LMU

CCSLC Board Technical Issues

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

Wow - how were you NOT getting them before now?

I got it when I logged on for the day on the first page I was on. 

I would click the "X" and that would be it until I logged out for the day. 

But to answer your question; I donno. Just lucky I guess. 

6 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

I got it when I logged on for the day on the first page I was on. 

I would click the "X" and that would be it until I logged out for the day. 

But to answer your question; I donno. Just lucky I guess. 

I often click on the wrong thing because of how it seems to make the screen jump a bit as it comes and goes.  It's more annoying than the big ad that separates the first topic from the rest.

I agree.  I know it's a sign that I really need to get a life, but I swear that bottom of the page pop-up feels like the most annoying thing in my life right now. I keep thinking it's done, try to X off it, and miss, ending up God knows where.

I am logged into the site from a computer that I am using at a hotel.  For some reason, the IE browser is acting glitchy, and is not letting me sign out.

IE is also not letting me post.  By contrast, Firefox is acting just fine.  I am posting this on Firefox.

Even when I close the IE browser, I remain logged into the board when I open it up again. Clicking on the arrow next to my name does nothing; I cannot bring up the option to sign out.  So I wonder if you could somehow see the login from IE, and cut it off.  (I guess it is not likely that someone else will sit down at this computer and go to the boards.  But, still, I'd like to sign out and not allow anyone to post as me.)

EDIT: Never mind; the problem seems to have been solved.  (Dang, if I had known that I had one wish, I wouldn't have wasted it on this!)

I posted earlier in this thread about how to stop following every thread I posted in, It's started again for me, even though I've turned it off in my settings. I've tried turning the option on and off again, but It's still making me follow all these threads. Any ideas on how to stop it for good?

For some reason I can't sign in to these forums on desktop computers with my Twitter login. I can only do it through my phone. I've tried two browsers. The message I get says "something went wrong, please try again".  Any ideas?

There's these ads, the large transparent rectangular box with the little x in the corner, now they always appear at the bottom of the screen, everytime I visit the site. Is their any way to remove them completely? Everytime I click the x, they always come back.

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

There's these ads, the large transparent rectangular box with the little x in the corner, now they always appear at the bottom of the screen, everytime I visit the site. Is their any way to remove them completely? Everytime I click the x, they always come back.

I love when they pop up on top of the "post" button and clicking the x doesn't work the first few times, so you either need to wait, or abort (which I shoudl probably do anyway), or when one pops up and the page shifts, so you end up accidentally "following" a topic because you were about to click something else.