TJSC

Los Angeles Lakers 2018-19 Uniform Discussion

3 hours ago, d11king said:

I don’t think anybody knows what the jerseys are gonna look like.. why would 2K have the unveil? How is the NBA selling official stuff with their leak.. Kuzma wanted original showtimes... 

NOBODY KNOWS!!!

Yeah I don't put much into the NBA 2K picture -- when was the last time 2K got a jersey 100% right?

4 minutes ago, kimball said:

Yeah I don't put much into the NBA 2K picture -- when was the last time 2K got a jersey 100% right?

Its been awhile and a few jerseys even went backwards in accuracy like pretty much all the lakers throwbacks using a incredibly inaccurate font. 

Looks to me like 2K wanted to put out a screenshot of Lebron from NBA 2K19 but they couldn't exactly do it unless it was in last season's uniform. Lebron is on the cover of the special edition so they definitely know what the Lakers uniforms are because you know they're gonna roll out some marketing with him in the new stuff once they get the all clear.

The number font further proves this theory. They probably had him in the new jersey but then they had to backtrack and accidentally left the drop shadow in.

16 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Looks to me like 2K wanted to put out a screenshot of Lebron from NBA 2K19 but they couldn't exactly do it unless it was in last season's uniform. Lebron is on the cover of the special edition so they definitely know what the Lakers uniforms are because you know they're gonna roll out some marketing with him in the new stuff once they get the all clear.

The number font further proves this theory. They probably had him in the new jersey but then they had to backtrack and accidentally left the drop shadow in.

Thats exactly what I think happened here.