vtgco

Seattle Sounders Logo Refresh (Updated: Secondary Logos)

12 hours ago, vtgco said:

Wasn't quite sure what sort of "update" you were hoping for, but I changed the teal of the wordmark to blue to match the color scheme of the final logo.

I was just saying that you could try to update the wordmark to make it look a bit more clean & modern with a new font that fits well with the the logo. The one you showed in the first post feels very clearly of the 70s and 80s, to me. You could even maybe use the Sounders’ current font and have a more consistent “waves” going through it if that makes sense. You could also probably go with or without the soccer ball.

I can’t say enough how beautiful this logo is, though, it’s seriously one of my favorites I’ve seen on these boards. Something about it really appeals to me.

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I was just saying that you could try to update the wordmark to make it look a bit more clean & modern with a new font that fits well with the the logo. The one you showed in the first post feels very clearly of the 70s and 80s, to me. You could even maybe use the Sounders’ current font and have a more consistent “waves” going through it if that makes sense. You could also probably go with or without the soccer ball.

I can’t say enough how beautiful this logo is, though, it’s seriously one of my favorites I’ve seen on these boards. Something about it really appeals to me.

Yeah, I get what you mean about the 70s vibe of the wordmark.

It'd just be very hard to replace because, as a Sounders fan and logo enthusiast, I've grown attached to the retro branding. Hence, one of my goals for this project was to make a logo to fit with that wordmark.

I'm sure it'd be possible to update, though, so maybe I'll look into it at some point.

I'm glad to hear that you like my logo, though! I appreciate that a lot.

wow, if i hadn't read your intro i would've totally guessed that you've been doing this for a while. nice work, ive been a longtime lurker too, and also just got an account. i gotta step up my game now lol

The logos are beautiful. The customization on the primary logo for different events is really clever, too. Nice work, my man!