Blandest Uniforms in Modern History

Bruins

5 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

And yet both of these descriptions are exactly why I consider

...to be such a boring look: the Leafs had design elements that were part of their signature look...

leafs.jpg

...but then they replaced them with a generic, cut-paste "create-a-team" template.

The Leafs would look so much better if you put the new logo on these uniforms.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Would these qualify as bland?  They're certainly empty looking but the piping and half-stripes just might push them from bland territory to retina searingly awful.

T6N2qUt.jpg

These are just bland. To me “retina searingly ugly” is something garish and eye catching in the wrong way, like the wild wing or Flying V jerseys. These are just boring with a really stupid pattern.

8 hours ago, eRay said:

Taking "Bland" to mean 'devoid of strong or unique characteristics and therefore uninteresting'...

I'd say the most recent Phoenix Suns uniforms qualify, despite their unique color scheme. They just feel lifeless compared to the rest of their history.

636589980536785059-7.jpg

considering what their uniforms were before Nike took over, I'd agree with you for these being bland. It's such a generic NBA-Create-A-Team look.

5 hours ago, Morgo said:

Would these qualify as bland?  They're certainly empty looking but the piping and half-stripes just might push them from bland territory to retina searingly awful.

T6N2qUt.jpg

I'd argue ugly.

This is bland.

fa9b_1_sbol_24f9e116-0569-44b3-a4a0-8886

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.footballfanatics

Besides the shade of green there is nothing interesting about these at all. If they were red or blue or black they wouldn't get nearly the amount of love they do now. And the logo looks straight out of Create-A-Team.

If these were red, had an extra black and white stripe on the hem, and the chain-stitched profile of a great chief on the front, they’d get much, much more love!

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

More so than any one team, I dislike the trend of downplaying secondary colors in baseball on road jerseys to the point that they're practically invisible on TV. Some examples: 

carlos-correa-yasiel-puig-bat-flip.jpg

indians-white-sox-baseball-35909-jpg.

Evan-Longoria.jpg

These are teams with good home and/or alt jerseys (yeah, I like the Rays' look) but the life is sucked right out of them on the road. 

10 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.footballfanatics

Besides the shade of green there is nothing interesting about these at all. If they were red or blue or black they wouldn't get nearly the amount of love they do now. And the logo looks straight out of Create-A-Team.

That look is amazing in comparison to what they were using before:

reebok-hockey-jersey-edge-replica-dallas

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived