Section30

Minnesota Amateur Hockey League - 1920

The playoffs came and the Black Bears experience carried them past the Virginia Royals 2 games to 1 in the first round. In the Cities, the Vulcans surprising run continued as they beat the Millers to advance to the finals in their first year. In the championship game, the Vulcans were carried by their captain, Lou Tschida. They knocked off the defending champs from Ely, and won their first Kellogg Cup!

roZ3OCS.png

I just stumbled upon this, and ... wow. This looks well made and it is timely. Some things I'd like to see are records for each team and maybe expansions to the west and south?

14 hours ago, JamHeronArk said:

I just stumbled upon this, and ... wow. This looks well made and it is timely. Some things I'd like to see are records for each team and maybe expansions to the west and south?

Thank you, and yes it will be a long series. I will definitely try doing records and I will likely be adjusting the playoffs soon to show scores and other things. As for expansion, there will be plenty of that coming soon. The times teams join the league are determined by population at that time period and at this period most cities are either in the Twin Cities or the Iron Range, but as populations rise more teams will join. That along with updating current teams will be the biggest challenge for this series, as of right now I plan on the league having at least 130 teams in 16 leagues by the time it is done.

5 hours ago, chapper said:

Just read through the entire story and... wow. The detail in this is incredible. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy what will likely be a lengthy story!

Anyways, I will be out of town for a week so the thread will die down a little bit, but I plan on picking up where I left off as soon as I get back!

As I know you want to focus on Minnesota, are we going to see leagues in other states that compete with the Minnesota teams?

11 minutes ago, Darknes said:

As I know you want to focus on Minnesota, are we going to see leagues in other states that compete with the Minnesota teams?

That's an interesting idea but I think for the sake of this series I'm going to stick to leagues in Minnesota. Though there are going to be a few teams from Wisconsin and North Dakota.

13 hours ago, JamHeronArk said:

~130 teams in 16 divisions? You, sir, are dedicated.

Yes I agree.

Go Vulcans