US Soccer Rebrand

speedy

Been years since I've posted a concept around these parts, but with some time to kill I thought I'd revisit a decade old US Soccer concept I did..

No team on the world stage has had an identity crisis like US Soccer. From their outdated crest to their most recent update that lacks real refinement, they've struggled to create a concrete non-vanilla brand. This bleeds over to their kits as well, no defined home or clash colors and/or design. I've tried to correct both issues here. The one thing you could call consistent is their use of horizontal striping, while it isn't used on every edition, it's their most common design element. I've carried that over and introduced a new colorway for their main kit: Red, White, & Blue. Very original, I know - but it is a seldom used combo by federations around the world. 

I feel the crest isn't quite there yet, hence posting here. Not sure exactly what it needs, but it needs something.

smUeaMP.jpg

AHKVTGS.jpg

Alright then I would go with a lighter blue than Deep Navy because it isn't appreciably different from black. This looks more like a DC United rebrand than USA 

I like the additions to the Crest and how you tied it in on the pants but it doesn't read wings like I think you're going for. I might look at the Caps WEagle or reference a bald eagle in flight to refine that element

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Looks more like a track and field logo to me. I'd use either eagle in the crest. For the uniforms, you should make each one have it's own look instead of using the same design across all three. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't like how the red stripes tapper off to a point but the wings on the inside are not.

The uniforms are bland and I find it strange that the logo stripes are vertical but on the uniforms they're horizontal.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

19 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Looks more like a track and field logo to me. I'd use either eagle in the crest. For the uniforms, you should make each one have it's own look instead of using the same design across all three. 

Damn it. Didn't see a track connection, now it's all I can see. I do like the eagle in the crest and will give that a go.

7 hours ago, tigers said:

I don't like how the red stripes tapper off to a point but the wings on the inside are not.

The uniforms are bland and I find it strange that the logo stripes are vertical but on the uniforms they're horizontal.

As outlined in the description, US Soccer has used vertical stripes in the crest for the entirety of it's existence and horizontal stripes on their kits have been the most widely used design. It's about trying to connect the past to create an identity moving forward. As for the "bland" uniforms, the US isn't and hasn't ever been a flashy tactical team. They're gritty, no-frills, get the job done, black suit and tie kind of team (minus the late Klinnsman years), a set like Nigeria or Croatia wouldn't reflect that. 

Archived