2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

With the loss, the Raiders are the first ever Tank Bowl champions. Congrats... you just earned the number 1 overall pick. Enjoy screwing over Nick Bosa's potential career.

Oh no.  There's been a few REPUS Bowls (Super spelled backwards), with the Buccaneers and Colts as repeat entrants.

1981: 1-14 Colts vs. 2-13 Patriots

1983: 1-11 Oilers vs. 1-11 Buccaneers (But TB had no 1st Round pick as they traded it to CIN for QB Jack Thompson)

1991: 1-14 Colts vs. 2-13 Buccaneers

2005: 2-13 Texans vs. 3-12 49ers

7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Oh no.  There's been a few REPUS Bowls (Super spelled backwards), with the Buccaneers and Colts as repeat entrants.

1981: 1-14 Colts vs. 2-13 Patriots

1983: 1-11 Oilers vs. 1-11 Buccaneers (But TB had no 1st Round pick as they traded it to CIN for QB Jack Thompson)

1991: 1-14 Colts vs. 2-13 Buccaneers

2005: 2-13 Texans vs. 3-12 49ers

Every party needs a pooper, that's why they invited you... party pooper, party pooper.

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

Every party needs a pooper, that's why they invited you... party pooper, party pooper.

Huh? He provided additional insight to your post.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I’m not sure what party was pooped on. 

Anyway, I would say that I expect them to get significantly better once they settle in LV, but their coach is simply not good enough, has never been good enough, and won’t be good enough for the duration of his absurd contract. 

I cant understand why they felt that only ONE person could lead that team, and that they needed to make that move. Absolute fraking insanity. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Probably because Mark Davis is a boob and hired the man he saw on TV every Monday. Or maybe he thought the TV man was John Madden.

Dumbass NFL owners who inherited their teams and their wealth really put to lie the idea our gilded class deserves their good fortunes. There is no job Davis could successfully do that isn't "be Al Davis' kid."

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

He ruined my joke. That's why I said that... although the insight was nice.

I didn't ruin anything. If you are needing to blame somebody, blame the late Hugh Culverhouse* for Fielding such s#itty teams which are burned into the memory of my family.

*-I am adding him to the "Worst Owners" thread as he is surprisingly not mentioned.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I would say that I expect them to get significantly better once they settle in LV, but their coach is simply not good enough, has never been good enough, and won’t be good enough for the duration of his absurd contract. 

I cant understand why they felt that only ONE person could lead that team, and that they needed to make that move. Absolute freaking insanity. 

100%. I think the fact that teams had been trying to lure Gruden out of the booth for so long ended up inflating his reputation. He always came across to me, even on TV, as someone the game had passed by. He’s done nothing to show otherwise so far, although it is just 8 games. 

spacer.png

6 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Probably because Mark Davis is a boob and hired the man he saw on TV every Monday. Or maybe he thought the TV man was John Madden.

He got a tip from the PF Changs busboy.

VmWIn6B.png

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

100%. I think the fact that teams had been trying to lure Gruden out of the booth for so long ended up inflating his reputation. He always came across to me, even on TV, as someone the game had passed by. He’s done nothing to show otherwise so far, although it is just 8 games. 

It was also always crazy to me how college football fans were constantly wanting him to come to their team. There would even be the goofy coaching rumors where ArkyFan69XXX would claim to have seen Gruden on Dickson Street and then a bunch of people would get excited for some reason. It's like some form of Stockholm syndrome where people just saw a man on TV and it tricked them into thinking he must be the best.

8 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

He should be fired fuh cooawwwwwse.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What if this was all a ruse by Chuckie; sign a blockbuster deal and be viewed as the savior of the franchise. Engage in stragetic demolition; trading away the teams' best players for high Draft picks in a decently solid Draft, then suddenly decide to opt-out of his contract at the end of the year or something, leaving the team utterly decimated.

Trading Mack and Cooper fractured the rhythm of the team, and quite possibly his albatross of a contract has rubbed the players the wrong way.

They're thinking; why should we play for a coach who's making even more than we do?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

3 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

They're thinking; why should we play for a coach who's making even more than we do?

Huh?  If anything, that's the problem when the players make 10x the amount of the coach.  They know that they'll win a power struggle, because it's cheaper/easier to get rid of the coach, and it makes them feel like they're 10x more important than the coach.  If I'm paid 10M/year, why would I listen to some old man making 1/10th of that?  

Obviously the players are way more valuable than the coach and should be paid that way, but a coach making more is certainly not an issue - if anything, it's beneficial.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

What if this was all a ruse by Chuckie; sign a blockbuster deal and be viewed as the savior of the franchise. Engage in stragetic demolition; trading away the teams' best players for high Draft picks in a decently solid Draft, then suddenly decide to opt-out of his contract at the end of the year or something, leaving the team utterly decimated.

Trading Mack and Cooper fractured the rhythm of the team, and quite possibly his albatross of a contract has rubbed the players the wrong way.

I think that’s highly unlikely, if only for the fact that it would place Gruden at No. 1 on every single “Biggest Jerks in Sports History” list ever made. That kinda bad press would make any public figure squirm today. 

spacer.png

On 10/30/2018 at 11:26 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

I know, as fans, we like to say “Player A is so bad, how’d he even make it into the league?” but when in reality, there are no bad players in the NFL.

Every player, even the practice squad guys, were stars at their high school and elite players at the collegiate level. They are the only 2,000 players, per year, that are good enough to play professionally. Out of millions of people, too. 

However, Nathan Peterman is the first player I’ve seen in the NFL that makes me question that. I’ve never seen a pro football player look so incompetent before. 

The first two paragraphs are basically the stock answer anyone should give anytime the age old "could the best college football team beat the worst NFL team?" question comes up.

Archived