Colleges In Need For A Logo Rebrand

graydon

My alma mater Sacramento state could use an update. I like the weird S logo, but we need a solid second and third logo. They recently brought back the old “mosquito” logo, which is a D+ at best, and if you’re being generous. But, this is a DI school that still plays in a glorified middle school gym for basketball, so, I’m not holding my breath. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/17/2018 at 2:31 AM, MBurmy said:

How THIS monstrosity has lasted at least 17 years so far is beyond me...

oi5inigc39oafmcd7f3fb7bhf.gif

I used to see this logo around campus for the softball team - not great, but an improvement:

Niagara-University-Sydnee-Wheeler.gif

There is so much potential for a unique logo that incorporates the Falls... I definitely intend to take a crack at a new NU logo this summer and might even reach out to the school - way too big a program to look that amateur.

On 6/16/2018 at 4:07 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Think a lot of Division 2 schools could use a new logo. Two immediately come to mind though.

First Bowie State out of Maryland. That's one of the many generic bulldog logos out there. BSU just put a script B on the collar.

full-color-2.png

Secondly, Pittsburg State in Kansas. Seems like there's a lot of potential in a gorilla logo. There's could be better.

Pittsburg-State-University.jpg

Now I'm just sad that my college mascot wasn't a gorilla. I actually like the logo. After looking at some of their merchandise, I do think that they should change the shape from a rectangle to the shape of a gorilla head. 

On 6/16/2018 at 10:36 PM, kroywen said:

My alma mater, Fordham University, desperately needs a rebrand. They rolled out this logo back when I was there, in 2008 or so, and we all lampooned it as the "fat ram" at the time.

10353500-fordham-university-rams-logo.jp

1200px-Fordham_Rams_logo.svg.png

Way, way too many outlines on that wordmark and on the "F." What a mess. I hated it at the time, and it hasn't aged any better.

I actually kind of like the F with the ram head.  I see what you mean about too many outlines, but I don't think it's bad.  I went to VCU, and am not a fan of their rebrand from a couple years ago.  That's one I can't wait to get replaced - it's definitely the worst of the three Rams in the A10.

20 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Good justification, but it doesn’t make it any better of a logo! The black (?) adds nothing but muck. The font looks awful. Some disease that turns your hand gold has gotten the guy. And how the heck is his arm in that position. 

I agree, the logo is trash, and I'm not a fan of the whole identity.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Archived