2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

Hey, uh, I think we gotta good football team in the Volunteer State, maybe. Fought with guts and grit, stared down the defending champs all the way to overtime and won. Post-game interviews were great too, excited for the win but level-headed and ready to keep this momentum going one week at a time. I can dig it.

ICXC NIKA

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Tough day for the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles.

I couldn’t see the game (was at Chernobyl power plant... just sayin) but I know that they started guys that had never played for them before, including a receiver that was just signed off the scrap heap during the week. They’re killed with injuries (not unlike last year) and with the change in QB it’s just been a little tougher.

Their top RB is OUT, their second RB is trying to play with a back fracture, their third (arguably second) RB is OUT, so they started their 4th stringer, and a practice squad guy played. 

Alshon Jeffery just came back, and Jordan Matthews started after just being signed the other day. Also their best OL is out (again - it’s time for Jason Peters to just retire and hang out in Canton for 5 years) and the secondary has guys that I’ve literally never heard of playing. 

Again, didn’t see it so don’t know the whole story (save for the above facts), but not worried - as long as they’re still floating at sea level as guys return (and if they can sign or trade for a d-back) they’ll be fine come the end of the season.  

Last I checked, they’re still the SBCs, and that didn’t change with yesterday’s game. Maybe Gritty should pay them a visit to wake them / fire them up. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

Mahomes is for real. The kid didn’t have a big number game, but he had his best game tonight. Didn’t fold at all.

16 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Mahomes may be the second coming of Football Jesus and I hate it so much.

True, funny story about my first experience seeing Patrick Mahomes.

In 2015, LSU played Texas Tech in the Texas Bowl in Houston. I went to that game and knew absolutely nothing about Texas Tech's team other than their record.

Very early in the game, a Texas Tech fan sitting next to me, quite a few years younger (just past college student age, and much more urban-hip and street-smart than I), starting cheering on his home boys when they were on offense:

"Come on, my homes!  Let's go, my homes"

Which of course, by the end of the game I found out that he was was cheering on his QUARTERBACK, Patrick Mahomes....

It is what it is.

11 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

4-0 two years in a row for KC. Third overall under Reid.

Hollow numbers, just like all of Andy Reid’s.

the best chance for the chiefs to play for the Super Bowl championship against the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia eagles in the Super Bowl would be to fire Reid immediately after the regular season, even if they are 16-0. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I'm ready for the yearly Chiefs falloff.

And this has been going on since at least the late '80s/early '90s, if not sooner.

I can still remember all those former-49er-quarterback-led Kansas City Chiefs teams back then going like 10-6 or 12-4 or something like be that only to get bounced come playoff time. I think they only made the conference 'ship like one time back then--and of course, lost.

Back then, the problem was Marty-ball; these days it's Andy-ball. (And lately, the Tennessee Titans. ?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Classic Titans. Beat the SB champs in a shootout only to choke to Buffalo a week later. Anemic offense, pathetic wide receivers. I'm thankful the outcry for "national attention" and "respect" got ignored and nobody worth while had eyes on this game. If you can't beat Buffalo and can't even score a TD on them you don't deserve respect and you shouldn't want attention. Do nothing but catching drills all week, sign somebody with decent dependable hands, do whatever they gotta do and get the train back on the tracks if they want to be anything more than your normal irrelevant dumpster fire of a franchise. Sportsball sucks.

ICXC NIKA

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Ravens offense has looked pitiful today. Expecting a big fat L. 

Actually glad we lost. I don’t care how good a defense is, you don’t score 9 points in a game and expect to win. I hope those coaches put them in a room and don’t let them out until they get chewed out significantly. 

Also, really thrilled that 2015-2017 Flacco showed up on the goal line to throw an INT. ‘Preciated that. 

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The Browns defense deserves at least a little credit for that, doesn't it? B)

Oh absolutely, Denzel Ward absolutely locked up John Brown, the TEs did nothing, running game was awful as usual.

But a lot can be put on the Ravens too. Flacco looked exactly like how he did before this season, listless, uninterested, and not confidence-inspiring. Crabtree had about 20 drops, including the potential GW TD, Chris Moore’s block in the back killed an OT drive that was in FG range. So on and so forth. 

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Denzel Ward absolutely locked up John Brown

A lot of draft "experts" ridiculed the Browns for taking Ward with the #4 overall pick. He was too small, etc. Five games in, he's looking like a 1st team All-Pro. Just goes to show you what the draft "experts" know. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived