Carolina Hurricanes Unveil New Black Third Uniform

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

Looks like it's rippling in the wind and part of it folded over itself.

If it were rippling in the wind, the whole image on the right side should be shifted up or down. The right side of the flag seems to line up almost exactly with the left side, and the bottom of the black square seems to continue on, uninterrupted. The bottom right of the flag could be shifted down, but there's no way the top is shifted down the same amount that the black in the middle of the flag is (or isn't, on the bottom). The black square just has a chunk missing for no reason.

Carolina-Hurricanes-New-Third-Jersey-NHL

waving+flag+3+001-001.jpg

A very 'loud' logo on a very muted colour palette. I like the direction of this jersey but the cohesion just isn't there. 

Two tweaks I would have liked:

1) Ditch the white logo outline. Logo would have faded more into the jersey but that would fit better with the 'ghosted'/storm theme of the uniform

2) Keep white outline, make shoulders red instead of grey, add some white trim.

On 6/23/2018 at 6:24 PM, Cosmic said:

If it were rippling in the wind, the whole image on the right side should be shifted up or down. The right side of the flag seems to line up almost exactly with the left side, and the bottom of the black square seems to continue on, uninterrupted. The bottom right of the flag could be shifted down, but there's no way the top is shifted down the same amount that the black in the middle of the flag is (or isn't, on the bottom). The black square just has a chunk missing for no reason.

So it's not perfect, fair enough.  I still think the positives outweigh the negatives and I'm just happy to see their old alternate logo back with the correct flag configuration.

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

I mean, the reason is clearly the ripple effect. The effect was simply not executed well.

That was kinda my point.

1 hour ago, jdavidev said:

The Double-flag C from the helmet wordmark might be a better logo than double-flag on a hockey stick.  maybe if they worked on it more to make it less like Cleveland block C...

Here's a thought... put the double flag inside the C. Bonus points if the negative space between the flags and the C creates an H. 

*Yes, I'm aware than an H inside a C would be encroaching on Canadiens territory, but with a vertical block C I could see it being different enough.

4 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Here's a thought... put the double flag inside the C. Bonus points if the negative space between the flags and the C creates an H. 

*Yes, I'm aware than an H inside a C would be encroaching on Canadiens territory, but with a vertical block C I could see it being different enough.

something like this?

124.png

1 minute ago, Francis10 said:

The negative space between the flags actually does (by intent) create an outline of North Carolina.

Doesn't fix the glaring problems with the jersey, but it does make the geometry of the flags make a bit more sense.

The fact that I've been looking at that jersey since they released it, knowing there was an outline of NC in it, but being unable to find it until you mentioned it?  Definitely is a minus for me.

I like any jersey the team puts out that doesn't feature that tired hurricane puck, swirling lozenge, or whatever else you want to call it but just reminds me of how this team's been swirling down a drain for the past decade.  If Dundon wants to make some real change though, he'll order an altogether new identity package rather than just a single jersey, and call the team the Raleigh Hurricanes rather than the bland, generic, we could be located anywhere in two states "Carolina."

nav-logo.png

4 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

The fact that I've been looking at that jersey since they released it, knowing there was an outline of NC in it, but being unable to find it until you mentioned it?  Definitely is a minus for me.

Really?  That was the first thing I noticed, even before it was pointed out.

4 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

I like any jersey the team puts out that doesn't feature that tired hurricane puck, swirling lozenge, or whatever else you want to call it 

Amen.

Such an awkward logo shape. A solid "meh" 

The heathered striping seems like they looked at the pattern in Vegas' gold stripes an thought they had to do something like that but didn't have any great ideas.  Striping would be better with including all the colours. 

Archived