anonymous.

The American Soccer Association

Our story begins in 1997, when some 20 guys in Milwaukee decide that they're tired of plain old American Football and decide to create Brew City SC. They tour around the country playing other amateur teams, until eventually, in 2001 they create the American Soccer Association. Among the teams are:

• Brew City SC
  • Chicago Stars
  • Toronto Englishmen
  • Empire SC
  • San Antonio Alamo
  • Los Angeles Saints

Anyways, I'm going to post Brew City SC first, so here it goes:

BADGE

jTqII1m.png

KIT 1 (HOME)

KoKy373.png

KIT 2 (AWAY)

cJBRwjF.png

THE STORY BEHIND THE KITS

Anthony Morretti, the founder of the club, had a fondness for minimalism. This translates pretty clearly onto the kits, which are some of the most conservative in the league. 

KEY PLAYER

19 year-old Micheal Weber is one of the best players in the world, and has often drawn offers from top European clubs. However, he has always opted to stay with his hometown team Brew City SC. He will probably have the biggest impact on this season for all clubs, not just Brew City.

FINAL RATING: 9.45

C&C appreciated, will be posting San Antonio next

Welp, here's San Antonio:

BADGE

0YRF1hI.png

KIT 1 (HOME)

qPwDsiQ.png

KIT 2 (AWAY)

nFO4LcC.png

STORY BEHIND THE KITS

It just looks good.

KEY PLAYER

22 year-old Jakub Williams was a phenom in the Polish leagues, scoring 32 goals in one season. The Alamo signed Williams in hopes of competing in their new league, after an abysmal 11 year stretch in the Texan Amateur Soccer League where they went 32-96

FINAL RATING: 5.45

IMO, I think that the kits are way better than the logo, but I don't know what anyone else thinks

Alright, Chicago:

PRIMARY BADGE

Otk71af.png

SECONDARY BADGE

OmiS8Rr.png

KIT 1 (HOME)

wNjc8Ta.png

KIT 2 (AWAY)

7JQTpfb.png

STORY BEHIND THE KITS

Kit 1 for the Stars is a classic kit, with the only change ever coming when they added their sponsor's logo to the front to comply with ASA rules. Kit 2 was introduced to comply with ASA rules, and was inspired by the Chicago flag and Kit 1.

KEY PLAYER

25 year-old Anthony White led Notre Dame to a national championship in 1995 and 1996. He was taken by both the Bay Bridgers of Pacific Soccer League and the Chicago Stars of the Midwestern Soccer Association. White chose to sign with his hometown team, and they have enjoyed considerable succes ever since.

FINAL RATING: 7.20

Will be posting Miami next

Nice series so far. I’m also a big fan of a minimalist logo. It’s my belief that a good logo gets its point across without relying too much on fancy titles or details you wouldn’t even see on a player. The Stars, for instance... As simple as its badge is, there’s no mistaking that this is Chicago's team. I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Does Brew City play at County Stadium or do you have a fictional stadium lined up for them?