Capitals Tweak

ldconcepts

After watching Washington win the Cup this year, I warmed up to their identity,  but there's still a few things I would tweak. First off, I changed their primary logo to #ALLCAPS, something I think should have been done a while ago. I coloured one star in the logo blue, and added them to the sleeves, which I reversed to make it more visible and striking. I got rid of the blue side paneling and coloured the hems to match the sleeves.

Capitals+Tweak.png

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

19 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

After watching Washington win the Cup this year, I warmed up to their identity,  but there's still a few things I would tweak. First off, I changed their primary logo to #ALLCAPS, something I think should have been done a while ago. I coloured one star in the logo blue, and added them to the sleeves, which I reversed to make it more visible and striking. I got rid of the blue side paneling and coloured the hems to match the sleeves.

Capitals+Tweak.png

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Much better than the Reebok piping and side panels.  Not sure if I'm in the minority, but I like the Weagle as a shoulder patch and alt crest.  The all caps works 

The DC flag has 3 red stars, like their current logo.

This new version kind of sets that off a bit, especially on the red jersey. The sleeve stars could be either way.

It's a decent looking concept. Capital letters are the biggest fix, given it's their name after all.

4 minutes ago, dbofox said:

Not sure if I'm in the minority, but I like the Weagle as a shoulder patch and alt crest.

Not the minority.

I like it. Definently a solid change, but I would have the arm panels, or at least the piping extend to the collar. I get what you did by reversing what they have now, it just looks a little abrubt when it cuts off at the yoke. Updated logo looks great.

Archived