MJD7 x Victormrey | World Baseball Classic (Series Complete)

MJD7

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/9/2018 at 11:15 AM, coco1997 said:

Looks great! 

20 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Updates look great!

16 hours ago, CoolestSportsConcepts said:

These are all great! Definitely prefer the second USA set you made to the first though.

Thank you all!

Now we have Italy!

The main goal with Italy was to differentiate them from the plenty of red & blue teams in the WBC. Overall Italy looks a little bit too much like a Dodgers copy. Our solution was to add green from their flag as an accent color. This creates a color scheme of blue/green/red that is pretty unique among sports, and avoids going all in on green/red (which would make them look like Mexico while also forsaking some of their athletic tradition.) So green outlines the wordmark and numbers, and is present on the sleeves and pants trim mimicking the flag pattern, while the rest of the set is primarily blue. The Country Pride alternate, however, does go all-in on green and red, with the contrasting sleeves reflecting the flag.

Ofa4RoF.png8Xr6Wzu.pngMDuOAWI.png

Ah, the team of my people!

I always wondered why Team Italy was so blue-heavy, given the flag colors, but I understand your wanting to distinguish them from Team Mexico. I agree with @HoopsCoach55 that the back numbers should be red, and while I know I just suggested it for Israel, I think a white front panel on the home cap would be nice on the home set. They tend to work better with raglan sleeves (see the '70s Padres and Braves) than solid colored caps, in my opinion. 

The Country Pride alt is definitely my favorite of the group!

On 7/10/2018 at 2:00 PM, HoopsCoach55 said:

I'd keep the red numbers on the back as well as the front, seems like it might have a good look that also distances a bit more from the Dodgers.

On 7/10/2018 at 3:09 PM, coco1997 said:

Ah, the team of my people!

I always wondered why Team Italy was so blue-heavy, given the flag colors, but I understand your wanting to distinguish them from Team Mexico. I agree with @HoopsCoach55 that the back numbers should be red, and while I know I just suggested it for Israel, I think a white front panel on the home cap would be nice on the home set. They tend to work better with raglan sleeves (see the '70s Padres and Braves) than solid colored caps, in my opinion. 

The Country Pride alt is definitely my favorite of the group!

Here is a look at red numbers and a white front panel cap on the home! I think I might like the original better personally, but this isn't a bad look either.

I7Qc8G5.png

Japan should be up tomorrow!

As usual, thank you guys for the feedback!

Time for Japan!

The current look of the Samurais is great, that’s why we decided to keep the current home and road uniforms, adding a tad of red to their logos: on the home as border and on the road as fill, in order to make them pop-up. The Country Pride design is mainly red, featuring the roundel from the flag with a “J” on it, and a subtle pattern on the sleeves taken from “The Great Wave off Kanagawa”.

4MVsg8r.png

oggtaos.png

lUZSnjz.png

On 7/12/2018 at 5:13 PM, coco1997 said:

I love Japan's World Baseball jerseys as is, but the added red from the flag really makes them pop even more. And the alt is absolutely stunning!

On 7/13/2018 at 12:18 AM, HoopsCoach55 said:

Solid look for Nippon!

Thank you both! We appreciate it!

On 7/12/2018 at 5:20 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I love those Japanese roads! The design looks so much like samurai lamellar armor. 

Thank you so much! That was absolutely the intention!

Next up, we come back to North America for Mexico!

For all 3 uniforms we went with a racing stripes pattern akin to the 80's Mets, while reflecting the flag pattern. The home adds pinstripes to complete the look, while the away embraces the green. The Country Pride alt features a subliminal pattern on a black uniform, similar to China, but this time the pattern is an Aztec-inspired one.The uniform also features a brighter green to stand out against the black.

0BZtA8J.pngvlUWfU1.pngCMH5Y0m.png

C&C is appreciated, as always.

On 7/14/2018 at 6:02 PM, HoopsCoach55 said:

Solid! No better word than that

On 7/14/2018 at 7:22 PM, coco1997 said:

Love the racing stripes, and the all black alternate is very sleek. Perfection!

Thank you guys for the feedback!

Back to Europe with the Netherlands.

The set features the current wordmark, but with the crown in the centre, going for a white front cap on the home and a mainly orange road cap which stands out from the all black uniform. The Country Pride uniform uses the colours of the Dutch Prince's Flag, featuring a coloured version of Mondrian's "Composition with Red Blue and Yellow".

UmySCE4.png

cg50Sfj.png

fwOfnuv.png

On 7/16/2018 at 7:13 PM, coco1997 said:

Really glad you decided to lose the sleeveless look for the Netherlands. The alternate is out of this world!

On 7/17/2018 at 1:42 PM, HoopsCoach55 said:

Another great look, this is an amazing thread!

Thanks!

Next up we have Nicaragua!

We wanted to keep this set simple, with royal blue as the main color. Since gray is present as a secondary, this is the one team that keeps a gray road uniform. There is simple piping down the entire side of the main set, with the alternate featuring a three-stripe pattern across the chest. The pattern comes to an end in the back, creating a triangle in the negative space, inspired by the seal of the flag.

gzppBpu.pngGexAQFa.pngzNMY6ja.png

I really like the solution to the numbers on the alternate for Nicaragua. Ordinarily, you'd see the stripes either pass all the way around or they'd cut off at the seam under the arm (we sometimes forget the role of seams and fabric in design). However, for this design they've been artistically angled to make space for the numerals. It's clever while still maintaining a clean look. 

Cheers!

Archived