HOF-caliber players whose "right" uniforms are awful

MCM0313

I'm on record countless times pointing out the things I don't like about the Phillies uniform, and how overall I don't like them, but they hardly "suck".  Other than the numbers, there's nothing objectively wrong about them, though I think that there's room for improvement in literally every aspect of them, including even the jersey cut and the method of applying the pinstripes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

terrell-owens-of-the-san-francisco-49ers

From what I understand, a lot of people somehow happen to like this 49ers set, but I believe it's awful. Especially compared to what it replaced.

terrell-owens-of-the-philadelphia-eagles

And Eagles in midnight green and BFBS is certainly awful.

On 7/9/2018 at 9:31 PM, lbj273 said:

These jerseys are awesome and don't belong in this thread imo.

Do you have eyes, these uniforms are hideous!!

On 7/11/2018 at 11:09 AM, Griffinmarlins said:

Hopefully if they can win another cup together before they retire, the current/throwback look will be their right uniform. 

I'm praying for that to not happen?

On 7/14/2018 at 5:29 PM, Brandon9485 said:

Braun will never get close to the HOF.

Sure he will if he decides he wants to visit the place though he can pay the admission fee like all the rest of us. ?

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

Maybe HOF-caliber is pushing it, but with Chase Utley's retirement announcement, there's no better time to say this:

The Phillies' uniforms suck. I've hated them my whole life.

chase_utley.jpg

I think you're looking for the Unpopular Opinions thread

Both Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio decided to use the Astros caps from the later half of their careers on their HOF plaques. In a vacuum the uniforms arent awful. They always felt like an awful fit for a team named the Astros. I feel they both should have gone in with the navy and gold Astros look as that is when they put up their best seasons.

Image result for jeff bagwell

Image result for craig biggio

Archived