2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

28 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

And I have to admit, that comment about Big Ben was hilarious. Kudos.

Was not a joke. His fat keeps him from getting injured. This also helps with cold weather games. Like an arctic whale.  

I also don't understand how the Ravens continuously lose to the Bengals. It's one of those things that baffles me.

Matchups and attitude. They matchup with the Ravens better than they matchup with the Steelers and the Bengals don't have the mental baggage against the Ravens that they have against the Steelers. They just go out and play football. And it helps that one team doesn't have a clear officiating handicap.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

So the only explanation I've found as to why Buffalo keeps sticking by Peterman? Nathan Peterman is a very religious person. As is Sean McDermott. Apparently this has formed something of a bond, to the point where McDermott is willing to overlook flaws to a ridiculous degree.

I have no idea if the guy who said that has an inside edge or not, but it's as good an explanation as any.

Let's see.

They traded away the one decent veteran QB they had on their team after leading them to a playoff birth. Used a first round pick to draft another QB. And are going with a fifth-round draft pick from last year as a stop gap.

And here you are accusing this team of having no long or short-term plan for what they want to do at the position. You assume that the only reason Peterman has the job is that he and McDermott have some weird Tommy Maddox/Dan Reeves esqe relationship going on.

What people don't understand is that it's just not realistic to expect a team that hasn't won a playoff game in over two decades to go out and find someone better. It's like asking why you're 40 something-year-old cousin can't get off the couch to go look for work, when you know damn well he is way too busy smoking weed and playing video games to have time for something like that. He hasn't even gotten over his girlfriend from seven years ago breaking up with him.

That's the picture that comes to mind for me when people ask why the Bills can't better themselves.

12 minutes ago, pmoehrin said:

And here you are accusing this team of having no long or short-term plan for what they want to do at the position. You assume that the only reason Peterman has the job is that he and McDermott have some weird Tommy Maddox/Dan Reeves esqe relationship going on.

Yep. Despite the colourful analogy you’ve spun? There are better QBs out there. Almost any of them. I refuse to believe there isn’t someone they can find.

FFS. Nathan Peterman’s continued employment by a NFL team is exhibit A for Colin Kaepernick looking to prove collusion. 

It’s not that Buffalo is using a fifth round draft pick as a stopgap. That’s a pretty disengenous way to play down the Bills’ QB situation.

No, they’re using quite possibly the worst QB of the modern era whose play is an active detriment to the team. And given that they don’t have to settle for him? It makes me think that yeah. There’s something going on to make McDermott strangely loyal to this guy. Especially when you consider that Peterman’s play could be an active threat to his job security.  

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Yep. Despite the colourful analogy you’ve spun? There are better QBs out there. Almost any of them. I refuse to believe there isn’t someone they can find.

FFS. Nathan Peterman’s continued employment by a NFL team is exhibit A for Colin Kaepernick looking to prove collusion. 

It’s not that Buffalo is using a fifth round draft pick as a stopgap. That’s a pretty disengenous way to play down the Bills’ QB situation.

No, they’re using quite possibly the worst QB of the modern era whose play is an active detriment to the team. And given that they don’t have to settle for him? It makes me think that yeah. There’s something going on to make McDermott strangely loyal to this guy. Especially when you consider that Peterman’s play could be an active threat to his job security.  

I think your assuming my post to be way more serious than it was.

Obviously there’s better options than Nate Peterman. They had one of them in Tyrod Taylor and traded him away without having a backup option in mind.

I choose not to use names because in my view it better emphasizes how badly Buffalo messed this up.

I could have very well written any name I wanted who could have filled the criteria and it would still be a disaster.

Logic says there is no reason to do this and we’re now seeing the root of what said no to thought this play out.

Peterman’s impetitude is just all the more magnified by how pass happy the league has become. He is the closest thing we have at the pro level to the “coach’s son”.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

I think you missed his joke.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I’m really excited to see how Cooper helps out our offense (and I think he will improve it), but I’m willing to bet that our offense will still be terrible.

As long as the trio of Garrett, Linehan and Dak are still there, doesn’t really matter who else is out there. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Peterman has pics of McDermott confirmed.

There is no legitimate argument, yesterday, today, and certainly not tomorrow, to keep putting Peterman out there. The Bills QBs are on pace to throw 1 TD pass and six pick sixes this season (they're well on their way). Colin Kaepernick, EJ Manuel, J.P. Losman, even Sammy Baugh from the grave would be better options than what they're trotting out there right now. I'm at a serious loss as to how they even have two wins: in two years, McDermott has a point differential of -202; their average margin of defeat is 27-11. It's hard to put into words how bad he's been.

The Jets/Bills game will come down to which team gets the last pick six. Darnold will try, but he's never faced the pick six god before.

NSFCvyu.png

The Cowboys are so trash, lol. They had two weeks to prepare for this game and this is what they trotted out?!

Fire everybody on the offensive coaching staff, especially Linehan and Garrett. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

9 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The Cowboys are so trash, lol. They had two weeks to prepare for this game and this is what they trotted out?!

Fire everybody on the offensive coaching staff, especially Linehan and Garrett. 

What the [censored] do Garrett and Linehan have to do to get fired Jerry?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

The good news for Dallas is that they get to visit the reigning, defending, Patriot-conquering Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* next Sunday night, so they'll have a national audience to demonstrate their incompetence to.

*who still don't have a running back and are starting defensive players that were working 9-5 jobs just weeks ago.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So there's actually discussion in Miami of who should start once Tannehill comes back. REALLY?! If you are seriously having to compete for your starting job against Brock :censored:ing Osweiler, you need to go.

Kaepernick isn't great, but I'd take him right now instantly over those two.

So the Steelers have moved past Bell being a distraction, but you know damn well they'll find new ways to spice things up. Lo and behold, AB caught for driving like an ass on one of the busiest roads in the Burgh 'cause he was late to a team meeting. On freaking gameday.

The divas on this team (all three of them) need to be put in their place, but I doubt the cheerleader will do anything.

NSFCvyu.png

Well, that Jesse James TD should put a bow on the Panthers' annual "We can't hang with the big boys" game. 

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

This seven year old kid has lots of hot sports opinions on the Cowboys. Somebody in the family has had to listen to anything with Michael Lombardi as he basically started calling Garrett, "The Clapper", five years ago.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2018/11/08/dallas-7-year-old-fan-brutal-letter-jerry-jones/1928563002/

Dear Mr. Jones,

My name is Rylan Wood. I am a 7-year-old 2nd grade student in Mansfield, Texas. My family has been Dallas Cowboys fans since the team was started. I have a lot of Cowboy gear and I have met ‘Zeke, Taco, Jason Witten and two other players who play on other teams.

You have made my mom very mad because WE SUCK! Every game day she is yelling at the TV and turns off the game. We are wanting to believe in the boys but its hard. I hope 'Coach Garrett' is clapping if this letter gets to you. See what happens when Dez X is gone?? The cheerleaders are better than the team this year. I do not want to hurt your feelings.

Thank you, Rylan

Since Mom posted the letter on Facebook, it should mean that the grand/parents of 7 year old Bills, Browns, Jets, and Lions fans should tell her and her kid to just simmer and appreciate both a 12 and a 13 win season in the last four.

Archived