MJD7

MJD7 x Victormrey | World Baseball Classic: Nicaragua

Recommended Posts

On 6/29/2018 at 9:11 AM, coco1997 said:

Great job on the Dominicans. I LOVE that alternate! Easily one of my favorite designs in the entire series so far. 

 

On 6/29/2018 at 12:13 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The Dominican stirrups for the win!

 

On 6/29/2018 at 1:20 PM, Paul Lucas said:

🇩🇴🇩🇴🇩🇴🇩🇴🇩🇴🇩🇴🇩🇴🇩🇴🇩🇴🇩🇴🇩🇴

You did my country proud!

Thank you all!

 

Now we have Germany!

 

For the main home & away we decided to keep the set primarily black & white, besides the flag striping. The "Deutschland" wordmark & numbers were designed by @Victormrey to replace Germany's cursive script. The alternate embraces the colors of the flag a little bit more.

 

umTI5tp.png7lmneSd.pngCTlwpnt.png

 

And as a bonus here is the white jersey/black pants World Cup combo that @SFGiants58 suggested earlier in the thread.

sK0Sfhj.png

 

C&C are appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicely done with Germany.

Keep them coming these are great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how Germany turned out, but any chance we could see the set with all upper-case wordmarks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tigers said:

Nicely done with Germany.

Keep them coming these are great

Thanks, will do!

15 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I like how Germany turned out, but any chance we could see the set with all upper-case wordmarks? 

We tried the set with upper-case letters, but it didn't fit and wasn't nearly as readable as the lowercase letters are.

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I love that Tricolor "D." 

 

It's very 1848. 

 

Any chance on a gold jersey? Maybe all gold uniform?

I love it too! 

 

Here's a look at gold jersey options!

6APvEFJ.pngP2QO9wf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Germany feels like it should have a green set too.

Here's a look at that!

AWjl43b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, I love that green alt. Makes me think of the old German VW Beetle police cars:

 

10_b305743a83e26da12fd2e3177290a287.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany looks perfect! Best looks are White/White, White/Black, Black/Black, and Green/White. That's all we need!

 

Great job through the whole series, glad to have found it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Republica Dominicana: I like it, especially with the way you've handled the royal/red contrast on the different elements (especially the stirrups and the striping). The alternate is a particularly fantastic modernization of the vintage uniform.

 

Deutschland: This is another solid one, especially with the font choice and wordmark composition. The all-black, football kit (white with black pants), and green/white are my favorites of the bunch. I'm not totally sold on the all-yellow, but that's down to personal preference. Good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 6:13 PM, coco1997 said:

Oh man, I love that green alt. Makes me think of the old German VW Beetle police cars

That's definitely a great reference!

21 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Germany looks perfect! Best looks are White/White, White/Black, Black/Black, and Green/White. That's all we need!

 

Great job through the whole series, glad to have found it!

Thank you! It seems like the green alt is getting a lot of love, so I'd say we could designate that as the official alternate.

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Republica Dominicana: I like it, especially with the way you've handled the royal/red contrast on the different elements (especially the stirrups and the striping). The alternate is a particularly fantastic modernization of the vintage uniform.

 

Deutschland: This is another solid one, especially with the font choice and wordmark composition. The all-black, football kit (white with black pants), and green/white are my favorites of the bunch. I'm not totally sold on the all-yellow, but that's down to personal preference. Good work!

Thank you very much!

 

So we're gonna switch it up a bit today. Since July 4th is the United States' Independence Day, and tomorrow is Venezuela's Independence Day, we're going to post those last two teams on those respective days, and then go back to the regular order.

 

Starting off with the USA! Our main goal with this set was to clean things up and try to create a classic look out of the logos the national team currently has. We cleaned up the cap logo and simplified the elements down to the star and "US" monogram. We carried the shadow of the wordmark over to the number font to create a unique look. The jersey/pants combo on the home & away has a total of 7 red stripes on each uniform, matching that of the flag. The socks also feature the 13 stripes of the American flag, reflecting the original thirteen colonies. The alternate jersey goes all-in on the red and would ideally feature 50 stars total on the sleeves and collar.

 

an6jV12.pngvtrJEk4.png3IVwBr2.png

 

We'd love to hear what everybody thinks. Happy 4th of July!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the socks and the striping/star patterns on the sleeves. I think USA baseball's logo and wordmark set need a serious overall, but these are solid jerseys despite that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very appropriate to go out of order and post this set today! 

 

While this set is good, I agree with @seasaltvanilla that the "USA" logo and wordmark are very dated (they scream early 2000s/MiLB to me). I think a cap logo like the one worn by the All-American Baseball team during the tour of Japan in 1934 is a lot more timeless looking:

 

1217-babe-ruth-michael-jordan-auction-la

 

Also, this jersey, complete with Captain America-esque shield, is fantastic:

 

1173_6766_large_d646373e-a910-41d8-9f90-

 

I'm not trying to tear your Team USA designs apart. I think you did the absolute best with what is currently being used. However, if you look back in history I think you could get some ideas to produce a more classic, timeless design which is only fitting for the country that gave us the great game of baseball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see a more classic look for USA, but for using that logo/style, it's a great design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2018 at 11:51 AM, BellaSpurs said:

Im biased, those are my favorite yet!

Thanks!

On 7/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, seasaltvanilla said:

Like the socks and the striping/star patterns on the sleeves. I think USA baseball's logo and wordmark set need a serious overall, but these are solid jerseys despite that.

 

On 7/4/2018 at 2:12 PM, HoopsCoach55 said:

I'd love to see a more classic look for USA, but for using that logo/style, it's a great design.

Thank you both! Although I don't mind the current USA logos as much as most people do, I can definitely see why the consensus is that they generally look dated. That's why we decided to try an update, as you'll see below, with the goal of having a more "classic" set definitely in mind.

On 7/4/2018 at 1:22 PM, coco1997 said:

Very appropriate to go out of order and post this set today! 

 

While this set is good, I agree with @seasaltvanilla that the "USA" logo and wordmark are very dated (they scream early 2000s/MiLB to me). I think a cap logo like the one worn by the All-American Baseball team during the tour of Japan in 1934 is a lot more timeless looking.

 

Also, this jersey, complete with Captain America-esque shield, is fantastic.

 

I'm not trying to tear your Team USA designs apart. I think you did the absolute best with what is currently being used. However, if you look back in history I think you could get some ideas to produce a more classic, timeless design which is only fitting for the country that gave us the great game of baseball. 

Don't worry about tearing it apart, I really appreciate the thorough review! Your recommendations definitely helped form this update you're about to see below. Although we couldn't find a place to fit the shield (it is a great logo), we did use a cap logo inspired by the 1934 version, one that was rendered wonderfully by @illwauk back in 2014. The jersey font is inspired by this old USA set and Bryan Spangenberg's design for Uni Watch.

 

Z9CHTXv.png5gIHKVp.png6XrKikV.png

 

Let us know what you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MUCH better. The new cap logo and wordmark are much more "timeless" looking. Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now