Gothamite

Staten Island Yankees now the... Pizza Rats?!

I'm surprised they didn't incorporate a red-and-white gingham trim motif to evoke a pizza parlour tablecloth. 

I'm totally buying one of these caps. It's completely ridiculous and I love it.

I prefer the full body rat holding the pizza slice than the main logo. Sadly it looks like they didn't produce any merch with this logo. The front face rat looks ambiguous, could easily be a kangaroo.

Of course, Brandiose being Brandiose, there was a "swingin' mascot" logo.  They just left this one on the drawing board.

Dfk7FYcV4AAmyl4.jpg

And look @DC in Da House w/o a Doubt - toppings!  Pepperoni!

Seriously, though, how do you look at everything on these pages and say "Yeah, we want that kangaroo-over-the-slice.  That's our best choice."

Better brand than another "MLB copy and paste" deal.

If Allentown/Bethlehem can have the Iron Pigs, Pizza Rats is fine by me.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Of course, Brandiose being Brandiose, there was a "swingin' mascot" logo.  They just left this one on the drawing board.

Dfk7FYcV4AAmyl4.jpg

And look @DC in Da House w/o a Doubt - toppings!  Pepperoni!

Seriously, though, how do you look at everything on these pages and say "Yeah, we want that kangaroo-over-the-slice.  That's our best choice."

That script is so pleasing to look at. IMO, I feel like it they had stacked the words off center from each other it might look even better. Maybe play with the size of the words in comparison to each other, but I wouldn't really change anything about how the letters are constructed. Really really nice to look at.

Seeing these sketches, I'd have liked to see a Ratue of Liberty cap :D 

Dfk7FYcV4AAmyl4.jpg

Both of the word marks are outstanding. I love the logo that features the rat holding the slice of pepperoni pizza aloft, though it could do without the baseball bat he's wielding (Brandiose gonna Brandiose). All of that said, the simplicity of the pizza peel emblazoned with the "SI" ligature is my personal favorite. I just think it's phenomenal!  

On 6/12/2018 at 12:59 PM, keynote said:

I'm surprised they didn't incorporate a red-and-white gingham trim motif to evoke a pizza parlour tablecloth. 

That would make for an amazing bill of an alt cap...

On 6/12/2018 at 11:46 AM, kroywen said:

This is like naming a team after "I Can Has Cheezburger" in the year 2018. Sorry, you were way too late on this, SI Yanks.

Also, as @Waffles mentioned, the pizza rat was on a stairwell to a subway. There are no subways in Staten Island. This is like renaming the Brooklyn Cyclones after a Broadway reference. 

The Hudson Valley AYYYYYY I'M WALKIN' HEREs