flag. 

Thank you guys!

On 7/5/2018 at 9:41 PM, coco1997 said:

One small suggestion for Venezuela. Could we see red placket piping on the alt to make it consistent with the other jerseys?

Sure thing!

JUeuBO3.png

24 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

That looks great!

Looking forward to Israel next!

Thank you!

22 hours ago, NicDB said:

That is one of the best USA baseball concepts I've ever seen.  Though I would prefer a regular road gray to the all blue.  And I think your star piping could work on all the jerseys.

Thank you so much! When the USA comes back up in the original order at the end, I can post some alternate takes for the team, including what a road gray would look like.

Israel should be up soon!

After the USA and Venezuela, let's continue with the planned order. Time for Israel!

For these designs we kept the current wordmark and logos, featuring a double pipping inspired by the country flag. The alt uniform uses powder blue as main colour, inspired by this variant of the flag, and the name of the country in Hebrew.

nSQgtcm.png

6KSxpUW.png

i0vjGJo.png

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

giphy.gif

Nice job on Team Israel!

Curious how the home and alts would look with white front paneled caps. And for the alt, I'd make the socks royal blue with powder blue stripes.

17 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

I agree with coco1997, a white front panel on blue cap would look great!

48 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I really dig that powder blue version with the Hebrew front script. 

Thank you guys! Here's the set with the suggestions you've made:

ACpzqiE.png

2QlW5jk.png

bItqh2H.png

Archived