2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last 3 football games I've watched before last night were Bengals-Buccaneers, one half of Bengals-Saints, and Bengals-Ravens.

Last night was like watching a completely different sport. It was like watching football four years in the future. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

I'm upset now because every game after that is gonna be a letdown. Legitimately felt like a Super Bowl matchup. I know there was hardly any defense outside of turnovers, but this was mostly due to good offensive execution rather than poor, sloppy defensive play.

Oh, and Aaron Donald is the most dominant defensive player I've ever seen. I wasn't alive to see Mean Joe, Butkus, LT, or Reggie White, so he easily eclipses my previous No. 1 (Ray Lewis).

Yeah I hear ya.

I don't think we'll see another game like that the rest of this year.

Donald is definitely up there now.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So is Colin Kaepernick going to have to actually present a case, or can he just walk into the court and collect his settlement?

No, he would have to wait until Rex Grossman and Trent Dilfer get signed before him.

1 hour ago, dorshak said:

The Chiefs managed to hold the Rams to under 100 rushing yards too.

Yeah, no TDs for Gurley with 12 carries for 55 yards and 3 receptions for 39 yards. 15 touches, 94 yards, 0 TDs and the Rams still scored 54 points.

I don't know if Gurley got injured early on or if McVay deliberately wasn't using him (or just as a decoy), which they inexplicably do all the time in close games like these. (Why are you throwing on three straight downs for a three and out with minutes left and 3 KC timeouts? Kill the clock. Kill the game. FEED GURLEY.) It's truly McVay's only flaw is he can out think himself on these late game play calls.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I don't know if Gurley got injured early on or if McVay deliberately wasn't using him (or just as a decoy), which they inexplicably do all the time in close games like these. (Why are you throwing on three straight downs for a three and out with minutes left and 3 KC timeouts? Kill the clock. Kill the game. FEED GURLEY.) It's truly McVay's only flaw is he can out think himself on these late game play calls.

Aha

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

19 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

This is the most intense regular season game I've ever seen! 

Packers-Pats from four years ago was intense as hell...this year's edition fell flat in comparison.

Didn't watch Rams-Chiefs, so I'll take your words for it.  And as far as active players, yeah, it's a tossup between Donald and Mack in my book.  

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The crazy and horrifying thing as a fan of an AFC West team is that the Chiefs lost the turnover battle by 3 and only lost that game by 3. The Chiefs have a world-class QB, RB, and WR, and I hate it. On the bright side I know that there's no way they can win the Lamar Hunt Trophy... Right? Something is going to happen, I assume.

Also, I for one enjoy the college-ification of the NFL. I don't want every week to be full of insane games like Monday Night Football's classic, but I like the feeling that a 14-point lead with five minutes left isn't a gimme.

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

The crazy and horrifying thing as a fan of an AFC West team is that the Chiefs lost the turnover battle by 3 and only lost that game by 3. The Chiefs have a world-class QB, RB, and WR, and I hate it. On the bright side I know that there's no way they can win the Lamar Hunt Trophy... Right? Something is going to happen, I assume.

PJvQ4iFaVdHndI-pV4sfwLi6vD3GgzUt2X5O0lH9

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Also, I for one enjoy the college-ification of the NFL. I don't want every week to be full of insane games like Monday Night Football's classic, but I like the feeling that a 14-point lead with five minutes left isn't a gimme.

They are getting better about not paying players fairly. You may be onto something.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I feel exactly the same. I know it’s not this simple, and I know some people will vehemently disagree with me, but I listened to sports radio yesterday and the amount of people who complained about Monday night’s game was surprising to me. It gives off a “get off my lawn” vibe imo. But that’s just me. 

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

I feel exactly the same. I know it’s not this simple, and I know some people will vehemently disagree with me, but I listened to sports radio yesterday and the amount of people who complained about Monday night’s game was surprising to me. It gives off a “get off my lawn” vibe imo. But that’s just me. 

People like to pretend that they enjoy a 10-7 game because they think that it proves they understand football better than the rubes out there. I don't need or even want every game to be like Chiefs-Rams just like I don't need or want every college game to be a stereotypical Big XII shootout.

On 11/21/2018 at 7:49 AM, Red Wolf said:

Kansas City has always been that tease. Even in their Martyball era. They would always have one of the most dominating regular seasons, then fold like a tent when the games really matter, against more times than not; inferior opponents.

Reid has taken this thinking to a higher echelon. If there's one thing we know about him, is that when the games truly matter, the Walrus can't handle the pressure. He passes the Ball ad nasueam. He keeps digging himself deeper and deeper and then they lose.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

16 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

People like to pretend that they enjoy a 10-7 game because they think that it proves they understand football better than the rubes out there. I don't need or even want every game to be like Chiefs-Rams just like I don't need or want every college game to be a stereotypical Big XII shootout.

Like the 0-0 soccer game or hockey tie that has some people walking away thinking they just saw a once-in-a-lifetime performance.  A chess match that only the elite minds could appreciate.

Reactions from a 3-0 football game:

<MOD EDIT>

[EDIT] imagine image of super redneck alabama fan[/EDIT]

"dang, them, I say them boys can't do nothin', that sucked... kinda like, I say kinda like my sister do."

Arthur_Sasse___Albert_Einstein_Sticking_

"Did you see that?!?!  Outstanding!  It was like there was a star collapsing in front of each end zone, just sucking the offense in until it disappeared!  Simply marvelous match!!!!"

[EDIT] response to <mod edit> I figured that was pushing it a bit, my bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Lions lost at home to Chase Daniel...Chase Fricken Daniel. I know he's one of the more capable backups in the league, but he's still a backup. For Stafford to get so badly outplayed by him is an absolute travesty, but what can I say? The Lions truly do suck.

NSFCvyu.png

Archived