NBA | Indiana Pacers Rebrand | Update: NIKE Uniform Set

Go Red Sox!

On Monday, July 09, 2018 at 3:45 AM, Pengin. said:

Fantastic and clean concept. Love the identity. Definitely goes back to their roots

Thank you, Pengin. Much appreciated!

A complete set of five Nike uniforms (Association, Icon, Statement, City, Throwback) will be posted next week.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I like that alternate court way more than I should. That skyline roundell works perfectly for center court, and i’ve always loved gray and yellow together (it was one of my favorite combos the Ducks would wear). 

Great looking brand and amazing presentation!  Excited for the unis! 

On 7/11/2018 at 1:23 AM, Vitalogy26 said:

I like that alternate court way more than I should. That skyline roundell works perfectly for center court, and i’ve always loved gray and yellow together (it was one of my favorite combos the Ducks would wear). 

Great looking brand and amazing presentation!  Excited for the unis! 

On 7/11/2018 at 5:29 PM, Point1 said:

The alternate roundel is my favourite part of the logo set by far. Great stuff.

I don't love the basketball in the primary logo; I think the checkers and different colours are throwing it off a bit. 

Thanks a lot, guys.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I wanna expand on my previous comments.

First thing first, fantastic presentation. Love the checkered flag pattern element as the main theme of getting the Pacers back on to their roots. Everything looks professionally laid out.

Second thing, I love how all the logos and wordmarks fit this identity. Nothing seems like an outlier and the entire package looks like it should be apart of the team's identity. Personally, I really dislike the roundel logo trend in the NBA. It's pretty lazy and more and more teams are following that trend. But, you managed take that trend and make it specific to the Pacers. That's being creative right there.

I think using the checkered flag pattern is great when used sparingly. I think the alternative roundel logo is the best use of the pattern. The alternative "P" logo is a great modern take on their previous "P" logo but I think the use of the checkered pattern here makes it hard to see the other elements of the logo.

I love the court. My only suggestion is to maybe take a page from the Celtics with their flooring design to incorporate the checkered element, unless you want to use the pattern sparingly.

All and all a great presentation and a great design. Fantastic work. Despite my criticism, I don't think you should tweak any of your work. I hope you can take what you learned to your next designs! Can't wait to see your uniforms!

To be honest, I was working on a personal set for this rebrand myself waiting for this release... this definitely top it! Once again, fantastic work man! I especially like the way you took elements of past uniforms, and implemented them with your own unique, “outside the box” twist, without cluttering up the uniforms. 

My only change, would be keeping the city design and making the colors that of the statement uniform, while making the colors of the statement uniform match the alternate court. That or:

icon- yellow colors

statement- alternate court colors 

city- blue colors

EDIT: Also, I would flip the checkered and the logo on the shorts so that the checkered is on the same side as the jersey and the motion lines are correct.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Archived