Section30

Minnesota Amateur Hockey League - 1936 Finals

1 hour ago, RoughRiders99 said:

Why are they in the Lake Superior League though? Not disagreeing with your decision, just wondering why you decided to do that. 

I put them there for a couple of reasons.

1. I'm kind of trying to keep cities that are mining towns in the Iron Range League and leaving towns like Grand Rapids, which is a lumber based city, in other leagues.

2. Grand Rapids is in an awkward location where it really isn't close to any other bigger cities, it is about an hour or more to every larger city.

3. Duluth and Grand Rapids have a bit of a rivalry in High School hockey so I thought having the two in the same league here would make sense.

I'm glad you like them, and I wish you guys good luck in the playoffs.

1936 Playoffs

There is a slight change to the playoff format. The top overall team now is on the same half of the bracket as the wildcard bracket. The second and third seeds are no win the same half. This just gets rid of the "advantage" of being the third seed.

Knockout Round:

• The Saints defeat Minneapolis and advance.
  • In the wildcard bracket, the Victorias easily win and advance.
  • The Flames, in their first playoff appearance since 1928, upset the Hounds.
  • Le Bleus beat the newcomers from Grand Rapids and advance.

Second Round:

• The defending champs blow out the Saints, sweeping them.
  • Two Harbors wins a close series against the Victorias.
  • Eveleth prevents the Flames from another upset, winning the series 2-1.
  • In a HUGE rivalry series between the Duluth Hornets and Voyageurs, the Hornets came out on top, but they will be shorthanded due to injuries from the physical series.

Semi Finals:

• In another playoff meeting between the Mavs and Woves, South St. Paul came out on top to advance to the finals.
  • In a great, close, series, the Reds squeezed past Duluth and advanced to get back into the finals.

Will the Mavericks go back to back? Or will the Reds dynasty continue?

ZgRvVDp.png

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

10 hours ago, Goran The Man said:

The Greyhounds somehow find a way to choke during the playoffs.

It seems like the Greyhounds and Minneapolis have a habit of choking, and the Lakers and Flames seem to overachieve in the playoffs.

1936 Kellogg Cup Finals

Game 1: The Mavericks out shoot the Reds 34-20 and win the game 2-0.

Game 2: South St. Paul winger Terry Trkla nets a hat trick as the Mavericks win game 2, 3-1.

Game 3: The Mavericks continue to bury the Reds as they dominate them physically as well as on the score sheet, winning handily and taking a 3-0 series lead.

Game 4: With their backs to the wall, the Reds are able to squeeze out a W before heading back to South St. Paul.

Game 5: The Reds switched up their game plan, going all out attack, actually bringing one defenseman into the offensive zone to be a fourth forward while on the attack. It payed off as Eveleth took the game with a 3-0 victory.

Game 6: Eveleth looked to do exactly what they did in game 5 as it worked like a charm, but the Mavericks had learned. The Mavs exposed the flaws in this ultra attacking styhle of play, scoring two in the first period on the counter attack. They simply went into a defensive shell, diving in front of any shots, only allowing 17 shots while blocking 34 in the last two periods. Despite allowing one goal, the Mavericks held on to win their second straight Kellogg Cup!

HXSfHkv.png

2 minutes ago, Section30 said:

1936 Kellogg Cup Finals

Game 1: The Mavericks out shoot the Reds 34-20 and win the game 2-0.

Game 2: South St. Paul winger Terry Trkla nets a hat trick as the Mavericks win game 2, 3-1.

Game 3: The Mavericks continue to bury the Reds as they dominate them physically as well as on the score sheet, winning handily and taking a 3-0 series lead.

Game 4: With their backs to the wall, the Reds are able to squeeze out a W before heading back to South St. Paul.

Game 5: The Reds switched up their game plan, going all out attack, actually bringing one defenseman into the offensive zone to be a fourth forward while on the attack. It payed off as Eveleth took the game with a 3-0 victory.

Game 6: Eveleth looked to do exactly what they did in game 5 as it worked like a charm, but the Mavericks had learned. The Mavs exposed the flaws in this ultra attacking styhle of play, scoring two in the first period on the counter attack. They simply went into a defensive shell, diving in front of any shots, only allowing 17 shots while blocking 34 in the last two periods. Despite allowing one goal, the Mavericks held on to win their second straight Kellogg Cup!

HXSfHkv.png

Way to go, Mavs!

I wonder if some of the teams already have fight songs or victory songs.

3 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Way to go, Mavs!

I wonder if some of the teams already have fight songs or victory songs.

It's an interesting thought. If some of you guys have any ideas for songs or anything for the teams you support feel free to share them!

I eventually plan on some teams "adopting" well known songs either relating to the team name, where the team is, as a goal song, or just a story I make up for them.

How bad is Stillwater's financial situation right now?

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

How bad is Stillwater's financial situation right now?

Things aren't looking good. And after this last season finishing with only one win there are rumors swirling that the team may be on death row.

9 minutes ago, Section30 said:

Things aren't looking good. And after this last season finishing with only one win there are rumors swirling that the team may be on death row.

What would happen to the players if the team gets contracted? 

P.S. Also, have you thought about doing an All-Star game of some sorts? Like, Team Minnesota vs Everybody else or something? Just trying to think of ways to make two teams with "three" leagues.