Sierra Mist? Mist Twst?

31 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Just went to the supermarket and sure enough hiding on the bottom was the diet version

hOjRi1F.jpg

Also what's interesting is that the NBA isn't a "Proud partner" anymore.

Maybe they're not proud of Sierra Mist Twst jacking Copperplate from the Warriors.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, keynote said:

"MIST TWST" sounds like the brand for a caffeinated soda.  Did Pepsi briefly introduce caffeine to the formula, like they once (briefly) did with Orange Slice? 

PepsiCo caffeinated a lemon/lime soda in the late 90's with Storm, but it wasn't distributed nationally.

On 7/10/2018 at 12:11 PM, Gobbi said:

Interesting. I just assumed Pepsi made 7up everywhere. Thanks for the info!

As a Canadian who recently moved to the US? It's been confusing to say the least :P

23 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Yea Pepsi's lemon line soda is confusing.

You're telling me.

It's 7up everywhere but the US.

It's Sierra Mist in the US, where it competes with 7up.

And now you have Mountain Dew, a Pepsi brand, coming out with their own lemon-lime pop, with Mtn Dew Ice. Which will probably compete with all of the above, plus Sprite.

Pepsi. Just...just slow down. Think your life out.

20 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

What's crazier is he missed the 1st logo from 1999 - 2001

pcmist1.JPG

That's the best one, to be honest.

The sheer number of logos this soda has gone through is absolutely mind-boggling.

I guess they're just throwing spaghetti at the wall and hoping something sticks. Pepsi has to trot out a lemon-lime soda option for Pepsi-licensed restaurants and so people can buy a lemon-lime soda when Pepsi family 12-packs go on sale $4/10 or whatever - but that's the only reason it exists, right? Is anybody really actively seeking out Sierra Mist over Sprite and/or 7-Up?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

On 7/9/2018 at 7:21 PM, 8993 said:

2008-2010

200?cb=20100309135740

The amount of different logos is definitely ridiculous. With that said, at least the majority of them look like beverage logos... this one on the other hand looks like part of a title sequence for a made for tv mystery movie. 

Glad to see it's back to being Sierra Mist. I think everyone still called it that anyway. The logo is nothing special, but it's not terrible either. It works well enough. I always preferred the 2006-2008 logo, so I like that this is similar.

I must be one of the few that actually prefers Sierra Mist over Sprite or 7up. Especially when they went to regular sugar instead of corn syrup.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I must be one of the few that actually prefers Sierra Mist over Sprite or 7up. Especially when they went to regular sugar instead of corn syrup.

The diet version of Sierra Mist was just as good as Diet 7-Up, with a stronger lemon/lime flavour.  Sprite Zero is lighter even than Diet 7-Up.  I'd readily drink any of them.  Honestly, I think I have enjoyed almost every no-calorie caffeine-free soda that I have tried, including all the ginger ales and Caffeine-Free Diet Coke.  Though I seem to remember Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi as being a little weird-tasting. (I haven't found that in a store for quite some time.)

Anyway, the absolute best of all sodas  — not just lemon-lime sodas, not just diet sodas, but all sodas — is Fresca.  You could give Fresca to someone who claims to dislike diet soda, and that person would be none the wiser.  For me it is the greatest.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 hours ago, Gobbi said:

The amount of different logos is definitely ridiculous. With that said, at least the majority of them look like beverage logos... this one on the other hand looks like part of a title sequence for a made for tv mystery movie. 

Yea this was when Pepsi changed all their main designs when Pepsi changed to the smiley globe and mountain dew became mtn dew....obviously this one didn't work out so well 

50 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I can't tell 7-Up, Sprite, or Sierra Mist apart at all flavorwise.  I usually just pick Sprite because they have the most aesthetically pleasing cans of the three

#brandingmatters

This is a message board, not facebook or twitter and even on there I find hashtags annoying. You could've just put "most aesthetically pleasing cans of the three, branding matters"

2 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:
54 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I can't tell 7-Up, Sprite, or Sierra Mist apart at all flavorwise.  I usually just pick Sprite because they have the most aesthetically pleasing cans of the three

#brandingmatters

This is a message board, not facebook or twitter and even on there I find hashtags annoying. You could've just put "most aesthetically pleasing cans of the three, branding matters"

Actually, he would have needed a semicolon:

"...the most aesthetically pleasing cans of the three; branding matters."

But your point is a good one.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 7/11/2018 at 8:10 PM, sc49erfan15 said:

The sheer number of logos this soda has gone through is absolutely mind-boggling.

I guess they're just throwing spaghetti at the wall and hoping something sticks. Pepsi has to trot out a lemon-lime soda option for Pepsi-licensed restaurants and so people can buy a lemon-lime soda when Pepsi family 12-packs go on sale $4/10 or whatever - but that's the only reason it exists, right? Is anybody really actively seeking out Sierra Mist over Sprite and/or 7-Up?

Before they changed the formula sometime around 08-10 I absolutely was Mist over other lemon Lime alternatives. And then in the fall they released the cranmist which I absolutely loved up until the aforementioned formula change.

4 hours ago, NicDB said:

Sierra Mist is the TNA/GFW/Impact Wrestling of the soft drink world.

Pepsi Co. in general kinda is. The way they change logo branding on everything every 4-5 years, and Coke has maybe done tweaks but never majorly over  hauled their look the way and as often as Pepsi has. 

Pepsi at least has direction to go along with their brand refreshes.  No comparing them to Impact and Sierra Mist's tendency to change so quickly they're not even sure what to call themselves at times.

Archived