HOF-caliber players whose "right" uniforms are awful

MCM0313

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and that's hardly an "awful" uniform, by any measure.  There's definitely room for improvement - specifically the bevels need to go - but at the end of the day, there's not much objectively wrong with it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Personally I like the normal set (Home & Road) but this is the one that came to mind.\

aatq169.jpg

Well, then it's a good thing that this isn't Wilson's "right" uniform, huh?

(Personally, I'm kind of weary of folks jumping into threads like these with sophisticated, interesting topics only to devolve them into generic, irrelevant conversations of what unis do and do not look good to them. We do plenty of that in every other thread anyways, not the least when it comes to color rush.)

4 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Personally I like the normal set (Home & Road) but this is the one that came to mind.\

aatq169.jpg

This is why we can’t have nice things...

Please close this topic now. 

On 7/24/2018 at 7:59 AM, whitedawg22 said:

Grant Hill had all the talent in the world, but I'm still surprised that he was elected to the HOF. He had a run of six seasons in Detroit where he was a legitimately great player, but topped out at a solid contributor after that. And the fact that he hung around until age 40 is mitigated by the fact that he had six (!) seasons in which he played fewer than 30 games, five of which occurred in the prime of his career.

Yeah, but he did that in Fila, which seems like it should be worth more.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 7/9/2018 at 6:55 PM, spartacat_12 said:

tumblr_ouisw6NdVv1uf9qj8o1_500.jpg

Yes. 

On 7/9/2018 at 9:31 PM, lbj273 said:

These jerseys are awesome and don't belong in this thread imo.

Oh they do. I’m a bit of a Jazz fan because of the seasons they spent in this look. So I ought to be nostalgic for it. And I suppose I am in a way. 

That said? Having removed the nostalgia goggles? It’s pretty bad. 

On 7/23/2018 at 8:15 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't think any reasonable person would consider any of these uniforms "awful".  You might not like them, but "awful" is reserved for truly garish outfits like those Steve Nash Suns, or AZ Cardinals.

This was bound to happen...it was going to devolve into "uniforms I'm not too fond of."  Even Steve Nash (I liked those unis, btw)...how long did he wear that?  I don't know that Nash has one "right" uniform.  As an aside, Tomlinson played in my favorite Chargers uniform of all time.  

I am with you on the Rangers (not A-Rod's "right" uniform, anyway), too.  I generally don't like that look and with the serifs (or whatever they are called), bevelling, and (at the time) dropshadows, they were so overdone.  But "awful"?  That's a stretch.

On 7/9/2018 at 11:02 PM, MCM0313 said:

I wondered how soon Iverson would be posted in this thread. I don't think those unis would be so bad for a team with less tradition than Philly though. Like, that style could add some character to the Raptors' current look. Mutombo's look isn't awful, just not great. Too many dark colors. The Blazers look bad in the Walton photo, but also uniquely Blazers.

I definitely feel Iverson belongs.  But I admit, that a big part of it is that the look is just not very "Sixers."  It's more like "HOF-caliber players wearing the team's wrong uniforms."  Again, I HATE those uniforms but I think a large part is because of the team that adopted them.  On the Raptors, I still would not like them but they would not have been "awful."

I guess the same holds true with the earth-tone Astros.  I loved that color scheme.  I liked it so much that I was willing to accept it on a team called the Astros.  But now that they are back to their old scheme, those look like "the team's wrong uniforms."  What I wish would have happened is that the D-backs would have adopted that scheme.  I really do like but and I doubt we'll ever see it again.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

This was bound to happen...it was going to devolve into "uniforms I'm not too fond of."  Even Steve Nash (I liked those unis, btw)...how long did he wear that?  I don't know that Nash has one "right" uniform. 

That was the Suns' primary from 2001-2012, which encompassed eight of Nash's 10 years from the franchise, six of his eight All-Star selections, and both his MVPs. I think that's pretty clearly Nash's "right" uniform.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

30 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

That was the Suns' primary from 2001-2012, which encompassed eight of Nash's 10 years from the franchise, six of his eight All-Star selections, and both his MVPs. I think that's pretty clearly Nash's "right" uniform.

Wow.  Time flies when I'm old.  I'd have guess that uniform made it five years.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived