San Diego Padres focus-grouping new uniforms for 2020

Gothamite

What annoys me is that they will assemble a focus group every few years, yet the changes they have made over the past decade never remotely reflect what comes out of these groups. The 2016 "redesign" is the most baffling of all this. Heck, this is Rams territory of lacking a cohesive look.padres.jpg

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

Six uniforms in that 2016 graphic and only two look like they are part of the same set.  Bravo!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Count me as part of the brown and yellowish gold camp. The brown reflects the imagery of the friar robes and mission history of the region and the gold indicates California sunshine and/or the glow of gas lamps. Brown is also a popular color for non sports apparel and would likely sell well, even to the non sports fans in the area. Given that it also aligns with franchise history and I think it’s almost a no brainer. 

I found my previous cardinal-&-gold concept set from several years back...this  switches brown to a trim tertiary. (Mods, feel free to move these if necessary.)

33rGt8e.png

(This was my original logo concept; I just switched the scripts to cardinal and trims to brown below.)

hwWWhca.png

AzO8NCx.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Let me add another yes to the multitude.

Add one more to the list.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Padres Owner: Maybe Brown (or Maybe Not) for 2020

July 17, 2018 - 12:51 PM

Could the San Diego Padres finally be making the move to brown uniforms full-time? Who knows, but at least we’ve got an update on the painfully long process into figuring out if their fans want them to wear brown or […]

Read More...

21 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Being a child of the AL in the days before cable, I have almost no memory of the Padres in brown.  And absolutely no first-hand memory of the days before they added orange.  I just think the color combination looks better, and has the added benefit of being unique in baseball.

I didn’t know the Padres ever wore brown until the year I was on the Little League Padres with hand me down uniforms that were six years old or so.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

Add one more to the list.

And another.

And count me in the camp that suspects Padres ownership is trying their damndest to muddy the waters and find any reason possible to avoid going back to brown. I'll believe the Padres will be back in brown on a full-time basis when I see the absence of any blue color in their uniform rotation.

2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

@Bucfan56 said it best. We need to kill this franchise. They’re dumb. 

They’re good for hosting other teams for 81 dates in a fantastic stadium.

Sometimes, I think it would’ve been better for the team to move to DC in the 1970s. At least navy/red is an appropriate color scheme there (with a slate blue/black/copper phase in the 1990s-early ‘00s, because they’d still be trend-chasers). A 1990s expansion team in San Diego wouldn’t have the branding baggage of the 1969 expansion team.

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

@Bucfan56 said it best. We need to kill this franchise. They’re dumb. 

*Contract Padres and Marlins

*Move Athletics to San Diego

*Move Rays to Miami

*Expand to Portland and Montreal

*Profit

VmWIn6B.png

3 minutes ago, LMU said:

*Contract Padres and Marlins

*Move Athletics to San Diego

*Move Rays to Miami

*Expand to Portland and Montreal

*Profit

*Move Rays to Charlotte

FTFY

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

*Move Rays to Charlotte

FTFY

Miami has a taxpayer fleeced ballpark.  You'd have to move a team there to not cut off the civic government money pipeline.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived