NHL Alternates - Predictions and Wishlist (all teams posted)

OhioSportsMan61

1 hour ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

^i feel like I’ve read that same exact post 20x in the NHL watch thread 

I can delete it if you like. ?

Your green Johnny Canuck concept is very nice by the way. However, I was pointing out what the Canucks need to do in order to have a good strong brand because their current brand is a mess, considering all the potential they have.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I can delete it if you like. ?

Your green Johnny Canuck concept is very nice by the way. However, I was pointing out what the Canucks need to do in order to have a good strong brand because their current brand is a mess, considering all the potential they have.

You’re good! I definitely agree with you that their current identity lacks cohesion, I’m really just looking for comments and criticism to what I’ve posted and not so much the current direction of the team in question. But I do appreciate your follow up post!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

3 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

You’re good! I definitely agree with you that their current identity lacks cohesion, I’m really just looking for comments and criticism to what I’ve posted and not so much the current direction of the team in question. But I do appreciate your follow up post!

Thanks! The "updated" original Stick In Rink was my work. Lol.

Actually, with your Johnny Canuck concept, I would stick with the blue helmet and add blue bordering to the block font. 

Up next...

Anaheim Ducks

Prediction:

8y6H5UJ.png

99.9% sure they'll be resurrecting the pre-Adidas orange alternate

Wish List:

HO0dfZt.png

While I do like the orange alternate, I feel like they're missing the boat by not blending together their current and past identities - which there could be countless color combinations

Calgary Flames

Prediction:

1pzmjXM.png

Much like the Devils, the Flames always seem to have a reason to pull out their throwbacks. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they brought them back again as full-time alternates.

Wish List:

t6hFdXE.png

A nice change of pace while incorporating elements from their past uniforms. I think darkening the shade of red closer to a maroon makes the yellow stand out even more.

2LYbxnm.png

Up next...

Philadelphia Flyers

Prediction:

DGuaUkF.png

It has been confirmed that the black Stadium Series jersey will be returning...

Wish List:

RROFd2a.png

I really liked the premise of their 50th anniversary unis last season. With some small changes, it could be a strong alternate for the Flyers.

Carolina Hurricanes

Prediction:

uA8Jang.jpg

osgaQxp.png

Here's what I think they'll unveil after seeing the teaser video earlier this week...

Wish List:

vg7Lj2E.png

Heavily influenced by the Whalers (http://nhluniforms.com/Whalers/Whalers5.html). The owner has said they want to pay homage to the original team, so I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens a little down the road.

2LYbxnm.png

Next up...

New York Islanders

Prediction:

5TX5ads.png

They're rumored to be bringing back the NY logo from their black unis, along with an orange base and blue yokes (although not sure if they'll go with their primary blue or navy)

Wish List:

Umw0IK5.png

Their Stadium Series jersey was a fan favorite, and I think it could be an excellent third with some slight alterations.

LA Kings

Wish List:

7Pz80aK.png

I think that Forum Blue will make its return...

Prediction:

7T386oC.png

Buttttt I definitely think the Kings need to be wearing a gray alternate to go along with their primaries. They've had a few different gray variations in the past, but this is a bit different while also honoring some uniform elements of the past. Also, I added a name plate....still don't understand why them and the Stars don't use one.

2LYbxnm.png

Up next...

Toronto Maple Leafs

Prediction:

fwgcnse.png

The Leafs have such a strong uniform history, and they seem to like to bring back past uniforms as alternates. Wouldn't be shocked - or opposed - if they bring back their Winter Classic unis.

Wish List:

Y6NL6gA.png

A modernized version of their Arenas jerseys

Edmonton Oilers

Prediction:

AJsH8Md.png

My guess is that they ditch the light blue unis once and for all and bring in an all-navy uniform to match their current set

Wish List:

6bq03xS.png

Blending a few different eras together

2LYbxnm.png

love the nod to the V on the johnny canuck jersey. I hope thats what you were going for on the sleeve. Every wishlist jersey is just awesome. My favorite has to be Arizona, but i love STL too

AND i missed the second page, Philly, NYI, Kings, Flames, ducks, all 15/10

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Next up...

Pittsburgh Penguins

Prediction:

tPwT2cR.png

A throwback that fits in with their current identity (http://nhluniforms.com/Penguins/Penguins11.html)

Wish List:

GeV1Kcz.png

Something a little newer but with a classic feel that fits in well with their other uniforms

San Jose Sharks

Prediction:

kxh7uEe.png

San Jose is rumored to be bringing back their throwback, the fin-circle logo, AND the new screaming shark logo....could they all be on one jersey?

Wish List:

vvY4cLq.png

A bit more modern, but still has that classic Sharks feel

BONUS!

8Uqxfsg.png

Tbh, I couldn't decide between a teal or black version of this, so you guys get a bonus concept :)

The final installment of this series will be posted tomorrow, just in time for the draft!

2LYbxnm.png

Considering its the Sharks, their alternate will probably have some orange for whatever reason...I would love to see them adopt that black jersey. Gorgeous uniform. 

With the addition of a matching white jersey, I would love to see the Sharks make your teal uniform the primary and the black an alt. With the added silver and relegation of orange, I think that would be a great look for San Jose. 

Last but certainly not least....

Winnipeg Jets

Prediction:

WYB2qtF.png

Basically an Adidas version of their Heritage/Throwbacks. If you take a look around their arena, you still see toooonnnnsss of these jerseys being worn. They're obviously a fan favorite and would probably bring in a ton of $$$ in new sales. Plus it's a pretty timeless look.

Wish List:

C7ldGEv.png

While I love the idea of a white alternate jersey for the Jets, I don't think it's super practical - which is why teams now where dark sweaters at home full-time. This is a nice fauxback to the WHA days.

The draft is tomorrow night, so I guess we should be expecting all of the alternates to be unveiled then?

2LYbxnm.png

Not meant to be a reflection of your design, but man does the half collar thing ruin some options. I could deal with the pentagon behind the NHL shield, but just let the stripes continue to the front/bottom half of the collars. 

Otherwise, both Jets jerseys are fan-freakin-tastic. 

So you're pretty much 1 for 2 so far with actual reveals. Pretty damn close with Carolina too. 

Looking at your coyotes ones again, the current logo really pops on a black jersey, and I've always liked when you do the Kachina jerseys in red. 

9 hours ago, B-mer said:

So you're pretty much 1 for 2 so far with actual reveals. Pretty damn close with Carolina too. 

Looking at your coyotes ones again, the current logo really pops on a black jersey, and I've always liked when you do the Kachina jerseys in red. 

2 for 3 if you count the Flyers :)

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/06/23/philadelphia-flyers-quietly-unveil-third-jersey/

2LYbxnm.png

On 6/18/2018 at 9:51 AM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Next up...

New York Islanders

Prediction:

5TX5ads.png

They're rumored to be bringing back the NY logo from their black unis, along with an orange base and blue yokes (although not sure if they'll go with their primary blue or navy)

Wish List:

Umw0IK5.png

Their Stadium Series jersey was a fan favorite, and I think it could be an excellent third with some slight alterations.

Never had been a fan of the Islander's "Classic" kits because something about the "NY" logo doesn't quite vibe with me with the colors they usually use, it seems too barren, but I really think you nailed both of these. 

spacer.png

Archived