International Football 2018-2019

TrueYankee26

:censored: your separate streaming platform.

Unless it's like, a dollar a month. Otherwise, go to hell.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Turner announces Champions League coverage. 46 games on TNT, every game to be streamed on a new, fee-based platform, B/R Live.

https://www.turner.com/pressroom/united-states/turner-sports/uefa/br-live-provide-direct-access-more-340-live-uefa

Europa League will be streaming only.

Do you want to make sure no one watches? This is how you do that. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, DG_Now said:

:censored: your separate streaming platform.

Unless it's like, a dollar a month. Otherwise, go to hell.

I believe I saw you could buy individual games for $2-3, but that's the best I've got. EDIT: $2.99 per game, $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year.

I hope UEFA enjoys the money...

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

15 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I believe I saw you could buy individual games for $2-3, but that's the best I've got. EDIT: $2.99 per game, $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year.

They're following the NBC Gold package idea which was even more disgusting after having every game free for the last three years. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

No, that's insane. $80 for just the Champions League? Not a single chance. Way to go, Turner. Soccer fandom is really taking off in the US, and this is the worst possible way to capitalize on it.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

23 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

No, that's insane. $80 for just the Champions League? Not a single chance. Way to go, Turner. Soccer fandom is really taking off in the US, and this is the worst possible way to capitalize on it.

Is it still going to be free on TV or is this asinine B/R Live thing the only way to watch it?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Is it still going to be free on TV or is this asinine B/R Live thing the only way to watch it?

There will be games on TNT, yes. But only one game per broadcast window.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Spanish language rights with Univision will have a CL group stage match on over the air on Univision or UniMas and one on Univision Desportes (Group stage matches are now double-headers). Univision's ratings will be close to TNT, if not better.

Only UniMas and Univision Desportes will air Eurpoa League games.

OTOH, the Turner pregame show doesn't really sound like watching as they've got just hires: Kate Abdo and Steve Nash. Not much else is known but Tim Howard will call some matches and Stu Holden has been given permission from FOX Sports to work on a contract with Turner for UEFA matches.

13 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Spanish language rights with Univision will have a CL group stage match on over the air on Univision or UniMas and one on Univision Desportes (Group stage matches are now double-headers). Univision's ratings will be close to TNT, if not better.

Only UniMas and Univision Desportes will air Eurpoa League games.

OTOH, the Turner pregame show doesn't really sound like watching as they've got just hires: Kate Abdo and Steve Nash. Not much else is known but Tim Howard will call some matches and Stu Holden has been given permission from FOX Sports to work on a contract with Turner for UEFA matches.

Tim Howard is decent at color commentary but not the best. Soccer really just cycles the same people through all of the channels.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The incredible thing to me is that, to be frank, the sketchy stream subreddits still provide a better quality product than any of the official streaming services from networks; maybe apart from ESPN+. Maybe Turner can make enough money from people who don’t know any better, but it seems unlikely to me.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Serie A to ESPN+

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/08/more-than-340-serie-a-tim-matches-headed-to-espn-in-new-multi-year-u-s-rights-agreement-for-italian-football/

Starting this month, ESPN+ will carry an average of nine matches live each week from August through May, while ESPN networks will televise a Serie A TIM Match of the Week — close to 40 matches per season. Most telecasts will air on ESPN and ESPN2, and the Match of the Week will also be available in Spanish on ESPN Deportes. The 20-team Serie A TIM is home to some of global football’s most recognizable and storied clubs, including Juventus FC, AC Milan, AS Roma, FC Inter Milan and more.

Coverage of Serie A TIM will also feature year-round news and highlights content across ESPN platforms. Additionally, ESPN+ will exclusively feature one-hour season preview and review programs, a weekly preview and highlight shows and a Serie A TIM goals of the week program.

Coverage of the 2018-19 Serie A TIM season will begin Saturday, August 18, with the league’s opening match, ChievoVerona vs. Juventus, airing on ESPN+ (12 p.m. ET). Five-time Ballon d’Or Award winner Cristiano Ronaldo, will make his league debut for Juventus, winners of seven straight Serie A TIM titles. Before joining the club in July, Ronaldo scored a record 450 goals in 438 games in nine seasons with Spain’s Real Madrid, leading the club to four UEFA Champions League titles. His move to Juventus is considered one of the most impactful transfers in international soccer.

6 hours ago, dfwabel said:

UGHHH!!!! They're adding some nice programming but shoving it to ESPN+. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm happy to give ESPN $5/month once they provide an Xbox One app. It remains insane they don't have one yet.

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

At least there are other reasons to subscribe to ESPN+, and conceivably a lot of interested people are already on it. The Turner UEFA-only subscription fee, and to a lesser extent the NBC-EPL one, is where it gets bad for me. Just too much money to justify.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

21 minutes ago, Digby said:

At least there are other reasons to subscribe to ESPN+, and conceivably a lot of interested people are already on it. The Turner UEFA-only subscription fee, and to a lesser extent the NBC-EPL one, is where it gets bad for me. Just too much money to justify.

I'm just waiting for Fox to do the same now. Especially with college football starting up.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Where was Serie A before? The article says they'll have about 40 matches on regular ESPN(2) so there's that. 

I personally like ESPN+ just because us MLS fans who previously subscribed to MLS Live came out ahead since we get all of the games again, but cheaper and with more stuff. I get other people being annoyed by it though. 

Just now, Red Wolf said:

Where was Serie A before? The article says they'll have about 40 matches on regular ESPN(2) so there's that. 

I personally like ESPN+ just because us MLS fans who previously subscribed to MLS Live came out ahead since we get all of the games again, but cheaper and with more stuff. I get other people being annoyed by it though. 

BeIn Sport would tape delay their games. And it was the same as BeIn did for Spain. Juventus, Napoli and the Milan clubs vs whomever and Roma. No options to see the other teams unless it was against the big 5.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived