Section30

Minnesota Amateur Hockey League - 1942-43 News

Well, it was unexpected seeing my Lakers in the finals, shame that they got swept. And since I'm a Cubs fan, I'm used to saying this: "There's always next year."

On 10/7/2018 at 5:12 PM, TargetToad said:

That's some fine broom work by Duluth. Is that the first Kellog Cup sweep?

It is actually the second sweep in Finals history, the first came way back in 1923 when the Millers swept the Broncos (Oh how things have changed since then). This is the first sweep in the finals since the league altered the playoffs to have a 7 game finals series however.

9 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Well, it was unexpected seeing my Lakers in the finals, shame that they got swept. And since I'm a Cubs fan, I'm used to saying this: "There's always next year."

It was a great run by Superior, who knows, maybe this could give them the spark to continue this level of play in the years to come.

Wasn't one of the IRL NHL finals like Florida vs Phoenix in 1997 or something (still not as weird as the Millers and Broncos actually being good once, especially for Cloquet)

6 minutes ago, TargetToad said:

Wasn't one of the IRL NHL finals like Florida vs Phoenix in 1997 or something (still not as weird as the Millers and Broncos actually being good once, especially for Cloquet)

It was the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals between the Colorado Avalanche (in their first season since moving from QC) and the Florida Panthers (in their third season period).

The Avs picked up the 4-0 sweep.