The Rockies Go Traditional

Lumbergh

Very simple, and traditional baseball look I put together for the Rockies. The identity has been slimmed down to only purple and white, and I even went simple on the road jersey with no white outlines, a la the Dodgers. All hand drawn lettering, so excuse any imperfections, I'm still trying to make revisions. Any C&C appreciated.

pusCg0J.png

KLgcd66.png

Jqa8cxb.png

I like it, but I think there are a few places it falls flat. The text seems out of line, like each of the letters is bouncing all over the place. I also think it needs just a hint of black to make the purple pop a bit more, and you'd be set. It's a really nice start, though!

I like the "Colorado" cursive script. It has character, it's fun, and it looks clean.

I think the "Rockies" script definitely shares that same light-hearted character, but it feels a bit misaligned and crowded (the "ies" is falling below the baseline, the "c" & "k" and the "e" & "s" are too close together). With some improvement, I think it could also work well on a jersey.

That mountain secondary would go well on a cap (maybe a white cap with a purple brim, for the purple alternate!)

Overall, looks nice and your presentation is good. The Rockies look good as a one color+white team!

I'm sorry to say, but I'm still not feeling it on the "Rockies" script.

One of my favorite parts of both scripts was the flat endings to each line, which gave it some spirit, so I'm kinda bummed that got cut. Also, the loop on the "k" was nice too.

Also, I think combining the "c" and "k" makes it feel more crowded. I was kinda thinking you could increase the kerning from before.

On the plus side, I do think you've improved the baseline of the "ies."

Also, all of it looks good on the black background!

Archived