bowld

2019 Winter Classic logo

Is it just me or is this a very uninspiring design?

I like it, although i hate Notre Dame, but the NHL shield looks out of place. I like the overall feel for it however

Agreed...the NHL shield just looks slapped on like an afterthought.

Posting this here (though I know @bowld started a thread) - love the scroll that's clearly an homage to the "Play like a champion" sign; hate the NHL logo in that position. Would look better below the icy W, or bottom-right part of the leaf.

I dislike the streak & puck portion of the wordmark... feels like too many small details to shrink down well.

Seems like they could’ve gone with a fully frozen clover, and it would’ve looked a lot better.

I don't mind this. It pays homage to Notre Dame without being too over-the-top. It just looks WAY different from all the previous Winter Classic Logos. I think it needs one more element in it to bring it together. 

I see the Boston Celtics are hosting the Winter Classic.

I like it, keeps the elements we have grown accustomed to seeing in each year's logo while also adding a simple Irish flair.

Wow, this is awful. It looks like a fan concept. It doesn't match the tone of the previous WC logos at all (other than the usual script and design elements). What an unremarkable Winter Classic overall.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:11 PM, C-Squared said:

I dislike the streak & puck portion of the wordmark... feels like too many small details to shrink down well.

It doesn’t have as many small details as winter classic logos of the past so I don’t see this one being a problem.