2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

21 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Does the Rams’ field always look this bad when USC plays the day before?

18 hours ago, dfwabel said:

This was the first time this season with games 24 hours apart.  USC had a Friday night game this year and the changeover wasn't much better with an additional 12 hours.

It will happen again in two weeks.

Nov. 10: Cal@USC

Nov. 11: Seahawks@Rams

Yes, the back-to-back games was part of it. There was also a heavy fog the previous night so the grass was too wet to deal with the paint. So while, yes, you can see the USC marks as that Chargers video shows, but its normally not as bad as it was yesterday.

---

Also, I have an announcement....

8-0. Ram It.

source.gif

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland doesn't need a cleaner, they need a [censored] exterminator. This team honestly needs to be completely nuked. Get rid of EVERYONE, honestly; like the team was an expansion team again.

Look at everyone on the roster, see who's good, who's got that "winning" mindset and keep those who have the mindset of winning, because this team has no winning culture. Get rid of everyone who doesn't have this mindset.

This organization is basically a blighted building downtown. It's got windows knocked out and boarded up. It's probably vermin infested too. It's an eyesore.

This team has honestly been a joke since Day 1 of the reborn Browns. Maybe, it's time for Cleveland II to relocate. I'm convinced there is some serious bad juju in that city. The old Browns (Ravens) left, and they won 2 Super Bowls. This city is downright radioactive to this franchise.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

3 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Cleveland doesn't need a cleaner, they need a [censored] exterminator. This team honestly needs to be completely nuked. Get rid of EVERYONE, honestly; like the team was an expansion team again.

Look at everyone on the roster, see who's good, who's got that "winning" mindset and keep those who have the mindset of winning, because this team has no winning culture. Get rid of everyone who doesn't have this mindset.

This organization is basically a blighted building downtown. It's got windows knocked out and boarded up. It's probably vermin infested too. It's an eyesore.

This team has honestly been a joke since Day 1 of the reborn Browns. Maybe, it's time for Cleveland II to relocate. I'm convinced there is some serious bad juju in that city. The old Browns (Ravens) left, and they won 2 Super Bowls. This city is downright radioactive to this franchise.

Cleveland sports are a disgrace. The only good thing to happen in the past 60 years was having one of the greatest NBA players of all time born down the road. Even he only managed to win ONE championship and left twice. The Indians are historically mediocre and only made the playoffs because the AL Central is a joke. 

The Browns ownership did the right thing by bringing in a GM that actually knows something about football. But why did he get fired from KC? Why did he keep a coach that has only won 1 game in two seasons? Why did they trade the franchise's best WR of all time to the greatest dynasty in the NFL? One dumb thing after another and they have no one to blame but themselves. I'm sure they'll hire another terrible coach and he'll be fired after two seasons. 

2 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Why did he keep a coach that has only won 1 game in two seasons?

Uh, because it was a condition of him getting the job, probably.

I don't get the overwhelming reaction here. The Browns FO has been no worse than competent since Dorsey came on, clearing out prior mistakes made by the Browns. Finally convincing ownership that firing Hue might be a decent idea is perhaps the biggest step forward yet.

There's a very strong young core building with the Browns and if they can get competent coaching leadership in, they'll at least be a fringe playoff contender next season.

6fQjS3M.png

2 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Uh, because it was a condition of him getting the job, probably.

I don't get the overwhelming reaction here. The Browns FO has been no worse than competent since Dorsey came on, clearing out prior mistakes made by the Browns. Finally convincing ownership that firing Hue might be a decent idea is perhaps the biggest step forward yet.

There's a very strong young core building with the Browns and if they can get competent coaching leadership in, they'll at least be a fringe playoff contender next season.

I think getting rid of Haley was more important than Hue. Haley's playcalling made no sense at times and it was obvious watching Hard Knicks that he was coveting the head coach position. Both needed to go because the 3 moral victories they had this year were still losses.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

There was also a heavy fog the previous night so the grass was too wet to deal with the paint. 

That makes sense. The strangest part wasn’t even that you could still see the USC marks on open field, but even the Rams’ paint didn’t cover up the USC marks at midfield and the end zones.

Trivia Question: which Browns head coach had the longest tenure since the team came back in 1999 and how long did he last?

-

-

-

-

If you said Romeo Crennel and 4 full seasons you get some internet points.

You know that jersey in Cleveland that adds a nameplate every time the Browns start a new QB? They need like a coach's pullover with all the different Browns head coaches since 99. 

Here's the list:

Chris Palmer - 5-27, expansion team so maybe it's hard to blame him.

Butch Davis - 24-35, MADE THE PLAYOFFS! all things considered winning 24 out 59 games and making the playoffs once is an achievement for a Browns head coach. 

Terry Robiskie - interim head coach after Davis got fired 11 games into 2004. Went 1-4.

Romeo Crennel - 24-40, but one of those was that weird 10-6 Derek Anderson season in 2007. They still managed to miss the playoffs. The last time they had a winning record. 

Eric Mangini - 10-22

Pat Shurmur - 9-23

Rob Chudzinski - 4-12

Mike Pettine - 10-22, which includes a 7-9 in his first year, but it was the Brownsiest way to go 7-9 because they were 7-4 at one point and then the wheels fell off. One of those 5 straight losses to end the season is my favorite Bengals win over the Browns ever. The Browns turned to Johnny Manziel after some poor play by Brian Hoyer and in Manziel's first ever NFL start, with the stadium hyped, with my friends who are Browns fans talking trash all week, they were promptly destroyed 30-0. The Bengals defense flashed the money manziel sign in Manziel's face roughly 867 times that day. That's an estimate because scientists are still trying to calculate the true number.

Hue Jackson - 3-36-1. It's almost impossible to be that bad in the NFL with the rules in place to prevent a team from being that bad. Went 1-15, remarkably not fired, went 0-16, somehow again not fired, goes 2-5-1. Doubles his win total from the previous two years plus a tie with the Steelers. 

I don't want Browns fans to think I'm gloating. I just take fascination with how this team could be so consistently terrible. I want the Browns to get good. In a just world it's the steelers who go on a crappy run like that. America is dying for that in these trying times. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

In a just world it's the steelers who go on a crappy run like that. America is dying for that in these trying times. 

The day the Steelers, Patriots, and I'll add Packers are all terrible at once is the day the NFL folds, but by then the Cowgirls will probably be good again so it would all be moot.

I actually feel bad for Browns fans. It actually takes effort to be this terrible for almost 20 years, yet the Browns have turned it into an art. The fans really don't deserve this misery, but it doesn't look like it'll end anytime soon.

NSFCvyu.png

6 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

The day the Steelers, Patriots, and I'll add Packers are all terrible at once is the day the NFL folds, but by then the Cowgirls will probably be good again so it would all be moot.

That was the late 80's when all those teams sucked and the league was objectively better.

The NFL doesn't need the steelers as much as the NFL thinks it needs the steelers. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

That was the late 80's when all those teams sucked and the league was objectively better.

The NFL doesn't need the steelers as much as the NFL thinks it needs the steelers. 

Better than 2018? Yes. Better than 1994 or 2007? No, not at all. When the Cowboys returned to prominence in 1991 the league saw a meteoric rise in revenue, profit, and ratings. Yes, this coincided with the rise of the internet and the financial boom of the decade, but to have "America's Team" at the forefront really helped the NFL rather than it be, say, the Dolphins or Cardinals. It certainly didn't hurt that the Steelers, 49ers, and Packers - hell even the Patriots - were all very good in the 90s as well.

The late 80s are considered good but look at the teams that won in that time span: Giants, Redskins, 49ers x2. All large, reliable, NFC markets. Had the Broncos or Browns defeated the Giants in '86 or the Bengals in '88 the league may have been slightly worse off (I say slightly because football popularity was rising no matter what). To have those large markets dominate the league in the 80s made it's rise in the 90s so much easier.

NSFCvyu.png

33 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I don't want Browns fans to think I'm gloating. I just take fascination with how this team could be so consistently terrible. I want the Browns to get good. In a just world it's the steelers who go on a crappy run like that. America is dying for that in these trying times. 

It's not gloating if you're merely stating facts.

The Cleveland Browns are bad for one simple reason:  the NFL awarded the expansion franchise to a ****ty owner, who in turn sold it to a ****ty owner, who in turn sold it to a third ****ty owner.  Period.  If Eddie DeBartolo had been allowed to buy the Browns, for example, my guess is that the past two decades of Cleveland football would be remarkably different than they have turned out.

nav-logo.png

The NFL is the least dependent on major markets and classical teams of all the big sports leagues. The league abandoned the second largest media market for over 20 years. At the time, the Saints-Colts Super Bowl was the most-watched television program in history. Acting like the Patriots are a team that matters for the NFL's success is a weird product of them being good for nearly two decades. They just didn't matter in the grand scheme of things before 2001.

1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:

Better than 2018? Yes. Better than 1994 or 2007? No, not at all. When the Cowboys returned to prominence in 1991 the league saw a meteoric rise in revenue, profit, and ratings. Yes, this coincided with the rise of the internet and the financial boom of the decade, but to have "America's Team" at the forefront really helped the NFL rather than it be, say, the Dolphins or Cardinals. It certainly didn't hurt that the Steelers, 49ers, and Packers - hell even the Patriots - were all very good in the 90s as well.

The late 80s are considered good but look at the teams that won in that time span: Giants, Redskins, 49ers x2. All large, reliable, NFC markets. Had the Broncos or Browns defeated the Giants in '86 or the Bengals in '88 the league may have been slightly worse off (I say slightly because football popularity was rising no matter what). To have those large markets dominate the league in the 80s made it's rise in the 90s so much easier.

My point is that the league will survive a down period for one of its big markets or popular teams because there will always be at least one large market team having a good season. It's practically mathematically impossible for there not be, which is why the league doesn't need Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and Boston to all be simultaneously good. I mean the Bears aren't good but once every like 7 years, LA didn't have a team for over 20. And still the Super Bowl could be the Jaguars against the Saints and a billion people would watch it. Football is more like a weekly TV show than it is a sport and yeah Dallas being good helps ratings, but It's not as dependent on market size as baseball is or the NHL where Winnipeg making the final might cause Gary Bettman to die.

And my overall point as always is it's way overdue for Steelers fans turn to experience some suck (like the Browns and pretty much everyone else have). Nobody disagrees. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I tend to agree that the NFL is less reliant on big/traditional markets than other sports.  Either that or it has more teams that count as big and/or traditional.  When I was a kid in the 1980s, the Packers were terrible, the Steelers  were mediocre, the Cowboys were decent, and the Patriots were among the league's most forgotten-about franchises.  It was fine. Of course the Giants were among the teams that were competitive, but the 49ers were the key franchise of the 1980s...and prior to that, I don't believe they attracted much notice, nationally.  Kinda like the pre-Brady Patriots.  While a Brewers, Timberwolves, or Predators dynasty might be bad for their respective sports, I think any NFL team that becomes relevant garners fan interest.  If the Titans become the next Patriots, fans all over the country will either jump on the bandwagon or start to hate them.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

In a just world it's the Patriots who go on a crappy run like that. America is dying for that in these trying times. 

Fixed.

I would rather the Steelers win the next 8 SB’s than the Pats win one more.

America needs Brady and Belichick to go away moreso than anything else.

Archived