CFL to bid adieu to Adidas after this season (2018)

johnnysama

6 hours ago, paulwoods13 said:

There are rumours circulating among some Argo fans that the new owners, MLSE, are seriously considering a return to the boat logo (or perhaps some modern variation of it). It has been used on secondary merch for past couple of seasons. MLSE returned the Leafs to a variation of their "classic" 1960s logo so it seems possible they would go classic with the Argos as well. I've long advocated for the return of the boat but I've come to love the current look of the unis although I wish they would avoid using same colour for pants and upper socks (they sometimes do, sometimes don't). So either way, I'll probably be happy.

I'm with you 100% man. 

I think they could use the boat lol and keep the uniform the same though. I mean, just change the logo

Man, I really hope the boat comes back. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

I'm with you 100% man. 

I think they could use the boat lol and keep the uniform the same though. I mean, just change the logo

Man, I really hope the boat comes back. 

I honestly prefer the A logo, compared to the boat.

The argos look the best that they ever have right now, and the only change needed is to make that pant stripe go the whole way.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

5 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I honestly prefer the A logo, compared to the boat.

The argos look the best that they ever have right now, and the only change needed is to make that pant stripe go the whole way.

Exactly right.  The Argos look beautiful.

What's more, they and the Ti-Cats stand as great examples to throw in the faces of anyone who asserts that sleeve stripes cannot be done anymore.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Don't get me wrong, the Argos do look really good. Maybe the best they've looked since I was a kid.

I guess it's a bit of nostalgia but I still do like this version of the boat (they'd need to clean it up a bit of course) a lot. 

wt9k6hwtpy6f96ljm1u9c2s2e.gif

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Don't get me wrong, the Argos do look really good. Maybe the best they've looked since I was a kid.

I guess it's a bit of nostalgia but I still do like this version of the boat (they'd need to clean it up a bit of course) a lot. 

wt9k6hwtpy6f96ljm1u9c2s2e.gif

I honestly think the Argos might do well as a Bills type team.

Stick with what they have, because it looks fantastic but have throwback alts.

Fun fact, only Argos game I went to was with the boat logo throwback in 2013

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

My favorite Argos logo was the Boatman, and I'd like to see it return, as the shield sans said boatman loses a lot of context.

That said, a return to the football boat would be a good move.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

9 minutes ago, Stevenet said:

I'm just a random dude, but from what I have heard, it may be New Era taking over everything from A-Z for the CFL. 

Curious to know where you heard that? 

19 minutes ago, Stevenet said:

I'm just a random dude, but from what I have heard, it may be New Era taking over everything from A-Z for the CFL. 

Highly doubt it considering New Era makes only hats, and a few T-shirt designs. It would be a massive endeavor for them to add the production of football jerseys and gear, and all other memorbilia for return that is not that great.

2 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I wonder if fanatics would jump in. They have the resources and ability now.

?

On 6/19/2018 at 5:35 AM, paulwoods13 said:

There are rumours circulating among some Argo fans that the new owners, MLSE, are seriously considering a return to the boat logo (or perhaps some modern variation of it). It has been used on secondary merch for past couple of seasons. MLSE returned the Leafs to a variation of their "classic" 1960s logo so it seems possible they would go classic with the Argos as well. I've long advocated for the return of the boat but I've come to love the current look of the unis although I wish they would avoid using same colour for pants and upper socks (they sometimes do, sometimes don't). So either way, I'll probably be happy.

I was a fan of the boat in this alternate Argonauts logo. The word mark can certainly use work and I could see swapping out the maple leaf on the sail for an A. That said, I was always disappointed that this wasn't a more prevalent part of the Argos' "Boatman" identity package. 

Argossecondary.jpg

2 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

?

That's what I was saying. If they are as vertically integrated as they claim they can make/market/sell on demand which considerably lowers risk for both parties when dealing with an entity like the cfl.

I'd actually like to see Fanatics (as much as people on this board have an issue with them) make a shot for it. They clearly have the power to create uniforms and fan gear, my questions though is how well would the jerseys hold up? I haven't had any experience with the Fanatics NBA/NHL jerseys so I don't know how high/low quality they are.

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

I'd actually like to see Fanatics (as much as people on this board have an issue with them) make a shot for it. They clearly have the power to create uniforms and fan gear, my questions though is how well would the jerseys hold up? I haven't had any experience with the Fanatics NBA/NHL jerseys so I don't know how high/low quality they are.

I mean they wouldn't use retail product for on field. If they can't make on field product in house I'm sure they would just contract back to ripon (or comparable) which I believe is the current manufacturer and slap a fanatics label on it.

The biggest thing that sucks about fanatics product is their in house retail product design and quality wise. Additionally the worst thing about exclusive deals in all types of business is that quality always suffers. They have to make back that investment and there's no competition to put out quality product. It's really a double negative with them.

22 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Curious to know where you heard that? 

Just what I have hear from some people in the merchandise industry.  As far as I know it isn't set in stone, but it seems like it is heading that way.  Things can always change, though.

1 minute ago, DiePerske said:

I just hope this ends the idiotic practice of charging 120 for a blank jersey and 180 for a custom one

I'm afraid that will never change......unless the price goes up. 

On 6/22/2018 at 11:37 AM, DiePerske said:

I just hope this ends the idiotic practice of charging 120 for a blank jersey and 180 for a custom one

Seen the prices, agree wholeheartedly.  If there is one sight you see at CFL games that will always strike me as weird, it is fans wearing numberless jerseys unironically.

If I want a blank jersey, I'll visit Epic Sports.  And get one for a fraction of the price.  True, I'd have to do the customization myself...but the upside would be it's playtime :D 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived