Seattle Sounders Refresh (Updated 07-21: Jerseys)

vtgco

12 hours ago, vtgco said:

Wasn't quite sure what sort of "update" you were hoping for, but I changed the teal of the wordmark to blue to match the color scheme of the final logo.

I was just saying that you could try to update the wordmark to make it look a bit more clean & modern with a new font that fits well with the the logo. The one you showed in the first post feels very clearly of the 70s and 80s, to me. You could even maybe use the Sounders’ current font and have a more consistent “waves” going through it if that makes sense. You could also probably go with or without the soccer ball.

I can’t say enough how beautiful this logo is, though, it’s seriously one of my favorites I’ve seen on these boards. Something about it really appeals to me.

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I was just saying that you could try to update the wordmark to make it look a bit more clean & modern with a new font that fits well with the the logo. The one you showed in the first post feels very clearly of the 70s and 80s, to me. You could even maybe use the Sounders’ current font and have a more consistent “waves” going through it if that makes sense. You could also probably go with or without the soccer ball.

I can’t say enough how beautiful this logo is, though, it’s seriously one of my favorites I’ve seen on these boards. Something about it really appeals to me.

Yeah, I get what you mean about the 70s vibe of the wordmark.

It'd just be very hard to replace because, as a Sounders fan and logo enthusiast, I've grown attached to the retro branding. Hence, one of my goals for this project was to make a logo to fit with that wordmark.

I'm sure it'd be possible to update, though, so maybe I'll look into it at some point.

I'm glad to hear that you like my logo, though! I appreciate that a lot.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm back here after a while with jerseys! (I know, I bounce back and forth between projects. That seems to be my MO.)

concept_6_jerseys_page.jpg

I'm sure everyone knows this is @raysox's famous template, but I'd like to credit it as it was my motivation to start using Inkscape last year.

The green jersey has blue shorts for home games and green shorts for away games, in Sounders tradition. I used an emerald-like hexagon tessellation, and tried to make blue and green more equal in the color scheme.

The white jersey has teal shorts, with white shorts as an option (MLS loves mono-white away kits). I tried to add some flavor to the current, somewhat bland away, while maintaining the fauxback look.

I love the Sounders' 2016 third, so I wanted to have something similar. I combined it with this 1983 jersey, and changed the pinstripes into a pattern based on Seattle's (in)famous weather.

The tag for the blue jersey is the 1983 logo with the updated Space Needle.

concept_6_1983_fauxback_logo.jpg

C&C for the jerseys, as well as the secondaries is greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone who commented here for my first project on CCSLC!

• vtgco changed the title to Seattle Sounders Logo Refresh (Updated 07-21: Jerseys)

The home kit took my breath away ?

The third kit is also pretty fabulous.

The away kit is a bit plain but I see your fauxback attempt. Maybe a nice touch could be to ditch the two main blue and green waves and just have the sublimated white waves.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• vtgco changed the title to Seattle Sounders Refresh (Updated 07-21: Jerseys)

Archived