SportsLogos.Net News

Memphis Grizzlies Appear to be Tweaking Logos

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Conrad. said:

DgOkqS6U8AAvE-1.jpg

 

The bear claw forming a loose M over the basketball is a nice touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The colors look a bit muddled on the face now that they got rid of the lightest shade of blue. They could’ve kept the three shades of blue on the logo and just used a simplified palette of two shades on jerseys, etc...

I am a fan of the bear claws forming and M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have at least switched back to brown, teal and red. I don't really see how grey improves their current color scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still miss the teal, red, black, and brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lee Noire said:

I still miss the teal, red, black, and brown.

 

lol you mean teal, blood, black, and poo? Wait this isn't working help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official version of the Global Logo + my coloration of the alternate logo, based on the pics of the draft hat:

 

DgZc_hwVMAIS4TF.jpgDgZE3tAU8AAuSIe.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Official version of the Global Logo + my coloration of the alternate logo, based on the pics of the draft hat:

 

DgZc_hwVMAIS4TF.jpgDgZE3tAU8AAuSIe.jpg

Grey doesn't compliment well with this identity. Either red, Brown, or light blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Grey doesn't compliment well with this identity. Either red, Brown, or light blue.

Agreed, grey is unnecessary. Reminds me of the Titans adding it for no reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the addition of grey really muddles the look. It's like they wanna take over both the Pacers & Nuggets prior identities while still being the Grizzlies in a sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 6:27 PM, the admiral said:

One more time for the world: Memphis's colors should be brown and columbia

 

I flip-flop between brown/powder blue and brown/turquoise/metallic gold for them. I do kind of like them to have a bit of an Ancient Egypt (as filtered through a sports team) vibe.

 

This new tweak just looks muddy on the primary. The alternate is decent enough, while the new font is an upgrade. It’s still uninspired, and doesn’t bring much to a somewhat overused color scheme/very average logo set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assume new uniforms are coming at some point? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This change is so s..t like their last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I flip-flop between brown/powder blue and brown/turquoise/metallic gold for them. I do kind of like them to have a bit of an Ancient Egypt (as filtered through a sports team) vibe.

 

I'm not sure if I like connecting the Grizzlies with the Memphis of ancient Egypt when there's so much you can do with the actual Memphis right there. Though I think I would like it if it meant the Memphis Grizzlies all became hoteps. Did you know James Naismith was actually black? The history books won't say it, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Yeah, the addition of grey really muddles the look. It's like they wanna take over both the Pacers & Nuggets prior identities while still being the Grizzlies in a sense. 

I hope this whole gray fad a lot of the league is going through right now dies off soon. Teams using ugly gray jerseys like the Pistons, Celtics, and Wolves come to mind as particularly egregious offenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 1:17 AM, Shadojoker said:

Grey doesn't compliment well with this identity. Either red, Brown, or light blue.

It looks like you used the old smokey blue (or whatever it was called) on the paw logo instead of the other blue. I thought they were phasing out the lighter blue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 9:14 AM, GFB said:

The bear claw forming a loose M over the basketball is a nice touch.

 

I think that’s a stretch. Unintended at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

I think that’s a stretch. Unintended at best. 

 

It’s understated, sure, but that doesn’t necessarily signify a lack of intention. Honestly, it was the very first thing I noticed about the logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

I think that’s a stretch. Unintended at best. 

 

Normally, I would agree, but I also don’t believe they’d change the orientation of a mark they’ve used for twenty years “just because.” The only formal difference to point to is the natural symmetry of the claws in the new one, so I think there’s something to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 8:48 AM, the admiral said:

 

I'm not sure if I like connecting the Grizzlies with the Memphis of ancient Egypt when there's so much you can do with the actual Memphis right there. Though I think I would like it if it meant the Memphis Grizzlies all became hoteps. Did you know James Naismith was actually black? The history books won't say it, though.

58MW31t.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Normally, I would agree, but I also don’t believe they’d change the orientation of a mark they’ve used for twenty years “just because.” The only formal difference to point to is the natural symmetry of the claws in the new one, so I think there’s something to it.

 

Yeah, I'm still not buying it. 

 

Had they shaded the rightmost claw, then maybe.  But as it is, the M is too muddled to work as a conscious choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now