Htown1141

MLB: Project Chasing SFGiants58 (St. Louis Cardinals posted! 8/30)

Fantastic! I really like what you’ve done with the “W,” homaging the curly W (immortalized by the Sens MK II’s single winning season) without calling to mind a chain of drugstores. While I’m more of a navy Nats guy, I really like how you’ve worked with the red-dominant look. I like the choice of throwback as well, but I do think moving the numbers up a little on the back would improve accuracy. All in all, good work!

22 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Fantastic! I really like what you’ve done with the “W,” homaging the curly W (immortalized by the Sens MK II’s single winning season) without calling to mind a chain of drugstores. While I’m more of a navy Nats guy, I really like how you’ve worked with the red-dominant look. I like the choice of throwback as well, but I do think moving the numbers up a little on the back would improve accuracy. All in all, good work!

Here's the numbers moved up, it does look more authentic

Spoiler

f4IcC9y.png

First off, :censored: a bird on bat. I see your culture and I do you one better.

I make stuff. And I make the hell out of it. Here's an updated swinging bird (I like it) and I'll come back to this for a bird on bad thing at some point idk.

T4notvQ.png

Home and away was quite a depature from their normal sets. I went ahead and saved myself the trouble of effort by instituting some striping consistency from the socks (they're pretty).

vRxSYo7.png

As for the alternates, I really didn't feel like making a throwback... to one of their uniforms. HOWEVER, I did throw back to my first baseball series (utterly terrible, check it out here) and ripped my cardinals concept. As for the other one, it's red. What else is there to say.

x1xkw8Z.png

I need a better design process, yanno? Like, these are fine and everything, but if I want to catch SF, then I'm going to need reasons beyond "it looks cool"

The Cards look great. The new primary logo is strong, and the alt with the red headspoon is a nice, clean look. 

I have to say, I really admire you bucking tradition and doing your own thing with the "untouchable" teams (the new "LA" for the Dodgers, ditching the birds-on-bat for St. Louis). Can't wait to see what you do with my White Sox. Keep it up!

Easily the Cardinals are my favorite. 

The swinging Bird looks terrific and the triple striping is fantastic. 

I also want to specifically praise the way the underscore looks on the script. It's smooth and graceful which is not an easy task to pull off. 

Great job!

Love the new LA, but I'll actually dissent on the new W for Washington. The curl looks really out of place against the rest of the font which is mostly angular. I can't help but think of a bent steel beam, which is really incongruous with the Nationals.

So I love the birds on the bat, and while that maybe is because I’m a Cardinals, I know it is beloved among most MLB fans. That being said, I respect the ambition and work so I guess I’ll have to look past that.

The uniforms are great! The new primary looks great, a very nice update to the batting Cardinal. The uniforms look great and a return to the more classic navy/red cap is a great addition. While it isn’t traditional, I think it looks pretty good. Nicw job.

9 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

Reveal hidden contents

f4IcC9y.png

I need a better design process, yanno? Like, these are fine and everything, but if I want to catch SF, then I'm going to need reasons beyond "it looks cool"

I dunno, it usually works for me.

12 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

I dunno, it usually works for me.

...and me, but I have such an OCD desire to legitimize all of my choices, so I have to go deep.

I gotta say, I'm a big fan of you chucking out tradition with this one and using angled versions of the classic scripts with the Swingin' Bird. My only nitpicks would be that the NOB should have an outline and that the tail of the "St. Louis" wordmark is a bit too close to the letters (so you might want to lower it a little). Other than that, no complaints (I love that striping, BTW). Good work.

Please touch upon a "controversial" team next. Somebody like Tampa or Philadelphia would get some fireworks going!

In a vacuum, this would be a nice look for the Cardinals. In reality, the Birds on the Bat is their thing and they'd look wrong at this point without it. My recommendation would be to leave the striping as-is but bring back the Birds on the Bat scripts.

I echo Lights Out's sentiment. In a vacuum, I like these a lot, but something feels wrong about no birds on bat.

Regarding the swinging bird logo, I like it save for one tiny detail. The way the bird's eye is drawn, it looks like he's looking backwards. That combined with the overall expression, it looks like the bird got frozen on a called third strike.

hey y'all! I'm so terribly sorry about this but I think I might need to take a little break. For some reason, this idea came over me that I needed to be able to draw a triceratops to continue with this, also some other personal stuff may have contributed. I have some stuff for y'all who didn't like the concept I put out,

On 7/16/2018 at 9:48 AM, Lights Out said:

In a vacuum, this would be a nice look for the Cardinals. In reality, the Birds on the Bat is their thing and they'd look wrong at this point without it. My recommendation would be to leave the striping as-is but bring back the Birds on the Bat scripts.

On 7/16/2018 at 4:42 PM, Lafarge said:

I echo Lights Out's sentiment. In a vacuum, I like these a lot, but something feels wrong about no birds on bat.

Regarding the swinging bird logo, I like it save for one tiny detail. The way the bird's eye is drawn, it looks like he's looking backwards. That combined with the overall expression, it looks like the bird got frozen on a called third strike.

made it special.

giphy.gif

No but seriously, here ya go

k7O4Dap.png

On 7/14/2018 at 10:05 AM, SFGiants58 said:

...and me, but I have such an OCD desire to legitimize all of my choices, so I have to go deep.

I gotta say, I'm a big fan of you chucking out tradition with this one and using angled versions of the classic scripts with the Swingin' Bird. My only nitpicks would be that the NOB should have an outline and that the tail of the "St. Louis" wordmark is a bit too close to the letters (so you might want to lower it a little). Other than that, no complaints (I love that striping, BTW). Good work.

Please touch upon a "controversial" team next. Somebody like Tampa or Philadelphia would get some fireworks going!

here's something better for that

l6OPZDN.png

I hope you guys understand, and thank you so very much for humoring me on this journey so far.