2018 CFL Season: The March for 106

AnPheitseog

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking about trades in the CFL: this one happened.

https://cfl.ca/2018/07/24/shawn-lemon-confirms-trade-bc/ 

Toronto's not doing anything this year, so, whatever. That said, I don't like the policy that they don't name the player on the negotiation list. I guess it means nothing if the player doesn't sign but I'd like to know for who/why Toronto moved one of their better players. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 8/19/2018 at 2:29 PM, Mac the Knife said:

Another reason I love the CFL, summarized not even in one play, but in what happens after the play...

The Edmonton Eskimos Touchdown Tunnel

Video unavailable

This video contains content from Whistle Sports, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Wow, I guess Whistle Sports has American viewers banging down their doors to steal their CFL footage...now that's just kind of sad!

• 5 weeks later...

It's been a month since anything's been posted here, but I thought I'd resurrect the thread to ask a question that I've wanted answered since the start of the season.  What is on the back side of the field goal posts at BMO?  Is it advertising?  Is it cable?  Despite seeing (I think) every Argos home game this year, I've yet to see a shot of the goalposts tight enough that I could tell what they've got going on there.

nav-logo.png

36 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

It's been a month since anything's been posted here, but I thought I'd resurrect the thread to ask a question that I've wanted answered since the start of the season.  What is on the back side of the field goal posts at BMO?  Is it advertising?  Is it cable?  Despite seeing (I think) every Argos home game this year, I've yet to see a shot of the goalposts tight enough that I could tell what they've got going on there.

Do you have a pic? I think it's cable but i'm not certain that I can picture it despite having been there a few times this year?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

9 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

Okay.  My two preferred (I don't have a true favorite) CFL teams - Montreal, and now Toronto - are essentially out of playoff contention.  I'm torn between as to root for between Edmonton, Hamilton and Ottawa the rest of the way.  Any suggestions, CFL'ers?

Hamilton's last Grey Cup triumph was in 1999. So go with them. 

By the way, it does look like part of the cabling that helps hold up the netting. 

2 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

There is no netting.  Whatever this is, it runs down both goalposts, across the crossbar, and down the center post.

I guess I don't pay attention enough to the CFL to even notice that they don't use nets. Oh well. 

2 hours ago, Wings said:

I guess I don't pay attention enough to the CFL to even notice that they don't use nets. Oh well. 

You should.  The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and British Columbia Lions played an absolutely wild game tonight.  They began the fourth quarter with one team leading 17-11.  At the end of the fourth, it was 29-29 thanks to (i) a touchdown scored with :00 on the clock, followed by (ii) a two-point conversion that they had to spend 5 minutes conducting a replay review on (which you'd think would be boring, but trust me - it wasn't)... and without giving away the ending, it wound up going into double overtime.

nav-logo.png

11 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

Okay.  My two preferred (I don't have a true favorite) CFL teams - Montreal, and now Toronto - are essentially out of playoff contention.  I'm torn between as to root for between Edmonton, Hamilton and Ottawa the rest of the way.  Any suggestions, CFL'ers?

Hamilton is a huge rival of Toronto, and Ottawa is same division.

Leaves Edmonton as the only choice. However, if you factor in the controversy around their use of the name Eskimos, that also might be an issue for you.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived