NHL Alternates - Predictions and Wishlist (all teams posted)

OhioSportsMan61

About a year ago, I made a similar thread leading up to the NHL's major Adidas reveal....so I figured I would make a similar thread for concepts (predictions and wishlists) for the upcoming reveal of alternate uniforms. (here is a link to the old thread): 

A few weeks ago, an image was leaked showing that 19 teams will be donning new third unis this upcoming season. I'll be posting each concept in the order from the leaked Adidas catalogue...Here it is for reference:

8jBtf2g.jpg

First up....

Columbus Blue Jackets

Prediction:

7pSDAPV.png

It is rumored they will be bringing back their cannon jersey, which I am a big fan of. It's a nice change of pace from the simple piping, red/white/blue color scheme, and fits in nicely with the team's Union Army identity.

Wish List:

9Xk0GL8.png

While it is rumored that they will be at least bringing back that same color scheme, if they went a different way, I wouldn't be disappointed. I think it may be time for a light blue jersey base to be used.

C&C appreciated!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh, both of these jerseys look amazing! Why don't the Blue Jackets make one of these their primary?

I would say that the cream and silver bleed together a bit. Not a bad thing, just an observation.

The prediction might look better with the lighter blue for the shorts, but that's probably less likely.

I look forward to the other teams!

I was barely reading and saw the first jersey and was like "it looks great, always liked that uniform except the numbers" which you fixed. Forgot how you post two concepts for this thread and was like "WHOA" when I saw the wishlist one. Looks fantastic. 

Next up...

St. Louis Blues

Prediction:

9gxDghU.png

Their Winter Classic uni seemed to be a fan favorite, and it would make a lot of sense for them to bring that back as a full-time alternate

Wish List:

9G6AePx.png

If the Blues were to go in a different direction, I'd really like to see them bring back an all-navy alternate again

2LYbxnm.png

1 hour ago, Point1 said:

Awesome, your thread last year was my favourite of the summer. Better get Arizona and Carolina out quick.

Probably a little poor timing on my part, I think I'm going to start posting multiple teams at once so that all of them are posted by the draft  -  was definitely planning on starting this thread earlier, but a weeklong overseas vacation got in my way ?

2LYbxnm.png

Up next...

Vancouver Canucks

Prediction:

nCajaQZ.png

Pretty much a green version of their past alternate. It is rumored that the stick-in-rink logo will be making a return in some fashion.

Wish List:

6AUyzGM.png

Johnny Canuck! This is essentially a green version of their 40th anniversary jerseys, but I will say that it is real sharp.

Washington Capitals

Prediction:

8uBhrnw.png

I can't really see the Caps bringing anything but their red throwbacks back as an alternate 

Wish List:

aIIBVON.png

Not gonna lie, I really like the simplified word mark they used for the Stadium Series uniforms  -  most probably will want the Weagle to be the main crest, but I'll defer to the "caps" word mark here.

Colorado Avalanche

Prediction:

GJO342U.png

This just makes too much sense, right? I feel like the Avs and Reebok had the Adidas redesign in mind when they came out with their navy alts. So I think there's a 99% chance they go this route.

Wish List:

ODMU7Rh.png

A classic, powder blue jersey to go along with their maroon-heavy mountain striped jerseys. I think it fits in well with their current set, but also is different enough to be considered a strong third option.

C&C appreciated! I'll be posting two teams a day from here till the draft so that they all get posted before the reveal

2LYbxnm.png

38 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Xgouk5C.png

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh.  Well played.  

Washington's wish list looks amazing.  Both Canucks are good.  I actually like the prediction for Colorado more than your wish list.  The mix of the mountain hem, straight arm stripes, and rounded yoke just doesn't mesh for me.  The yoke is manageable, but i think it would look better if you just had the arm stripes angle upward to a single point, like the Mighty Ducks jerseys had.  Color scheme-wise, love it.  Only other suggestion is maybe swap the logos.

I love your wish list versions for Vancouver and Colorado. I’d be 100% on board if that’s what they went with.

Washington is nice, but the pedant in me still gets by annoyed by a team called the “CAPITALS” using a lowercase script.

Up next....

Arizona Coyotes

Prediction:

muxQVTJ.png

KACHINA!

Wish List:

G7TLSCt.png

A little more modern version of the Kachina jerseys, I think this would fit in well with their current primary set.

New Jersey Devils

Prediction:

dCM5qmT.png

I feel like the Devils always have a reason to bring this uniform back in some way. It'd make sense if they did as a full-time alt.

Wish List:

s82Hipb.png

Something new. A black jersey! It's simple, somewhat minimalist like the team's main uniforms, but definitely screams "THE DEVILS!!!"

C&C appreciated

2LYbxnm.png

1 hour ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Up next....

Arizona Coyotes

Prediction:

muxQVTJ.png

KACHINA!

Wish List:

G7TLSCt.png

A little more modern version of the Kachina jerseys, I think this would fit in well with their current primary set.

New Jersey Devils

Prediction:

dCM5qmT.png

I feel like the Devils always have a reason to bring this uniform back in some way. It'd make sense if they did as a full-time alt.

Wish List:

s82Hipb.png

Something new. A black jersey! It's simple, somewhat minimalist like the team's main uniforms, but definitely screams "THE DEVILS!!!"

C&C appreciated

As a Coyotes fan, I liked the Kachina jerseys, but never liked the Green, I like your Kachina-ey jerseys because they have the pattern on the Shoulder area. Nice Job

Big Baller Brand is successful

On 6/14/2018 at 5:46 AM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Up next...

Vancouver Canucks

Prediction:

nCajaQZ.png

Pretty much a green version of their past alternate. It is rumored that the stick-in-rink logo will be making a return in some fashion.

Wish List:

6AUyzGM.png

Johnny Canuck! This is essentially a green version of their 40th anniversary jerseys, but I will say that is real sharp.8uBhrnw.pngaIIBVON.pngGJO342U.pngODMU7Rh.png

If the Canucks decide to go with a green alternate, they need to go with the Utica Comets' classy template and not the cheap version that was used for the Johnny Canuck fashion jerseys. As for Johnny Canuck, it's high time to give the Canucks' namesake his due. Or, at least, use it as a shoulder patch instead of the Vachon Cakes-styled JC V-head.

qe1uibgg4r5esx9nf5w059g2yqcep6b_cf.jpg.d9da84421046a6110a6dc70a8a80b380.jpg

If the Stick In Rink is the primary alternate logo, the original version should be used but maintaining the white 'C' from the negative space between the green border and blue rink. The crooked stick ruins what could be a classic update. Also, the cheap Agency font needs to go. Time to bring back the traditional block font with the jersey secondary colour as bordering. 

20170329_123918.thumb.jpg.3ae831c721a4e04815182723f04e35c9.jpg

Archived