CCSLC Board Technical Issues

Im not getting the Amazon popup page, but on mobile and desktop the new ad package is very overwelming.  I am fine with the banner at the top and on the sidebar of the forums, but the damn popup one that shows at the bottom of my browser every time in switch pages is getting a little annoying.  Is there another option we can consider?

I find once i click the "X" on the bottom pop up it leaves until i navigate away from the boards. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

41 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

I find once i click the "X" on the bottom pop up it leaves until i navigate away from the boards. 

Not me.  It seems to come and go, and comes at really annoying times.  Also, the "x" is so small that when in phone, I often fat-finger it and either click the ad or whatever is partially covered up behind it.

I noticed the same ad on the UniWatch site, so obviously it's not unique to this site, and I'm sure I'll get used to it, but hover / pop-up ads are bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Not me.  It seems to come and go, and comes at really annoying times.  Also, the "x" is so small that when in phone, I often fat-finger it and either click the ad or whatever is partially covered up behind it.

I noticed the same ad on the UniWatch site, so obviously it's not unique to this site, and I'm sure I'll get used to it, but hover / pop-up ads are bad.

I'm on my laptop, maybe that's the difference? 

Either way, very weird that it's inconsistent......and I hear you on "fat finger syndrome" lol.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

39 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

@mr.negative15 it works like that in desktop version, but @BringBackTheVet is right my main issue is with the mobile platforms (ipad for me)

• Like 1

To clarify, I wasn't complaining, just comparing. 

That said, yes, I would pay for that. If there was a "CCSLC premium" or something to that effect. 

57 minutes ago, CC97 said:

Would some members consider paying an annual fee in exchange for an ad-free experience? Like the option you'd see on an app or something

The ads aren't that bad, and I think everyone understands the need for them.  That being said, yes I'd most likely do it (depending on the price of course) more because I feel like I spend so much time here that I should pay, but a small perk like that would probably seal the deal.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

32 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

To clarify, I wasn't complaining, just comparing. 

That said, yes, I would pay for that. If there was a "CCSLC premium" or something to that effect. 

Agreed with this post entirely....

1 hour ago, CC97 said:

Would some members consider paying an annual fee in exchange for an ad-free experience? Like the option you'd see on an app or something

Would you get perks? One Chris Creamer appearance at CreamerCon ??

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

I was thinking a free t-shirt.

I’m NOT wearing a shirt that says “Chris Creamer”. Luv ya bro, but... well, you know. 

Now tell me more about this tote bag...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CC97 said:

Kinda defeats the purpose from my point of view

Oh totally agree, but just being funny!! I do appreciate the boards being free to use and the ads don't really bother me.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.