CCSLC Board Technical Issues

This thread is being created to separate board tech issues with other board issues/questions that were posted in the Ask a Moderator thread.

As moderators don't have control over under-the-hood aspects of the board all board issues should be directed at @CC97

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Is there a change in ad policy? I'm getting a constant bottom of screen ad whether in phone or PC?

I'm also seeing an ad within the posts, always following the first post of a page.

Same here started yesterday...

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Is there a change in ad policy? I'm getting a constant bottom of screen ad whether in phone or PC?

I'm also seeing an ad within the posts, always following the first post of a page.

been getting this too, also having a hell of a time with pop up ads and ads redirecting me to a different page. i typically only use my phone

2 minutes ago, jn8 said:

been getting this too, also having a hell of a time with pop up ads and ads redirecting me to a different page. i typically only use my phone

Is the redirect something that purports to be an Amazon thing with a spinning wheel?

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

I am having the same issues on mobile, and pop ups, and redirects everywhere. It's virtually unusable.

And I am also getting the same Amazon spinning wheel hijack thingy...

• Like 1

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

The ad bar that shows up on the bottom of both mobile versions (iPhone, iPad) often pops up in front of contact, or right over a reply button you’re about to hit, and is often just blank and very distracting.  Clicking the x to dismiss it just makes it docked rather than in a floating gray bar. 

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, Frylock said:

I am having the same issues on mobile, and pop ups, and redirects everywhere. It's virtually unusable.

And I am also getting the same Amazon spinning wheel hijack thingy...

I thought I was the only one, it’s really annoying.

Excellent!

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The ad bar that shows up on the bottom of both mobile versions (iPhone, iPad) often pops up in front of contact, or right over a reply button you’re about to hit, and is often just blank and very distracting.  Clicking the x to dismiss it just makes it docked rather than in a floating gray bar. 

Yeah, I understand the need for revenue, and want the site to stay afloat, but jumping Jehosaphat, that bottom ad bar is a pain.  I've actually found myself logging off the site because I don't want to deal with it.  Hopefully, I'll get used to it.

You should definitely not be seeing the Amazon spinning ad; this was not an advertisement that we put on the site, nor should you ever see any popup ads or redirects. Our old ad network was constantly getting hijacked (as you saw with those popups, etc.) so we bailed on them and signed up with these new guys.  If you keep seeing these, screencap it and remember where you were on the site when it happened, then post it to here.

The new ad network does add the floating ad on the bottom of the screen.

• Like 1

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

On 6/22/2018 at 9:22 PM, CC97 said:

You should definitely not be seeing the Amazon spinning ad; this was not an advertisement that we put on the site, nor should you ever see any popup ads or redirects. Our old ad network was constantly getting hijacked (as you saw with those popups, etc.) so we bailed on them and signed up with these new guys.  If you keep seeing these, screencap it and remember where you were on the site when it happened, then post it to here.

The new ad network does add the floating ad on the bottom of the screen.

That Amazon ad just hijacked my browser on mobile just now, I was in the star wars thread in The Lounge.  Can provide screenshot if needed. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.