MJD7 x Victormrey | World Baseball Classic (Series Complete)

MJD7

1158706.gif?b64lines=SEVZLCBIRVkhIEknVkU

Well, I like what I'm seeing!

Israel: I really like the revision, @Victormrey. You've done good work in using their color scheme and setting up the dual/Northwestern stripe pattern. The powder blue uniform with the Hebrew script is a good touch.

Italia: @MJD7, you've done a good job with giving the team a more distinct identity. The addition of green, the contrast-colored sleeves, and the striping pattern are fantastic. I find that I like the red numbers of the update, yet prefer the solid cap on the home uniform. The flag-centric set is also fantastic. Well done!

Nippon: The tweaks are pretty solid here, Victor. The country pride set makes good use out of the sublimated patterns and takes advantage of the red hue. Nice work!

Mexico: The racing stripes were an inspired touch! I would have liked to see a split letter number font (kind of like the old Grizzlies or Blue Jays), but I get that it'd pose legibility problems on a pinstriped background. The Aztec pattern uniform is a strong addition to their uniform package. 

The Netherlands: You've handled the color scheme very well here, with appropriate tweaks for the scheme. I like the art reference on the orange jersey, but I must admit that the powder outlined in white is a bit too bright for my tastes. I'm not sure how you'd fix that (since altering it defeats the point of the design), but I'd pin it on personal preference. Well done.

Nicaragua: As @Carolingian Steamroller said, I really like the alternate and the way you've handled the jersey striping. The primary home and road looks are both fantastic, working well with the fonts and colors. I'm a sucker for shoulder stripes, and your minimalist version of them was excellent. It's good!

I can't wait for more, hopefully with more timely C+C on my end.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/19/2018 at 7:33 PM, coco1997 said:

Nicaragua turned out really nicely! The alt is my favorite of the set. Can't find anything I'd change. 

On 7/20/2018 at 10:49 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I really like the solution to the numbers on the alternate for Nicaragua. Ordinarily, you'd see the stripes either pass all the way around or they'd cut off at the seam under the arm (we sometimes forget the role of seams and fabric in design). However, for this design they've been artistically angled to make space for the numerals. It's clever while still maintaining a clean look. 

Cheers!

18 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

1158706.gif?b64lines=SEVZLCBIRVkhIEknVkU

Well, I like what I'm seeing!

Israel: I really like the revision, @Victormrey. You've done good work in using their color scheme and setting up the dual/Northwestern stripe pattern. The powder blue uniform with the Hebrew script is a good touch.

Italia: @MJD7, you've done a good job with giving the team a more distinct identity. The addition of green, the contrast-colored sleeves, and the striping pattern are fantastic. I find that I like the red numbers of the update, yet prefer the solid cap on the home uniform. The flag-centric set is also fantastic. Well done!

Nippon: The tweaks are pretty solid here, Victor. The country pride set makes good use out of the sublimated patterns and takes advantage of the red hue. Nice work!

Mexico: The racing stripes were an inspired touch! I would have liked to see a split letter number font (kind of like the old Grizzlies or Blue Jays), but I get that it'd pose legibility problems on a pinstriped background. The Aztec pattern uniform is a strong addition to their uniform package. 

The Netherlands: You've handled the color scheme very well here, with appropriate tweaks for the scheme. I like the art reference on the orange jersey, but I must admit that the powder outlined in white is a bit too bright for my tastes. I'm not sure how you'd fix that (since altering it defeats the point of the design), but I'd pin it on personal preference. Well done.

Nicaragua: As @Carolingian Steamroller said, I really like the alternate and the way you've handled the jersey striping. The primary home and road looks are both fantastic, working well with the fonts and colors. I'm a sucker for shoulder stripes, and your minimalist version of them was excellent. It's good!

I can't wait for more, hopefully with more timely C+C on my end.

Thank you very much guys for the feedback! We really appreciate it.

@SFGiants58 you're probably right about the sleeve design from the Dutch alt. It's not easy, since we tried to use Orange/Black, but the result wasn't the same. We'll think about it and try to come up with a solution.

P.S. @MJD7 and me are alternating to post each set, but we both have provided our grain of sand to every design ?

Now, we're staying in Central America with Panama!

Given there are plenty of teams with Blue/Red as colours, we decided to try something different. The home and road uniforms feature a sleeve design which tries to mimic the national flag, while keeping the current wordmarks and logos. On the other hand, the alt design presents the Panama Canal as main motif, represented with a blue on white wave on the sleeves.

p9ufWrE.png

Xgh5IoN.png

dY3KHjt.png

On 7/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, coco1997 said:

I like everything about this concept except the contrasting sleeves on the home set. I know you're trying to mimic the Panama flag, but I'd try making the front of the white sleeve blue. 

Thanks! It may not exactly mimic the flag, but here's how the home uniform with white front sleeves:

SM7ZBsD.png

On 7/24/2018 at 4:43 PM, coco1997 said:

That looks good!

Thanks for the C&C!

Now we have Puerto Rico to show you all!

The raglan sleeve look was one that Puerto Rico embraced in the 2009 WBC.We decided to combine that look with the blue cap of the most recent WBC to give a look that is unique to Puerto Rico. The socks are inspired by the pattern of the flag. The alternate is inspired by the uniform the team wore in the Caribbean Series.

yPFr0OR.pngk60eUdA.pngct6ZzYT.png

Comments or suggestions of any kind, as always, are appreciated!

23 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I love it!

Only alteration I'd make is switching the road from red to blue (maybe keeping the red sleeves?). The all red road is very Cuban and given how similar the flags are, I would want to avoid confusion. 

You're definitely right about the red road. Here is a version of the road in blue, along with a flipped version of the alternate:

VhEpVm7.pngr5gsoZW.png

23 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Perfect! It looks crisp and matches the cap!

20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The tweaks are a big improvement. Nice job! 

Thanks! And thank you guys for helping us to improve the set.

Time for the only African team on the series, South Africa!

In order to create an unique set, specifically to differentiate from Australia, we've reduced the amount of green (which now is Kelly green instead of Forest green) and gold used, featuring the flag on the sleeves, using its colours for the numbers and socks. The flag has also inspired the alternate uniform, using the placket from the template to mimic its design.

QbX6jRX.png

VdbCtlT.png

Jb7HzLL.png

On 7/28/2018 at 8:55 AM, coco1997 said:

I really like use of colors for South Africa, especially on the alt. Good work!

On 7/28/2018 at 5:38 PM, kerlonmoura said:

That South Africa alt is genius!!

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That alt is so wonderfully 90's.

Thank you all!

Next up we have South Korea!

Korea has definitely always tried to go a bit more  modern  edge with their uniforms, but with this set we tried to take things back a little bit and make the team look more "classic." We took the dual-piping from this design (which for us is inspired by the red & blue Taeguk of the South Korean flag, which symbolizes balance) and thinned it down to make it a more traditional baseball look. We also took Korea's blue and brightened it up a bit to create a light blue & red scheme that is unique among the WBC participants. The alternate is inspired by the oldest iteration of the Korean flag, using inspiration from its color scheme, and and the original 8 trigrams (kwae) are used as the jersey's striping pattern. The country's name is also across the front of the jersey in Korean, and the first character (roughly translating to "big/great team") is placed on the cap logo.

uFEfZVO.pngNm9k9qQ.png8G9bkOW.png

Spain is up next to wrap up the series!

That Korean alternate! It's amazing! I love the flag inspired striping!

BTW, I think you should include some more black in South Africa's home & away. The blue & red look kinda off.

On 7/30/2018 at 1:46 PM, vtgco said:

That Korean alternate! It's amazing! I love the flag inspired striping!

BTW, I think you should include some more black in South Africa's home & away. The blue & red look kinda off.

On 7/30/2018 at 2:53 PM, coco1997 said:

South Korea looks great! Definitely an improvement on what they've been wearing. The alt is superb, as well. 

Curious how the road set would look with a red baselayer and red socks.

On 7/30/2018 at 5:51 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

Can I please buy that Korean alternate jersey?

Thank you all! Here is a look at the Korea away with red accents:

cAAmJRe.png

And next up, since @Victormrey currently doesn't have access to his computer, I'm going to be posting the team that finishes off the series, Spain!

One element that we both agreed early on that we would like for Spain was a UCLA-style striping pattern inspired by SFGiants58's Angels set. While we realized the template we were using wouldn't really allow for such a design, it resulted in a striping style that might honestly look cooler for Spain. Overall the set is intended to embrace gold a little bit more than China does, with the away going all-gold. The Country Pride alternate uses striping patterns that represent the 5 different regions of Spain: The top left represents the North & Northwest with a wave pattern, and the bottom left represents Andalusia with a Nasri pattern inspired by the Alhambra. The top right represents Barcelona with a pattern based on the Güell Park, and the bottom right represents Valencia with a pattern which resembles the City of Arts and Sciences.

PsppXoT.pngVzbbEdw.pngpy8UohK.png

We hope you enjoyed following this collaborative effort, and we'd love to hear any favorites you had! Thanks for checking this series out, I'll post the USA outtakes I promised earlier on when I get the chance!

Great finish to the series with Spain! One small suggestion: Make the innermost stripes of the UCLA-style stripes (and pant stripes) white. 

Looking back at the series, my favorite designs were: 

- Chinese Taipei alt

- Dominican Republic alt

- Germany green alt

- Italy alt

- Japan road

- Mexico home

If you're taking requests for some USA alts, I think my ideal set would be the updated version with no front numbers and red letters w/ blue outlines on the home set. 

Archived