Sierra Mist? Mist Twst?

So, we all know that Sierra Mist recently went through a rebrand and name change within the past year or so, moving from Sierra Mist to Mist Twst. To cause even more confusion, I was at a Sheetz just recently and they have changed the branding for Mist Twst yet again on their soda dispensers. The soda dispensers said Mist Twst just a month ago, but now say Sierra Mist. I'm sensing a serious identity crisis going on with this soda.

EqaL9La.jpg?1

Is anybody else seeing these changes in their area or is this an isolated incident?

2001-2006

200?cb=20100824235722

2006-2008

200?cb=20101219033112

2008-2010

200?cb=20100309135740

2010-2011

latest?cb=20100930152252

2011-2013

200?cb=20150420020715

2013-2016

200?cb=20150420030059

2016-2018 (?)

220?cb=20160421145242

2018(?) -

EqaL9La.jpg?1

If the name "Sierra Mist" is back, this would please me. It would be an admission that "Mist Twst" (not even "Twist", but "Twst"!) was a mistake. That name just reeks of corny forced EXTREEEM!! branding, an approach which clashes badly with a citrus-flavoured soda.

By the way, I had not seen (or had forgotten) that 2010-2011 logo. It is superb.

Sierra_Mist_2010.png

This logo has the coolness that fits the product, even if it has no depiction of a mountain.

Never called it Mist Twist. If they are going back to Sierra Mist, that's good and the logo is better than it was.

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

They went through SIX different logos in ten years? What?!

I took this pic back in like 2010 when you could find 3 different labels in a store.

5K9LPul.jpg

Update: others have spotted the new logo/old name in other places, according to Twitter. No official word on an update or rebrand, though.

LVgUm2y.jpg

rcKyuBi.jpg

YEBuQQW.jpg

Canadian here... We don't have Sierra Mist around my neck of the woods. Does it taste like Sprite/7up?

Is it just me, or is that logo extremely dated? It looks like it's straight out of 1999.

16 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Canadian here... We don't have Sierra Mist around my neck of the woods. Does it taste like Sprite/7up?

Its Pepsi's version of. Where Coke owns Sprite and DrPepper/Snapple/Keurig owns 7up in the US. Pepsi can make 7up anywhere but the US. 

This replaced Lemon Lime Slice  a long time ago. 

31 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

Its Pepsi's version of. Where Coke owns Sprite and DrPepper/Snapple/Keurig owns 7up in the US. Pepsi can make 7up anywhere but the US. 

This replaced Lemon Lime Slice  a long time ago. 

Interesting. I just assumed Pepsi made 7up everywhere. Thanks for the info!

Anyone else wish they would just dump Mist and bring back Slice?

The logo looks like it belongs to a piss-tier beer, but at least it's called Sierra Mist again.

Good to see it's going back to the less "edgy" name and awful spelling.  The logo looks pretty clean.  Still has an odd taste to me that wouldn't cause me to switch from Sprite or even the newer 7up but good for them.

56 minutes ago, Sportscenter said:

Could've dropped both names and brought back the Storm name

Yea, but Storm has caffeine in it and they current have Mtn Dew Ice which is lemon lime with caffeine.

Yea Pepsi's lemon line soda is confusing.

I prefer Diet 7up myself.

58 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Yea, but Storm has caffeine in it and they current have Mtn Dew Ice which is lemon lime with caffeine.

Yea Pepsi's lemon line soda is confusing.

I prefer Diet 7up myself.

Yes, I remember Storm had caffeine in it but seeing as it was around for such a small time in the late 90s most people probably don’t even remember it. 

At at this point Pepsi would be better served starting over with a new name all together though 

Never thought I'd see the day when a modern beverage rebrand contains Copperplate and Korinna.

Just went to the supermarket and sure enough hiding on the bottom was the diet version, which is being called "Sierra Mist Zero Sugar"

hOjRi1F.jpg

Also what's interesting is that the NBA isn't a "Proud partner" anymore.

17 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

They went through SIX different logos in ten years? What?!

What's crazier is he missed the 1st logo from 1999 - 2001

pcmist1.JPG