NBA 2018-19: Traded Players, Free Agents & Rookies

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dont care said:

Who wore 23 for the lakers before LeBron that it matters?

The most notable player is Cedric Ceballos who played for the Lakers from 1994 to 1997.

cedric-ceballos-lakers.jpg

I do know Gary Payton II wore 23 last season and Mitch Richmond wore it back in 2001. My problem is that 23 is right next to 22 and 24, two other Lakers greats and it just feels weird if he comes in wearing MJ's number and creates his own Laker Legacy with that number. 23 for the Lakers just seems really weird, infact, 23 for any NBA team not the Bulls or Wizards is weird. Don't get me wrong, nothing is preventing him from wearing that number but I personally would rather he wear a different number. I guess you could count me as one of those people who think 23 should be retired league wide.

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I don't really want him to wear 23 or 6 either. He can't wear his middle school number of 32 either for obvious reasons. He wore 9 when he played Football so maybe that works? I have no idea. As a Lakers fan this is really surreal. I can't react to this signing properly.

Please not 9. The number 9 on the Lakers’ font is horrendous. 

luol-deng-lakers-rocky-widner-getty-imag

EDIT: Didn’t see the above post, but I’m completely fine with LeBron wearing his #23. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Refresh my memory... why did LeBron even wear the number six in Miami?

Miami retired 23 for Jordan, despite never playing for the franchise 

I believe 6 was chosen because on of his kids was born October(?) 6 and the other in June, the 6th month. During his second stint in Cleveland he wore 6 on his practice jersey

He never should have worn 23 in the first place. I don't think it needs to be retired leaguewide, but if you're coming into the league with as much hype as LeBron did, pick a new number.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

He never should have worn 23 in the first place. I don't think it needs to be retired leaguewide, but if you're coming into the league with as much hype as LeBron did, pick a new number.

There's a whole generation that associates 23 with LeBron before anyone else

4 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

I believe 6 was chosen because on of his kids was born October(?) 6 and the other in June, the 6th month. During his second stint in Cleveland he wore 6 on his practice jersey

Why did he wear 6 on his practice jersey anyways? Seems weird.

bSLCtu2.png

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

So 2 people who don’t matter, got ya

http://www.hoophall.com/hall-of-famers/mitch-richmond/

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Jordan himself:

s1x3lwdsjinz.jpg

I now have the overwhelming urge to get a Jordan #23 Showtime Lakers jersey.

I'd have this card in my pocket and watch people's heads explode when they put 2 and 2 together.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

15 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

He was also a fan of Dr. J and he'd worn #6 in his Team USA appearances after 2004.

Archived