SportsLogos.Net News

Czech It Out! Whole New Look for Czech National Team

In this version, Lion literally eat a puck:

New-Czech-Hockey-Jersey.jpg

The logo looks like it’s already 20 years outdated.

I’m kind of surprised that the name on the front of the jersey says Czech Republic. The country has been encouraging the use of the name Czechia both internally and externally.

1 hour ago, aztex82 said:

I’m kind of surprised that the name on the front of the jersey says Czech Republic. The country has been encouraging the use of the name Czechia both internally and externally.

The IIHF might require the official full name to be on the jersey. While Czechia is an official short name, it may not be allowed. (I'm aware of the USA jerseys but you certainly would never see one that simply said "America" on it.)

What a downgrade from their tradition of unique awesomeness! 

The sweaters would look better with no word mark on the front.

51 minutes ago, OMMF said:

The IIHF might require the official full name to be on the jersey. While Czechia is an official short name, it may not be allowed. (I'm aware of the USA jerseys but you certainly would never see one that simply said "America" on it.)

I don't think that's it - Sweden's uniforms don't say "Kingdom of Sweden," Russia's don't say "Russian Federation," etc. I would think that the official short name would be allowed. Certainly curious that Czechia went with the full "Czech Republic."

The logo kind of looks like a backward C. I think the logo would look better facing the other way so it resembles a C. I'm not sure if there is cultural significance of the lion facing the way they have it, though.

I think it's a terrific logo.  A shame they're losing the coat of arms, and the name on the jersey seems superfluous, but the logo's great.

8 hours ago, aztex82 said:

I was going to post the same thing.  I'd expect it to be Czechia everywhere but official government / UN stuff.  Not many people knew of the decree to use the short name - pretty much only my fellow geography-nerd friends and I are the only ones I know that use it.

I think this would've fit a KHL team better than the Czech national team.  The thing they're doing with the crown's color is cool, though.

It is a shame that the coat of arms is gone. I guess Czech hockey is looking to create a "brand" like the way Hockey Canada has done over the years. 

On 7/7/2018 at 9:12 AM, GMW79 said:

The sweaters would look better with no word mark on the front.

So true. First time in history a collar has been by far the coolest thing about a uni

Not a fan of the logo or sweater.  Reminds me of a roller hockey jersey.

On 7/6/2018 at 7:19 AM, GFB said:

The logo looks like it’s already 20 years outdated.

Exactly. It's so bad/dated I thought it was a joke. This can't be real can it? 

It looks like something that would have been released alongside the original Nashville Predators or Atlanta Thrashers logo.