Creamer Concept World Cup 2018 - FINALS VOTING

rsaline

On 7/5/2018 at 4:11 PM, jaytavo305 said:

damn i took an L. one vote in second, rest were third or fourth. it's all good, i got put in a really tough group. probably could've worked on picture quality as well. i'm very new to this, in fact this was my first ever design, so i'll use this as advice for next time. 

Don’t be discouraged! Tough competition. Keep refining your skills and getting better. And your concept certainly wasn’t bad.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group A

1. Saudi Arabia

2. Egypt

3. Russia

4. Uruguay

Group B

1. Morocco

2. Spain

3. Portugal

4. Iran

Group C

1. France

2. Australia

3. Honduras

4. Denmark

Group D

1. Argentina

2. Nigeria

3. Croatia

4. Iceland

Group E

1. Switzerland

2. Brazil

3. Costa Rica

4. Serbia

Group F 

1. Mexico

2. Sweden

3. Korea

4. Germany

Group G

1. England

2. United States

3. Panama

4. Tunisia (the kits are nice and the hot pink was a cool aspect but I just can’t see it making its way to a world cup pitch)

Group H

1. Senegal

2. Columbia

3. Poland

4. Japan

A.

1. Saudi Arabia

2. Egypt

3. Uruguay

4. Russia

B.

1. Morocco

2. Spain

3. Iran

4. Portugal

C.

1. Australia

2. France

3. Honduras

4. Denmark

D.

1. Argentina

2. Nigeria

3. Iceland

4. Croatia

E. 

My group.

F.

1. Mexico

2. Sweden

3. South Korea

4. Germany

G.

1. Panama

2. England

3. Tunisia

4. USA

H.

1. Japan

2. Senegal

3. Poland

4. Columbia

Great job to everyone who participated! 

3 hours ago, FACTR27 said:

Group A

1. Saudi Arabia

2. Egypt

3. Russia

4. Uruguay

Group B

1. Morocco

2. Spain

3. Portugal

4. Iran

Group C

1. France

2. Australia

3. Honduras

4. Denmark

Group D

1. Argentina

2. Nigeria

3. Croatia

4. Iceland

Group E

1. Switzerland

2. Brazil

3. Costa Rica

4. Serbia

Group F 

1. Mexico

2. Sweden

3. Korea

4. Germany

Group G

1. England

2. United States

3. Panama

4. Tunisia (the kits are nice and the hot pink was a cool aspect but I just can’t see it making its way to a world cup pitch)

Group H

1. Senegal

2. Columbia

3. Poland

4. Japan

No offense but you cannot see a pink Tunisia home kit on a World Cup pitch but you can see that US Soccer kit combo on a World Cup pitch? 

NpTodZP.png

On 7/5/2018 at 4:11 PM, jaytavo305 said:

damn i took an L. one vote in second, rest were third or fourth. it's all good, i got put in a really tough group. probably could've worked on picture quality as well. i'm very new to this, in fact this was my first ever design, so i'll use this as advice for next time. 

Don't be discouraged! Yours was one of the ones where I thought it was a fine concept for current Uruguay but I didn't feel it took enough chances for a "reimagining." It's certainly not a bad concept by any means.

No such thing as bad press, right? And my little pink kits are at least being talked about!!!! Hurray!!! Anyway, I went with pink because literally 21 of the 32 countries have some form of red in their get ups. I didn't realize that I could do up paragraphs as to WHY I chose the things that I did (my fault completely), but I did just want the to stand out more than the red that most of the other teams were already wearing. I didn't consciously piggy back off the success of the Nigerian kits, but looking back at it, those definitely influenced my decision. I still have no regrets with choosing pink as my florescent color of choice. It made more sense than an electric blue, lime green, or a bright orange (though I considered the latter since my motherland Dutch team weren't represented this year). Pink, IMO, was close enough to red to somewhat justify it. I probably should have explained that more with the entry. Oh well. Though, as bad as Tunisia looked from a skill standpoint this World Cup, they probably didn't want to call any more attention to themselves than they otherwise did. England and Panama mock ups are clearly better than mine. Especially the crests. Be-a-u-tiful, @Lafarge and @DawgPacPBH. Looking at some of your other work, I knew I was up against some stiff competition. You guys did not disappoint. Good luck in the knockout rounds.

XcryMwi.png

2 minutes ago, HRC4 said:

No such thing as bad press, right? And my little pink kits are at least being talked about!!!! Hurray!!! Anyway, I went with pink because literally 21 of the 32 countries have some form of red in their get ups. I didn't realize that I could do up paragraphs as to WHY I chose the things that I did (my fault completely), but I did just want the to stand out more than the red that most of the other teams were already wearing. I didn't consciously piggy back off the success of the Nigerian kits, but looking back at it, those definitely influenced my decision. I still have no regrets with choosing pink as my florescent color of choice. It made more sense than an electric blue, lime green, or a bright orange (though I considered the latter since my motherland Dutch team weren't represented this year). Pink, IMO, was close enough to red to somewhat justify it. I probably should have explained that more with the entry. Oh well. Though, as bad as Tunisia looked from a skill standpoint this World Cup, they probably didn't want to call any more attention to themselves than they otherwise did. England and Panama mock ups are clearly better than mine. Especially the crests. Be-a-u-tiful, @Lafarge and @DawgPacPBH. Looking at some of your other work, I knew I was up against some stiff competition. You guys did not disappoint. Good luck in the knockout rounds.

I myself really enjoyed the pink home kits as it was a stray from the norm. That group was pretty tight to begin with. Great job nonetheless.

NpTodZP.png

What a wild group stage! Lots of great competition! Here are the point totals:

Group A

FlyingLamprey // Egypt - 89

Der Kaiser // Saudi Arabia - 86

bucknut42 // Russia - 77

jaytavo305 // Uruguay - 14

Group B

raysox // Morocco - 139

victormrey // Spain - 83

KINGCHANCELLOR // Portugal - 38

72freebie // Iran - 20

Group C

rsaline // Australia - 119

SSmith48 // France - 94

logo-maker // Denmark - 37

PackerFan98 // Honduras - 32

Group D

MJWalker45 // Argentina - 133

WavePunter // Iceland - 57*

NOLAPelicans23 // Nigeria - 48

tigers // croatia - 22

Group E

BlackBolt3 // Serbia - 99

Griffinmarlins // Switzerland - 89

VikingsAiden // Costa Rica - 63

Luke13T // Brazil - 15

Group F

gswansea // Mexico - 122

dsaline97 // Sweden - 79

Zeus89725 // Germany - 63

ECUFan25 // South Korea - 17

Group G

Lafarge // Panama - 127

DawgPacPBH // England - 80

HRC4 // Tunisia - 55

wences // United States - 18

Group H

Pulv! // Senegal - 93

OliverP // Columbia - 61*

Whittier S // Japan - 59

9innings // Poland - 53

Thanks to everyone who participated and voted on these great concepts. Now onto the knockout round!

YuKv6vG.png

Using the same World Cup format for the bracket, here are your Round of 16 matchups:

Egypt (A1) vs. Spain (B2)

Australia (C1) vs. Iceland (D2)

Serbia (E1) vs. Sweden (F2)

Panama (G1) vs. Columbia (H2)

Saudi Arabia (A2) vs. Morocco (B1)

France (C2) vs. Argentina (D1)

Switzerland (E2) vs. Mexico (F1)

England (G2) vs. Senegal (H1)

Vote on your favorite of each matchup - do not vote in your own matchup. In the event of a tie, the team with most points from group stage will advance. I will make another post with all of the concept matchups here shortly. Voting ends Monday night, July 9, at 11:59:59 PM PDT.

Saudi Arabia (A2) vs. Morocco (B1) - own matchup

Egypt vs. Spain

Egypt - FlyingLamprey

57AuNIT.png

Spain - victormrey
Crest: I wanted to keep the Spanish Coat of Arms as central element of the design, making it larger compared to the current design. I chose a roundel shape, inspired by the designs used during the 30’s and 40’s. The logo features the acronym “RFEF” (Real Federación Española de Fútbol / Royal Spanish Football Federation), the foundation year of the federation, 1913, and the Spanish flag. I decided to keep the Royal Crown, but instead of placing above the Coat of Arms, it’s placed above the roundel, following the style of many Spanish clubs with the title of “Real” (Royal) in their names.

Home Kit: the design seeks to combine the past and the present. It uses the latest Umbro template, featuring a classic pattern on the front made out of triangles. This pattern has two meanings: first, triangle is the strongest shape in nature, and in this case it symbolizes the strength and unity of the country; but also the triangles feature pinstripes at their bottom, representing the dynamism of the Spanish game style, the “Tiki Taka”.
The colour combination chosen is Red / Blue / Navy Blue, inspired by the scheme used from 1981 to 1993 and brought back in 2015, changing the original Black socks for a more modern shade.

Away Kit: the uniform features Navy Blue as main colour, inspired by the design used in the 2010 World Cup final. The secondary colour chosen is Blue, applied on the polo collar and the cuffs, to create a balanced and distinctive look.
The design focus on the relation between the brand and the National Team, featuring the classic diamonds on the sleeves, mimicking the Spanish flag. The subtle pattern featured on the front is made out of Umbro logos, alternating between the current design, and the one used in the 30’s.

Scarf: I kept it simple, using the Spanish flag all over the fabric except for the endings, which feature the new team crest over a Navy Ble background. It just features the word “España” (Spain), as well as the national motto “Plus Ultra” (Further Beyond) in a subtle way.
Brand change: Adidas might have been the kit manufacturer of the Spanish National Team since 1991, but I wanted to go for a “more classic route”, that’s why I have used Umbro as brand.

5BgCTjg.png

Australia vs. Iceland

Australia - rsaline
Australia’s crest is inspired by the 7-pointed Commonwealth Star. The yellow primary kit features a sublimated wavy pattern evoking the sand dunes located in both urban and desert areas of the country. This pattern is composed of several elements commonly attributed to Australia such as kangaroos and boomerangs. Green shorts and socks complete the classic home look. The clash kits draw from two aesthetic periods of Australia’s history. The light blue shirt with maroon sock stripes pays homage to the first Australian national team in 1922. The shirt pattern is inspired by the wildly popular kit that the Socceroos wore during 1994 WC qualifying. The two sided scarf features lyrics of a popular chant meant to rally supporters around their team, perhaps you’ve heard it?

KrA3jnG.png

Iceland - WavePunter

evAMYJX.png

Serbia vs. Sweden

Serbia - BlackBolt3
Serbia's history offered many different items of inspiration for this concept. The main focal point for the crest is the double-headed Serbian eagle, an image that has been used going back as far as the 10th century. I feel as though the two heads represent both the past and the future, taking note of tradition and looking forward to new possibilities. It is accompanied by the country's name in traditional Cyrillic font, with modern alterations, and the same shield shape that is on the Serbian coat of arms. Both kits pride themselves on details. The home set is patterned after the Serbian flag, and features a pattern on the chest based off of Pirot carpet, a style native to the European country. The clash kit is all gray, which relates back to the past and future that the Serbian eagle represents; the color of the castles of yesteryear, and the color of new architecture for the future, such as the Ada Bridge in Belgrade, the capitol. There is also a subtle line pattern that creates the Serbian eagle as well. The scarf offers fans the opportunity to coordinate with whatever the team is wearing for their matches. This look is meant to be refined enough for a timeless look, yet bold enough for the future of Serbian soccer.

AYQuGKv.png

Sweden - dsaline97
In their first World Cup appearance post-Zlatan, Sweden rolls out a classy look that has ties to kit designs from their past. The crest retains the familiar shape and Swedish flag, but further emphasize the Tre Kronor, which translates to three crowns, and is the nickname of Swedish national teams. The crowns are also found at the base of the numbers and above the nameplate. Sweden's traditional home yellow introduces a new style of collar that resembles the 1994 version, worn by the 3rd place finishers at the World Cup. The diagonal pinstripes are based off similar designs from the late 80s and early 90s, while the more modern horizontal stripes of the clash provide a change of pace from the rest of the set.

rwpCGHC.jpg

Panama vs. Columbia

Panama - Lafarge
The crest features a Harpy Eagle, the national bird of Panama, which is also featured on the nation’s coat of arms. The eagle swoops beneath a red soccer ball. Both symbols are surrounded by border, itself a stylized version of Panama’s flag. Finally, the roundel is completed with full name of the Panamanian Federation, FEPAFUT. 

Panama’s primary kit features a red shirt whose main feature is a sublimated striping design that is split into the top right and bottom left corners, representing the four quadrants of the Panamanian flag. Each uniform element features a red-white-blue trim pattern.

The Secondary kit is all white and features 23 stripes on the shirt. The 19 blue stripes and the 4 red striped represent the year 1904, Panama’s first full year in existence as a sovereign nation. Cutting through the stripes are two lines creating a phantom sash. This sash represents the Panama Canal, which cuts at a northwest angle through the nation.
Both uniforms feature a subtle custom number font inspired by the angles of Mola stitching.

The scarf is directly inspired by Mola art, one of the few non-European influenced art styles in Panama. Mola style features the use of bright fabrics intricately stitched in the form of stripes, dots, and shapes, generally depicting local animals. Here, the style is used to create the name Panama, as well as depict the soccer ball harpy eagle from the crest. The scarf fringe is quartered, based on the national flag.

1va48Xf.png

Colombia - OliverP

9yEhfjO.png

Saudi Arabia vs. Morocco

Saudi Arabia - Der Kaiser

YRmFLCA.png

Morocco - raysox

Spfp4L4.png

France vs. Argentina

France - SSmith48
France's kits are inspired by both art and past French kits. The dark blue primary kit features "streaks" representing famous French art and painting, and is also inspired by the real life France clash kits, while still being simple and creative. The home kit is paired with traditional white shorts and red socks. The clash is inspired by the '80-'81 clash, featuring alternating pinstripes of red and blue. It is paired with blue shorts and white socks. All shorts and socks can be interchangeable if needed.

z8TI8Pf.png

Argentina - MJWalker45

W5n12my.png

Switzerland vs. Mexico

Switzerland - Griffinmarlins

• The Swiss cross is an underused element on Switzerland's uniforms, but in this set, it gets prominent use. 
  • The 11 Swiss crosses on the right side of the shorts represent Switzerland's 11 World Cup appearances. 
  • I decided to use a double red on the away kit while keeping the home red and white. The darker red creates a unique color combo on the road. 
  • The crest uses the same initials as the current one but becomes more simplified and less abstract. 
  • The scarf features every year that Switzerland has previously made the World Cup and the other side has "World Cup" in the four official languages of Switzerland; German, French, Italian, and Romansh. 

rfLwdSo.png

Mexico - gswansea
Uniquely situated between the cultures of North and Central America, Mexico plays host to a variety of distinct traditions and cultural elements. Prominent among these is the image of the Aztecs, which has remained relevant to the Mexican national identity into the modern era.

My redesign of the Mexican national soccer team seeks to merge this theme with the current icons of the team. The new crest forefronts the eagle from the national coat of arms at the top of the mark, rendered in the Aztec style. The lines from the wings of the eagle extend down into the shield, which forms the shape of a traditional soccer crest. Banners at the bottom of the crest retain the form of Mexico’s current mark. Bright gold and red feature in the logo, symbolizing the vibrancy of Mexican art and culture. 

Mexico’s redesigned home kit features a completely redrawn version of the Aztec calendar that was boasted in the team’s jerseys from the 1998 World Cup. The wings of the eagle from the design extend seamlessly into the sleeve pattern, small diagonal sashes in the colors of the national flag. The away kit is inspired by Mexican ponchos, as various shades of red fading to green mimic the folds of a poncho. Logos on the away kit appear in red and dark green.

uWwjISZ.png

England vs. Senegal

England - DawgPacPBH
V7n4HZQ.jpg

Senegal - Pulv!
The new look of Senegal was introduced  with the help of Nike after many year of Puma as technical sponsor. The addition of red in the color scheme comes in an attempt to modernize the team look by connecting it more with the senegalese national flag.

oyyWbup.png

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

21 hours ago, ThierryH14 said:

No offense but you cannot see a pink Tunisia home kit on a World Cup pitch but you can see that US Soccer kit combo on a World Cup pitch? 

21 hours ago, ThierryH14 said:

I point you in the direction of the 1994 world cup... those uniforms were out there.

Well, I took a tough loss much like my actual team in the real World Cup, but congrats to @FlyingLamprey and @Der Kaiser for winning the group with some great concepts. 

Egypt (A1) vs. Spain (B2)

Australia (C1) vs. Iceland (D2)

Serbia (E1) vs. Sweden (F2)

Panama (G1) vs. Columbia (H2)

France (C2) vs. Argentina (D1)

Switzerland (E2) vs. Mexico (F1)

England (G2) vs. Senegal (H1)

spacer.png

For me these are the match winners:

Egypt

Australia

Serbia

Panama

Morocco

France

Mexico

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

4 hours ago, bucknut42 said:

Well, I took a tough loss much like my actual team in the real World Cup, but congrats to @FlyingLamprey and @Der Kaiser for winning the group with some great concepts. 

Egypt (A1) vs. Spain (B2)

Panama (G1) vs. Columbia (H2)

Everything came down to the wire, but in the end only two of us could advance.  Regardless, it was a well fought competition by you and @jaytavo305 in the group!

Egypt (A1) vs. Spain (B2) (my matchup) (good luck @Victormrey!)

Panama (G1) vs. Colombia (H2)

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

XcryMwi.png

Some amazing concepts got through the Group Stage and the real fun begins in the Round of 16. My favorites for the Round of 16 matches include the actual flag of that nation. Best of luck to everyone involved in the Knockout Stage. 

?? Egypt (A1) vs. Spain (B2)

?? Australia (C1) vs. Iceland (D2)

?? Serbia (E1) vs. Sweden (F2)

?? Panama (G1) vs. Columbia (H2)

?? Saudi Arabia (A2) vs. Morocco (B1)

?? France (C2) vs. Argentina (D1)

?? Switzerland (E2) vs. Mexico (F1)

?? England (G2) vs. Senegal (H1) - Football is not coming home in this competition ?

NpTodZP.png

Archived