An Alternate Universe's Los Angeles Lakers

robbman21

Four and a half years since my last concept of any kind was posted, combined with a sick day at home from work, mixed with the urge to create and some basketball guy changing teams has led to this. Enjoy...

bwXgp3I.png

98Falcons.png

I love the monogram on the shorts; it almost has a film-noir vibe that's perfect for LA. I wonder if there's a way to work that kind of style into other parts of the jersey without it going over the top.

rATMcmK.png

Had to Google the Kobe logo just now to refresh my memory on it and at a glance it definitely looks like it. Surprised none of the old school members here have commented that this is the first Alternate Universe concept (from the guy who made it a thing, at least) in nearly 5 years.

98Falcons.png

It's been so long since I crossed over into the Alternate Universe that I forgot that there are rules...THERE.ARE.RULES!!! So with that being said, I re-did the Lakers home unis to truly match what their alternate universe counterparts would be. I also had the striping on the original one wrong. I didn't realize that my main reference pic was an approximate mock-up and not a spec sheet of the actual unis, so went through some game pics to get everything to where it's supposed to be. Enjoy...

Alternate%20Universe%20Cavs%20Lakers2300

98Falcons.png

Archived