Blandest Uniforms in Modern History

Bruins

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would argue that a lot of these uniforms are simple and clean, not bland. The Blue and white Padres uniform-probably bland is a good word to describe it, especially considering some of the other color combos from the past they could work with. Same goes for that Canucks uniform and the Rays, boring and bland.

I'll never get the hate for the wine and gold Cavs uniforms. The colors are bright and the design is classic. I hardly see how it's bland

I dislike the recent trend of NCAAF teams going all-white or all-gray, and it's usually just a stark white uniform with little detail.  Oregon does this a bunch, too, but I've come to expect terrible design out of Autzen.

Exceptions exist for teams like Penn State or Texas who have rocked the all-whites for decades.  But I really hate the rash of teams going all white for the heck of it.  It's like Black For Black's Sake.  We're in this weird WFWS and GFGS place now.

For example, Colorado (two uniforms on the left)

Colorado-new-uniforms2015.jpg?itok=ZNxm9

Those all gray and all white road sets are vastly inferior to their normal road look:

20140927_102101_sefo-liufau.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Seems like the line between "clean" and "bland" is hard to locate.

I feel like the line is determined by oversimplicity, typography, and the quality/uniqueness of prior looks.

That's why I think the Rays, Padres, and Jaguars fail so hard. We KNOW they can do better because we've all seen it, but yet they trot out looks that wouldn't be out of place in a menu of generic create-a-team templates.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

2 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

The fact of the matter is, CU shouldn’t even think about using gray...

Our official school colors are Gold and Silver. The silver helmet and reflective silver number outlines totally fit with our scheme. The grey jersey and pants don't fit as well but I'm fine with them for a one or two game alternate look. The GGG look shouldn't happen though.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Simple?  Sure.  Bland?  No.  Never should have got rid of this set.

just prefer the throwback wordmark which the cavs use as their alt that season, and i think the navy alt is better...maybe I should post this in unpopular opinion lol?

Even though the Dallas Cowboys had the "classic" designed unis since the late 60s with some tweaks here and there, this is still the fact that their unis are the lamest in pro sports history.  Ahem, referring to the white jerseys and seasick blue/green pants.  More tolerable if they quit wearing them at home constantly, but for now they are by far #1 on my list.

Image result for dallas cowboys

The vast majority of black-out, gray-out, and white-out uniforms afflicting college football fall into this category. Pianoknight pointed out the Colorado ones, but there are so many others.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

5 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Even though the Dallas Cowboys had the "classic" designed unis since the late 60s with some tweaks here and there, this is still the fact that their unis are the lamest in pro sports history.  Ahem, referring to the white jerseys and seasick blue/green pants.  More tolerable if they quit wearing them at home constantly, but for now they are by far #1 on my list.

This is even more frustrating because it would be so easy to fix and make this a truly excellent look. All they need to do is standardize the blue, standardize the silver, and coordinate the sleeve stripes with the Braisher stripes on the helmet and pants. That would be a top-5 look in the league.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Those all gray and all white road sets are vastly inferior to their normal road look:

20140927_102101_sefo-liufau.jpg

Unfortunately this look is gone too, they took the sleeve stripes off a couple years back. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

These don't feel bland to me, just a bit mismatched. But it's been worn for so long that it's easy to look past the pants. 

2 hours ago, dbakes4 said:

These were Purdue's previous uniform set. I was always disappointed with the lack of gold on the away uniforms.

455404790.jpg.0.jpg

Purdue's best look was the Alstott/Brees era uniforms. The main issue I have with their current look is the oversized numbers. If this unifom had gold outlines on the numbers it would have looked a little better. To me bland is more like Penn State and Alabama. If you can go in to a sports shop, have them put a simple block number on a shirt and it looks like you can roll out on the fiels as a player, it's pretty bland. 

Image result for penn state football fans

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived