Hull.... or gatineau... olympiques new logo

sanq

Hopefully they'll get new jerseys.  The Sabres jerseys just seem to work all that well with them (I'm thinking it's because of those giant spikes on the front of the sleeves.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Jealousy?  Of Toronto? B'argh!  Dude, if you think the rest of Canada is jealous of Toronto then I'll take a double dose of whatever you're having...

Then why is the rest of Canada so dependent on knowing whether or not we care about them?   Does it mean that much to you?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Bitter, party of two, your table is ready....

What's with this trend towards amalgamated cities, anyway?  Toronto swallowing up Mississauga, Five cities combining to great Gatineau, etc...?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Bitter, party of two, your table is ready....

What's with this trend towards amalgamated cities, anyway?  Toronto swallowing up Mississauga, Five cities combining to great Gatineau, etc...?

Toronto never swallowed Mississauga, it swallowed Etobicoke, North York, East York, Scarborough, and a couple others... Mississauga is still it's own city

---

Chris Creamer

Really?  I knew it swallowed the rest of those up a few years ago, but I was told that earlier this year that Mississauga had been swallowed up, too.

It's probably for the best that it hasn't been, that'd make TO entirely too uber-huge.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Really?  I knew it swallowed the rest of those up a few years ago, but I was told that earlier this year that Mississauga had been swallowed up, too.

It's probably for the best that it hasn't been, that'd make TO entirely too uber-huge.

There was a story a little while back, like maybe 5 years or so ago that they were considering breaking apart from Ontario to form their own province that would stretch from Oshawa to Hamilton.  Apparently due to lack of funding to the major cities from the Ontario government.

---

Chris Creamer

Then why is the rest of Canada so dependent on knowing whether or not we care about them?   Does it mean that much to you?

Personally, I could really give a rip about whether Toronto cares about the rest of Canada.  I'm not "dependant" on knowing that Toronto cares.  I could care less.

I know that "central" Canada cares about us as they really like having our transfer payments to prop up provincial debt, etc.

all this sort of reminds me of the NorCal vs. SoCal thing.

In the hearts and minds of most SoCals the state of California revolves around them. However what they fail to acknowledge is that SoCal can not function without NorCal. Where does the majority of SoCal's natural resources come from? NorCal. Where is the state capital where political decisions are made in relation to SoCal? NorCal.

If any of you have ever been to SoCal, you would know this. Once you get out of the LA basin, most of SoCal is nothing but useless desert, and some trailer trash town that is the butt of most jokes in this state called Barstow. The air quality is poor throughout most of SoCal's urban areas as well. You come to NorCal, and you notice that everything here is green, the air is clean, and while we have traffic problems much like SoCal does, at least we have reliable mass transit systems to relieve some of that.

Bottom line, while SoCals love to bash on us NorCals, they forget that it is NorCal water that they are drinking, and the food they eat is grown, raised, and cultivated in NorCal.

So keep this in mind SoCal, run your mouth about NorCal all you want, but keep this in mind: all we have to do is turn off the faucet! then SoCal, you are SCREWED!! :D

Archived