2018 NBA Concepts

Jack Holmes

And here are two more concepts while I am up.

#6 Houston Rockets

houstin_666x2as.png

dEAnxbb.jpg

While I am a major fan of the Rockets re-incorporating yellow back into their identity, I feel Atlanta now "own" those colours so to speak, and my only idea for Houston in yellow is either the 94-95 Championship jerseys or a home-and-road version of their 2009 alternate. So I thought I would try and make red and silver really work for them because I do love those colours. I wanted to bring back the Steve Francis era pinstripes too because I loved those.

#7 Brooklyn Nets

YsDsUnh.jpg

ZXTdq2b.jpg

Much like the Rockets, this is a merge of the Nets previous identities. I love their sleeved alternates and their Statement jersey; I love the old ABA Nets look done in black & white so that's what I went with, only replacing the stars with the old net pattern. It's not a unique design, I've seen it before, but I am big fan, I think it's the obvious move the team should make.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Brooklyn jerseys are actually perfect. I'm not sure that the arched wordmark on Houston's jerseys work. Also not sure if the fade on the pinstripes works much either. I think a straight across wordmark and solid pinstripes would work much better

6 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

#6 Brooklyn Nets

BKLN_1_Home.png

BKLN_1_Road.png

Much like the Rockets, this is a merge of the Nets previous identities. I love their sleeved alternates and their Statement jersey; I love the old ABA Nets look done in black & white so that's what I went with, only replacing the stars with the old net pattern. It's not a unique design, I've seen it before, but I am big fan, I think it's the obvious move the team should make.

That's exactly what Adidas and the Nets should have done as their association/home and icon/road jerseys from the time the Nets moved to Brooklyn.

2 hours ago, edjb93 said:

That's exactly what Adidas and the Nets should have done as their association/home and icon/road jerseys from the time the Nets moved to Brooklyn.

But don't have the white vertical stripe on the side as close to the N.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

On 7/6/2018 at 2:26 PM, tigers said:

But don't have the white vertical stripe on the side as close to the N.

Noted. Edited with a smaller wordmark, created a little more space between it and the side panel.

Here is #8, Toronto Raptors 

tor_212red.png

spacer.png

And #9, Portland Trail Blazers

spacer.png

spacer.png

I wanted to do Toronto in purple, however, the home whites looked really off, at least without some tweaking, so I "settled" for their All-Canadian red/black look which they rock pretty well. Added silver to differentiate them from the Bulls and Blazers, while hopefully the black keeps looking apart from Houston as well. I brought back the pinstripes (maybe also too Houston-y?) and the arching nameplate because I like those Barney Dinosaur elements, they keep their identity unique. And I altered their wordmark to a bolder font because what they're wearing now seems a little placeholder-y to me.

Portland, I just based their look off of their amazing statement jersey. Remove the silver and lowed the name to appear under the number (just 'cause I think the back of the jersey looks little plain).

I don’t know why but I love that subtle addition of pinstripes on the Raptors! 

I am kinda torn on the Blazers’ sash. I think it looks great in your concept but I can’t help but loving their actual one more. Regardless it’s an awesome concept - keeping it the same would’ve been boring. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kinds of words! :)

Here are #10 and #11

#10 LA Clippers

Y6YZDOc.jpg

Of4LSel.jpg

#11 Dallas Mavericks

CXlAFCx.jpg

ZTyJPsU.jpg

I think you can see what I am doing with both of these teams. I wanted to do something different for both of them but I found myself recreating their current jerseys anyway (or, in the case of the Clippers, their previous sets). Obviously a few changes. I think the Clippers really need to embrace powder blue; and with Dallas, I just updated the font to something that says 'Dallas' a little more (sort of like with Toronto, that means something a little bolder/thicker),

The clippers’ whole brand is a boring bland yawn but I love seeing how even something as simple as a splash of powder blue can make it pop. Well done! 

I’ve always felt the same about the Mavs and your concept breathes a little life into their uniforms with that gradient! Excited to see the rest of this series!

Bumping this for a moment. I sort of lost track nearly a year ago when I got the flu and I was stuck on the Phoenix Suns and killed all inspiration for me. Anyway, I have a few more concepts and I thought I'd share them.

These are extremely inspired by 2019 Earned/City uniforms.

#12 Milwaukee Bucks

spacer.png

spacer.png

#13 Cleveland Cavaliers

spacer.png

spacer.png

Have you thought of jersey sponsors? What about statement and city and earned jerseys 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

16 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

Bumping this for a moment. I sort of lost track nearly a year ago when I got the flu and I was stuck on the Phoenix Suns and killed all inspiration for me. Anyway, I have a few more concepts and I thought I'd share them.

These are extremely inspired by 2019 Earned/City uniforms.

#12 Milwaukee Bucks

spacer.png

spacer.png

#13 Cleveland Cavaliers

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Cavs are close.  I think you should flip the white and red on the home.

On 7/5/2018 at 11:51 AM, Jack Holmes said:

#6 Houston Rockets

houstin_666x2as.png

dEAnxbb.jpg

The pinstripes looks good. I love how its a callback to 90s uni. The set looks cleaner compared to their current set. the sides reminds me of the chevrons pattern that the raptors currently uses. 

On 7/11/2018 at 2:30 PM, Jack Holmes said:

Noted. Edited with a smaller wordmark, created a little more space between it and the side panel.

Here is #8, Toronto Raptors 

tor_212red.png

spacer.png

And #9, Portland Trail Blazers

spacer.png

spacer.png

I wanted to do Toronto in purple, however, the home whites looked really off, at least without some tweaking, so I "settled" for their All-Canadian red/black look which they rock pretty well. Added silver to differentiate them from the Bulls and Blazers, while hopefully the black keeps looking apart from Houston as well. I brought back the pinstripes (maybe also too Houston-y?) and the arching nameplate because I like those Barney Dinosaur elements, they keep their identity unique. And I altered their wordmark to a bolder font because what they're wearing now seems a little placeholder-y to me.

Portland, I just based their look off of their amazing statement jersey. Remove the silver and lowed the name to appear under the number (just 'cause I think the back of the jersey looks little plain).

Wow, that portland set is too 💪💪💪

#14 Indiana Pacers

spacer.png

spacer.png

7 hours ago, CLEstones said:

The Cavs are close.  I think you should flip the white and red on the home.

Something like this? 

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Have you thought of jersey sponsors? What about statement and city and earned jerseys 

No sponsors. Like to pretend they don't exist where I can. ;) 

I might do alternates but in the old fashioned sense, styled like the home and road. 

Like this.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Jack Holmes said:

Something like this? 

spacer.png

Yes, or keep it consistent with the other versions of the uniform where the top half is white, the bottom half red, then the shorts swash in white.

Archived