Tampa Bay Lightning Recolor and LA Kings Rebrand

bkreitz10

To me it's still aparent that Tampa still looks like the Leafs. So, I went out a limb and changed their color scheme from blue and white, to black and white. The hanger effect is the color from the all-star game held in Tampa last year, I figuered it would be okay to use, since it wont be seen anyway. Blue only appears on the gloves as an outline for the brands logo... Since they somewhat resemble LA, I will be doing an LA redesign. C&C welcome.

LTfOjLv.jpg

z9rLBAJ.jpg

It looks like OP is trying to copy and paste the URL from a Gmail attachment.

Download the file from your Gmail and them upload it to a third-party hosting site like Imgur. Copy the image URL from that (make sure it ends in .JPG, .PNG or another raster file format) and then paste it here on the boards.

3 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

It looks like OP is trying to copy and paste the URL from a Gmail attachment.

Download the file from your Gmail and them upload it to a third-party hosting site like Imgur. Copy the image URL from that (make sure it ends in .JPG, .PNG or another raster file format) and then paste it here on the boards.

sorry its been forever since ive posted anything

Part Two, somewhat, Kings need purple. The nhl needs purple. It looks great on the ice IMO, that’s why the Kings bring it back. Kings go to a strictly purple, silver, and white color scheme. The silver would and should have the same glittery effect as the Golden Knights have on their sweaters. And last, Kings bring back the original crown logo.BTtGjbv.jpg

6 hours ago, bkreitz10 said:

Part Two, somewhat, Kings need purple. The nhl needs purple. It looks great on the ice IMO, that’s why the Kings bring it back. Kings go to a strictly purple, silver, and white color scheme. The silver would and should have the same glittery effect as the Golden Knights have on their sweaters. And last, Kings bring back the original crown logo.BTtGjbv.jpg

Nice design... I agree on the color purple for the NHL.  Did you consider swapping the silver for gold?  

12 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Why all black for the lightning. Its so boring...

This. You’ve fixed the problem of Tampa looking like the Leafs, but you’ve not fixed the problem of them looking kinda boring. I’d suggest throwing in some blue somewhere in the uniform, maybe in a number outline or something. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

This. You’ve fixed the problem of Tampa looking like the Leafs, but you’ve not fixed the problem of them looking kinda boring. I’d suggest throwing in some blue somewhere in the uniform, maybe in a number outline or something. 

I actually got the black/white inspiration from a Tampa Bay Lightning t-shirt I have. With that being said I have another idea in mind to include the blue.

I think the Kings really good with the old logo and purple color. I like the Vegas gold, but maybe yellow-gold would be better b/c division rivals Anaheim and Vegas both use Vegas gold. Besides, an LA team ought to have a bright sunny color! I can also imagine a purple & white only version looking good.

As for Tampa Bay, I'm still not feeling it. The striping is still a bit too simple when paired with such a dark scheme. Also, maybe you can recolor the shoulder patches with blue, black, and white now...

These ideas are good, and you're getting close to some really great concepts!

Loving the Kings concepts! A couple recommendations: I agree with vtgco on the use of gold...however, instead of eliminating it or changing it back to "yellow" or a similar shade to what they had at the advent of the Second Six - perhaps just go with a lighter shade of true gold than either Vegas or Anaheim use. Second recommendation: Drop the primary from the helmets.  Use a wordmark instead. It's the small things that count! Keep up the great work.  

Archived