2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

One good thing about Nathan Peterman is the free money you make betting against him.

What kind of money are you set to make on this one? I want to start feeling bad about my no-gambling vow.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

43 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Big Ben down with a shoulder injury. Watch him magically come back in a short amount of time.

In all seriousness, I figure if Big Ben got atomized, his remaining cell would figure out some way to regenerate within a month or two.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

The Bills obviously just wanted a tough, gritty, blue-collar football player as their QB.

Yeh...Tyrod Taylor, you led the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in eons!  Congratulations, you've won a one-way ticket to Cleveland!

Nathan Peterman, for some reason, the Buffalo Bills think you're more than a career backup!  Congratulations, you've won a chance to establish yourself as the worst QB to ever start in NFL history and prove that the Bills brass has no idea how to find competent players!

Go home Bills, you're drunk.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

A few weeks ago, Eric Weddle proclaimed that “these aren’t the same old Ravens.” Thing is, these are absolutely the same old Ravens. Overrated defense that is ranked high statistically because of a few stat-inflating games, underwhelming offense that is utterly incapable of scheming receivers open or, incredibly, throwing to the sticks on third down, and overall, a team that leaves you feeling like it should be so much more. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco are by far the best coach and QB in Ravens history, and I’ll always be grateful for what they did for this team (especially 2012). But I wouldn’t be against getting rid of both of them. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

What kind of money are you set to make on this one? I want to start feeling bad about my no-gambling vow.

Bet $100 to win $90. I hope he starts next week! Let the good times roll.

If my favorite team can't win, at least I can.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Besides some big plays to close out games, shutting out the Sam Bradford Cardinals and the singluar efforts of Aaron Donald, this Rams defense has not been good overall.

Can't stop the run (and with Suh/Donald/Brockers up front, HOW is that possible), and the secondary has been shredded against anyone decent. Talib is injured, yes, and Marcus Peters probably didn't fully recover from his injury (that's evident, he gets burned more than anyone else most games), but they simply should be better than this.

Getting torn up defensively by the Saints right now. I think the Rams are probably the best halftime-adjustment team in the league, and they're going to need it badly in New Orleans today.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On 10/30/2018 at 11:45 PM, DG_Now said:

Has any football franchise been so beholden to a terrible quarterback before? I feel like Joey Harrington and David Carr are good examples, but they were at least high draft picks with potential. WTF is Peterman?

On 11/3/2018 at 4:00 AM, DG_Now said:

Gruden's play isn't to opt out; it's to get fired. And it's probably the best decision for him.

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Every INT Nathan Peterman throws, the stronger Colin Kaepernick's collusion case gets.

Re: the above...

2.  I'm not going to defend Gruden, but I will explain his strategy - he's trying to pull a Jimmy Johnson-like turnaround, dealing away what little he has around him and racking up draft picks for the future.  He didn't have a Herschel Walker nor a sucker to pay what the Vikings did for him available, so he's doing it piecemeal.  He's not trying to build a winner for 2018 - he's trying to build one for 2020, 2021 or 2023.  Whether he succeeds or not?  Meh... who knows.

1 and 3.  If there were no collusion going on with respect to Colin Kaepernick, at some point, sometime, somewhere, he'd have been signed to a contract by someone in the NFL by now.  Collusion is literally the only possible explanation for it at this point based on the performance of a whole slew of other people who've been given starting jobs in the NFL, or who've lost them only to get them elsewhere, or who've lost them only to get them back, etc., etc.

nav-logo.png

Just now, waltere said:

Michael Thomas pulling out the flip phone was amazing

you left out the "ly stupid".

Seriously - I'm all for fun, and celebrations, and I got the reference and would otherwise have enjoyed it, but YOU'RE IN THE FOURTH QUARTER OF A HUUUUUUUGE GAME AND IT'S A CLOSE ONE!!!!!  Why the hell would you intentionally - premeditatadly - cost your team yards in that situation?  If I'm on the defense, I'm punching that moron right in his grill and knocking out at least four teeth.  Godsdamn numbskull.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

1 and 3.  If there were no collusion going on with respect to Colin Kaepernick, at some point, sometime, somewhere, he'd have been signed to a contract by someone in the NFL by now.  Collusion is literally the only possible explanation for it at this point based on the performance of a whole slew of other people who've been given starting jobs in the NFL, or who've lost them only to get them elsewhere, or who've lost them only to get them back, etc., etc.

I don't think it was collusion in the traditional sense, with a meeting or a smoking gun e-mail making the rounds. My gut tells me that it didn't have to be said, and that everyone just sort of understood that he was persona non grata. It's not much of stretch when you think about how allergic to controversy teams can be (and yet, I know... Michael Vick!). I'm pulling for him, but I'm not optimistic about his chances.

Prediction that will probably be completely wrong: the Bills' starting QB next year will be... drumroll please...Swag effin' Kelly.  Feel free to @ me.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived